ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

Not to get all dark on everybody, but does making insulin cheaper not just incentivize more fatties?

Some people have type 1. That’s tragic, no one knows what causes type 1. But there seems to be a correlation between fatty parents and type 1.
there are a couple of studies that seem to show maternal obesity or gestational weight gain is a risk factor for a child to acquire T 1D. But cheaper insulin does not incentivize obesity. That’s like saying more people are smoking because lung cancer treatments have gotten a little bit better (or cheaper). The vast majority of overweight people will never have to take insulin. And by the time some of them do they’ve had Type 2 diabetes for some time. Insulin is not the first line treatment for Type 2.

Removing the combustible material and oxygen from the fire is exactly how firefighters put out fires, regardless whether they use water, blankets, CO2 foam or whatever.

It's like how removing Trump from politics by another humiliating defeat will make American politics less volatile.
So you think Joe and Kamala should be credited for extinguishing the fire by removing the combustible materials that they themselves poured on it?

Seriously? Thats what you’re going with?

😂

there are a couple of studies that seem to show maternal obesity or gestational weight gain is a risk factor for a child to acquire T 1D. But cheaper insulin does not incentivize obesity. That’s like saying more people are smoking because lung cancer treatments have gotten a little bit better (or cheaper). The vast majority of overweight people will never have to take insulin. And by the time some of them do they’ve had Type 2 diabetes for some time. Insulin is not the first line treatment for Type 2.
I think it does incentive it. Almost 12% of Americans are diabetic. It’s not rare.

We shift focus and access towards pharmaceutical interventions and away from diet an exercise at our own detriment.

Reactions: DANC
The advancements have been pretty good lately. Omnipods and CGMs…
Don’t forget insulin too. There are many different flavors these days, including an inhalable insulin. Walmart sells some cheap insulin but I don’t think it works in a pump, and is not a substitute for long acting insulin if you’re doing injections.

IMO…after Metformin they should go to a basal insulin for most type 2 diabetes. But…there is a stigma with a lot of people and, of course, some jobs don’t mesh

Reactions: Noodle
I think it does incentive it. Almost 12% of Americans are diabetic. It’s not rare.

We shift focus and access towards pharmaceutical interventions and away from diet an exercise at our own detriment.
Most Type 2 diabetics do not take insulin. (I think only ~20% do, but don’t quote me on that).

You seriously think people would be less obese if they knew insulin was going to cost $200 instead of $35? No, they simply won’t get the insulin. Type 2s aren’t going to drop dead on a week or two if they skip their insulin. So there’s no immediacy to the downside of not having insulin. It’s a slow, slow burn for them.

Most Type 2 diabetics do not take insulin. (I think only ~20% do, but don’t quote me on that).

You seriously think people would be less obese if they knew insulin was going to cost $200 instead of $35? No, they simply won’t get the insulin. Type 2s aren’t going to drop dead on a week or two if they skip their insulin. So there’s no immediacy to the downside of not having insulin. It’s a slow, slow burn for them.
I don’t know a lot about diabetes. I just hate fatties.

• Haha
Anyone see the side by side comparison of the Republican and Democratic conventions when the state roll calls for delegates was done. Absolutely hilarious. 80 year old woman at the Republican convention announcing each state. Old, tired and boring. Delegates barely cheered. Democrats had different music for each state and crowd was going wild. What a contrast. Dems all smiling on stage. Reps snarling and whining. Fear versus hope and joy. Pretty sure the American people like happy not hate.
Hey but Agent Orange needs to just keep pounding away at her laugh. I can understand why though. It’s so unnatural for anyone to laugh in his circle.
The first time I saw that comparison I didn't see the RNC logo. So on Morning Joe when they intorduced it as a "contrast" I thought the elderly lady stumbling over her words was someone from a past DNC and they were contrasting how the DNC had changed over the years...

I didn't watch any of the RNC, so I had no idea initially that they were contrasting the 2 convention roll calls from THIS year...

Don’t forget insulin too. There are many different flavors these days, including an inhalable insulin. Walmart sells some cheap insulin but I don’t think it works in a pump, and is not a substitute for long acting insulin if you’re doing injections.
Right now there is an issue with Novo being able to supply enough Fiasp. They got it added as the only fast acting to a lot of med D formularies and now can’t supply.

The docs arent really keen about going backwards with R insulin.

If you want fat people to not be fat, don't increase the price of insulin, increase the price of that 30 taco package from Hacienda.

If you want fat people to not be fat, don't increase the price of insulin, increase the price of that 30 taco package from Hacienda.
Even better. Put a clamp on what SNAP can be used for. Anything from the Frito-lay or Coca-Cola companies is a no go.

But get more granular. SNAP can only be used on meat, vegetables, fruits and whole grains. You don’t like it? Starve.

Right now there is an issue with Novo being able to supply enough Fiasp. They got it added as the only fast acting to a lot of med D formularies and now can’t supply.

The docs arent really keen about going backwards with R insulin.
Ugh. Yeah, that would suck. My son has always used Humalog (plus Semglee long acting before he had the Omnipod).

Trump hasn't has a true friend in decades. Even his close relatives are ambivalent in their support for him.

In fact, I just heard DJT Jr. in a commercial promoting investments in gold. His sales pitch? The world is going to hell and Americans need longterm investments in gold to weather the upcoming storm.

Now, ask yourselves, why would Donnie Junior make that sales pitch if he honestly believes that Trump is going to win the election and implement brilliant policies that save the world from the upcoming storm ? Obviously, Donnie Jr. knows Trump won't save the day.
This story broke about 3 weeks ago. It involves a Beverly Hills firm tht ripped off a bunch of people on a fake gold scam. Several people in the comments section mentioned that Oxford was one of those "gold companies" that advertised on the side of the tv screen on Newsmax when they were live covering Trump speeches and events...

I didn't realize Gabby Giffords has such difficulty speaking. I mean, it's not a surprise, I guess, but I wasn't aware just how tough it was for her. Pretty inspiring that she's even up there right now. And clearly sharp in the head, no matter how difficult the speaking is.

This last night has been pretty heavy law and order, pro-military, pro-America, pro-family. And also black. Super black.

Has it been like this the first three nights?

Vance was probably the best hire Trump ever made.
And why would that be? Vance is the least experienced VP candidate in this century with absolutely zero administrative experience and minimal legislative experience from sitting in the Senate for two years. Nothing previous from either the state or local level and not a single piece of significant legislation proposed or sponsored that I'm aware of...

Basically he wrote a book about Appalacia that a lot of people in Appalacia found demeaning and offensive. He also invested in a company that was supposed to provide employment opportunities for people in Appalacia and ended up being a boondoggle...

So I'm curious what makes him qualified to be one too many greasy Big Macs away from being POTUS?

Bret Baier making a good point. The Chicago Police Department in conjunction with the Feds have done a tremendous job shutting down any and all violence this week. Many people thought it would be a story, it’s not.

Could you imagine if the Chicago Police Department was this empowered as a matter of business?

Would be nice…

But next weekend. When 8 people are killed and dozens shot. Please remember this is all for show.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Even better. Put a clamp on what SNAP can be used for. Anything from the Frito-lay or Coca-Cola companies is a no go.

But get more granular. SNAP can only be used on meat, vegetables, fruits and whole grains. You don’t like it? Starve.
When all Americans stop eating that stuff then you can bitch about SNAP. Let’s just stop free school lunches for the poor while you’re at it because we as Americans pay for that as well. Big heart you have there. Now come back with something crueler. When it comes to social issues I’m more of a bleeding heart. We have a gay son as well as an autistic one as well so we feel for the discriminated and disabled as well as the poor. It proves we have hearts unlike you and the current MAGA party who are heartless and just cruel with your attacks on the less advantaged. I’d be embarrassed if you were related to me.

When all Americans stop eating that stuff then you can bitch about SNAP. Let’s just stop free school lunches for the poor while you’re at it because we as Americans pay for that as well. Big heart you have there. Now come back with something crueler. When it comes to social issues I’m more of a bleeding heart. We have a gay son as well as an autistic one as well so we feel for the discriminated and disabled as well as the poor. It proves we have hearts unlike you and the current MAGA party who are heartless and just cruel with your attacks on the less advantaged. I’d be embarrassed if you were related to me.
I actually care for the schoolchildren and the poor because I don’t want them shoveling poisonous processed crap into their bodies, or the government subsidizing it.

Maybe you think you’re being empathetic in some way. In the way that cities set up needle exchanges so at least your city can promote intravenous drug use in a “safe” manner.

An overdose of misguided empathy explains a lot of what the Democratic Party is today.

Last edited:
This is an incredible convention. They’re really trying to retcon themselves as Conservatives, or at the very least moderates. Guns, Coach, Military.

They really think the American people are sheep.

Well sure - you're always schtooping the dental assistants. Why wouldn't you be happy?
It was a heavy burden to bear for 32 years, a bevy of young women always eager to please the “big guy” who signs their checks. Actually, it sounds better in theory that it proved in reality. One can never get enough of that funky stuff in fur collar.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT