ADVERTISEMENT

Team Travel

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
I heard somewhere that the team is flying out of Indianapolis.

Just curious as to when they're flying out. Does anyone know?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Cignetti said they were flying out of Indy and that he preferred to do that on Friday.

One would assume that those plans have been in the books for sometime but Cignetti's response makes me wonder.

Cignetti said they were flying out of Indy and that he preferred to do that on Friday.

One would assume that those plans have been in the books for sometime but Cignetti's response makes me wonder.

Probably because, as CCC said, "This is a business trip, not a vacation."

He's teaching these young men to set the right priorities.

In my youth I traveled extensively for work. Up to 70% some years. I've never had a "jet lag" issue going West (spent tons of time in SF, Anaheim, Los Angeles, etc.) In fact. They were very productive trips as I'd wake up and get a great deal of work done prior to the day's agenda. A few times I spent enough time in California to get home and be a little tired.

I like the approach.

In my youth I traveled extensively for work. Up to 70% some years. I've never had a "jet lag" issue going West (spent tons of time in SF, Anaheim, Los Angeles, etc.) In fact. They were very productive trips as I'd wake up and get a great deal of work done prior to the day's agenda. A few times I spent enough time in California to get home and be a little tired.

I like the approach.
Yeah, my issue is only when flying west to east.

I like the approach.
I was wondering if they would fly out a day early to try to get acclimated to the time change. Apparently that's not an issue. These guys are young. They can catch up on sleep on the way back if necessary.

I was wondering if they would fly out a day early to try to get acclimated to the time change. Apparently that's not an issue. These guys are young. They can catch up on sleep on the way back if necessary.
The pros do it all the time, basketball & football, nobody seems to make it a big deal.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

Why would they go out earlier than Friday? When Indiana played at Oregon however, long ago that was, they left on Friday. They’re not going to Europe.

Cignetti being the sharp manager he is has them arriving in LA later in the day Friday so there's no time available for distractions by adventurous players. Saturday they'll be well occupied with team activities. Keep em focused, he's very sharp, experienced manager.

Last edited:
Next we'll be praising Cignetti for making sure his players get at least 3 healthy meals a day because he's such a sharp head coach.

We're talking some pretty basic stuff here guys. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far too, but the gushing is sort of embarrassing.

ha Exactly what I was thinking. Some grade A glazing going on now-a-days.

Next we'll be praising Cignetti for making sure his players get at least 3 healthy meals a day because he's such a sharp head coach.

We're talking some pretty basic stuff here guys. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far too, but the gushing is sort of embarrassing.
Ya, I've noticed you get many accolades on here. Facts are facts both about Cignetti and you.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Why would they go out earlier than Friday? When Indiana played at Oregon however, long ago that was, they left on Friday. They’re not going to Europe.

I'm not sure what your first sentence is about or the need for a, "?".... No one asked a question.... And who's gushing over facts?

The question mark at the end of the sentence indicates that I am asking a question. Let me know if you have any other grammar needs.

I never said or implied that they had a need to go out earlier than Friday... It's clear you have a problem with reading comprehension.

Ha, what?!?! You mean to tell me Coach Cig didn’t invent air travel just for this trip?!?! LOL!

Obviously taking care of the basics is something we are unused to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT