ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

Your AOL feed?!?!?
Somebody is sending me reminder alerts for all kind of holidays and special events. Are others getting these bizarre notifications more apropos to foreign countries? This is my first time for Obama Day.
Eid al-Adha is June 17th. I’ve been getting that annual notification for many years now.

In an ideal world that would be great. However, SNAO benefits have never been enough to buy strictly healthy foods. So you at least buy something that puts food in a hungry child’s stomach.
Have know SNAP beneficiaries and their struggles. I’ve also know a few beneficiaries who are perfectly capable of working who don’t but gladly take those benefits. There’s no simple solution.
I am cognizant that many people on SNAP benefits don’t have the benefit of quality grocery stores. That’s a real problem. But I still think we can do better and help folks get better food for their families.

I am cognizant that many people on SNAP benefits don’t have the benefit of quality grocery stores. That’s a real problem. But I still think we can do better and help folks get better food for their families.
Oh I agree but way smarter people than us haven’t come up with a solution.

Somebody is sending me reminder alerts for all kind of holidays and special events. Are others getting these bizarre notifications more apropos to foreign countries? This is my first time for Obama Day.
Eid al-Adha is June 17th. I’ve been getting that annual notification for many years now.
My comment was directed to the fact that you have an AOL feed - not what you are receiving on it.

And no, I have never even heard of Obama Day. I am familiar with Eid al-Adha. As you may know, it does not fall on June 16-18 every year. In fact, some years have two Eid al-Adha's (in a calendar year on the Gregorian Calendar).

The Democratic Party seems intent on allowing a certain level of leakage and amnesty abuse.

There’s one party who’s not serious about the border, and it’s not republicans.
Just a bit of reality check for you. In any government program be it democratic or republican, there’s always leakage and abuse. It seems you want to totally ignore the facts as always. The republicans killed the last two efforts at reform. So niw who isn’t serious? You’re just being stupid in support of your far right agenda.
Let’s just do what your Dear Leader wants to do and deport 11 million illegal immigrants. Do you have any idea what that will do to the US economy? I’m sure you don’t. You just seem to dislike those who don’t look or believe as you do. The CBO estimates that immigration will generate 7 trillion dollars in GDP over the next 10 years. This information come from none other than that bastion of liberal journalism Bloomberg. And I can absolutely guarantee you that if illegal immigrants from Florida were deported, the states economy would crater. No construction, no lawn care, no service workers, thousands of businesses across all industries. We live here and see it everyday. And let me tell you they work extremely hard in miserable outdoor working conditions in the summer. They don’t take jobs from Americans. That’s a stupid tired argument. There aren’t enough Americans to do the jobs and many Americans believe some of these jobs are beneath them or to hard for what they get paid. You never see corporate America complains about immigration because they love cheap labor.
An executive order would have taken care of the border 3 1/2 years ago. Besides the Homeland Secretary said the border was under control. Why all of a sudden try to pass a watered down bill. Dems attempt at a border bill was a way of saying we want border control too, which it wasn't. I work in the architectural and import building industry and there used to be a lot of black people cutting granite and quartz when I started out. Go walk into a fabrication shop now and tell me what you see. I travel a lot. Who are the people working at most of the hotels now. The economy is bad but it will eventually rebound. But illegal immigration damage is permanent. Security, health care, jobs, education. As the son of a legal immigrant I say this. We cannot handle this load. Legal immigration by merit.

An executive order would have taken care of the border 3 1/2 years ago. Besides the Homeland Secretary said the border was under control. Why all of a sudden try to pass a watered down bill. Dems attempt at a border bill was a way of saying we want border control too, which it wasn't. I work in the architectural and import building industry and there used to be a lot of black people cutting granite and quartz when I started out. Go walk into a fabrication shop now and tell me what you see. I travel a lot. Who are the people working at most of the hotels now. The economy is bad but it will eventually rebound. But illegal immigration damage is permanent. Security, health care, jobs, education. As the son of a legal immigrant I say this. We cannot handle this load. Legal immigration by merit.
If it's so simple that an executive order "would have taken care of the border 3 1/2 years ago" as you claim, then why wasn't one issued by the then-President 5 1/2, 6 1/2, or 7 1/2 years ago?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
An executive order would have taken care of the border 3 1/2 years ago.

EOs that violate current law don't stand.

I work in the architectural and import building industry and there used to be a lot of black people cutting granite and quartz when I started out. Go walk into a fabrication shop now and tell me what you see. I travel a lot. Who are the people working at most of the hotels now.

Are you assuming these people are illegals?

Reactions: cosmickid
So the illegal immigrants took those black stone cutters jobs? And why did they leave those jobs? And whose fault is it? I travel a lot and I don’t see what I assume you mean(too many brown people) at the hotels. Those have always been low paying jobs and most Americans won’t do them. But hey if you want dirty bedding and a nasty bathroom good for you. You do know that according to the CBO, immigrants will contribute more than 7 trillion dollars to GDP over the next 10 years right? So explain the permanent damage that causes. And our economy is the strongest in the world so where do you come off saying it’s bad?
I am all for legal immigration and not what we’ve had for the last 50 years. But to say the democrats attempt at a border bill was basically a political ploy is just stupid. You do know that it was a bipartisan bill. James Langford a very conservative republican senator from Oaklahoma was one of the negotiators. Agent Orange and the Republican house killed it. Same as they did during W’s administration when the gang of 8 negotiated a border deal.

Reactions: UncleMark
They could have had a border bill with HR2, but Dems played politics and wouldn't bring it up in the Senate.

If they say they had a strong border bill, they're lying.

No. You are repeating media/dem spin. It was not an incremental improvement. The bill was a disaster because it codified Biden/Harris/Mayorkas administrative view of asylum seekers and tethered future administrations to their view.
💯

• Haha
No. You are repeating media/dem spin. It was not an incremental improvement. The bill was a disaster because it codified Biden/Harris/Mayorkas administrative view of asylum seekers and tethered future administrations to their view.

Asylum is already codified law. As a lawyer I would expect that you should know that. UN treaties that were ratified (1967 protocol) and the 1980 Refugee Act

The Democratic Party seems intent on allowing a certain level of leakage and amnesty abuse.

There’s one party who’s not serious about the border, and it’s not republicans.

Immigration law is a lot more complicated than political sound bites. Like any real issue, it takes serious people to make difficult decisions. Instead we get pandering clowns and nothing ever changes. Sen Lankford wrote the most conservative immigration bill that ever had a chance to pass Congress and it was shot down like a pheasant for political posturing.

We don't deserve a country because of the terrible citizens that populate it.

Immigration law is a lot more complicated than political sound bites. Like any real issue, it takes serious people to make difficult decisions. Instead we get pandering clowns and nothing ever changes. Sen Lankford wrote the most conservative immigration bill that ever had a chance to pass Congress and it was shot down like a pheasant for political posturing.

How long have you had this self-loathing?

Come on, that bill wasn’t going to fix the problem.

• Haha
The parts where economic hardships aren't considered a reason for asylum but are the reason the majority of those crossing the border are coming here.

Which is resolved by an immigration judge. Again more clueless commentary from the peanut gallery

Reactions: cosmickid
Come on, that bill wasn’t going to fix the problem.

You don't understand the problem. Most don't. It's a legal problem that can only be solved by changing actual law. Trump didn't understand it either. That's why he failed to come up with a permanent solution. Along with Reagan, Bush, etc...Relying upon executive action isn't a solution for a serious country

Fix the laws. Take progress where you can find it. The alternative is the status quo there's been in place since the 1980s. So much dumbassery

This is like trying to make the tax code more conservative. You take wins when they are there. Don't play into the stupid games of Trump and the Great Man theory. Actually pass laws. That's how you move the ball.

Last edited:
Bigger issue... Why do so many of you have such a worry about immigration?

It's like you own a restaurant and it's too busy.

I really don't get it. People want to come here. The best capital you can ever have as a country is human capital. Would you rather be a country that people are trying to get out of?

Is every one of you that insecure that you are going to be replaced by a Venezuelan that doesn't speak English?

I'm serious. What's your real concern... Not some hyperbole

joy v anger
love v hate
hope v despair
policy v (policy, but denied)
competency v criminality
environment v (pave paradise to put up a parking lot, with a oil derrick)
democracy v autocracy
leader v cult leader
respect women v make me my damn sandwich
respect the military v. who are these chumps and losers
health care v lovin my big pharma fat cats
uplifting v denigrating
address poverty v pad every billionaire's wallet

joy v anger
love v hate
hope v despair
policy v (policy, but denied)
competency v criminality
environment v (pave paradise to put up a parking lot, with a oil derrick)
democracy v autocracy
leader v cult leader
respect women v make me my damn sandwich
respect the military v. who are these chumps and losers
health care v lovin my big pharma fat cats
uplifting v denigrating
address poverty v pad every billionaire's wallet
Don’t forget, Trump started WW3 too..

Reactions: DANC
Which is resolved by an immigration judge. Again more clueless commentary from the peanut gallery
Stop being a dick.

You don't let several million economic migrants walk across your border and then adjudicate all of those cases after the fact, knowing for a fact that 90%+ of them are economic migrants. You can go find all sorts of people doing reporting asking the people as soon as they cross, "Why are you coming here?" and getting the answer "For jobs." You are also ignoring concepts like the first safe country that would preclude many of these folks from having a claim even if they were legitimate asylum seekers.

I'm not stupid and neither are you, so stop acting like you have some higher understanding of a process we are all aware of.

I really don't get it. People want to come here. The best capital you can ever have as a country is human capital. Would you rather be a country that people are trying to get out of?

Is every one of you that insecure that you are going to be replaced by a Venezuelan that doesn't speak English?

I’d rather be a country that has legal immigration and allows in immigrants that benefits the country right now and long term. Opening the doors to 10s of millions of low skilled workers isn’t beneficial to the economy when you have the size of the federal government that we have. Venezuelans aren’t becoming doctors, teachers, nurses anytime in the near future. Economies grow when there are productivity gains. Not just extra humans.

Also, a lot of the social issues go away if we have a controlled immigration policy instead of f#cking over low skilled Americans when they have to compete against millions of more low skilled working immigrants.

Last edited:
My comment was directed to the fact that you have an AOL feed - not what you are receiving on it.

And no, I have never even heard of Obama Day. I am familiar with Eid al-Adha. As you may know, it does not fall on June 16-18 every year. In fact, some years have two Eid al-Adha's (in a calendar year on the Gregorian Calendar).
I’ve had America Online since first taking the plunge into the world of Internet computing. No one ever told me I needed to change over to something different.

I had never heard of Barack Obama Day either, until my computer brought it up. Maybe Zuckerberg did it, or someone over at Apple, if not AOL. There is a Wiki page, so it must be real.

You seem to know a lot about Eid al-Adha Day. Do you have a towel on your head, as we “speak”. I don’t ask this out of any disrespect for your beliefs, if so. I just don’t know the name of this formal headwear, but it’s knowledge I probably need since I’m seeing more of them in my neck of the woods. Those displaying these cultural headpieces are buying the gas stations and hotels in our rural based, little town. Good for you guys-smart move! Within another generation you’ll rule the community. Someone has to!

You’re contradicting yourself. In one post you’re b#tching at us because we didn’t pass a law that may have slowed down illegal immigration. And in another post your being condescending claiming you can’t understand why people are against illegal immigration. Too much whiskey last night? Pick one side.

Also, you’re not my wife. You don’t get to b#tch at me about everything. I’ll do the laundry, but I’m not folding it.

The Venezuelan not gang gangs are a problem. They have turned two nearby apartment complexes in to third world shitholes. Gunfire in broad daylight and more. I won’t let my stoker drive in that neighborhood. An old lady in a nicer car has a lot of no go zones here because of third world immigration.

Denver will have a significant sales tax increase on the ballot to pay for this self-imposed immigration problem.

Just cuz you don’t suffer the ill effects of immigration, doesn’t mean others don’t.

The third world is here. As Kamala said “we are not going back”. Neither are they.
You don't understand the problem. Most don't. It's a legal problem that can only be solved by changing actual law.
Thats naive twenty. That’s like saying we fix the carjacking problem by legalizing car jacking. Immigration is mostly an enforcement issue. The Democrats don’t like the law, don’t enforce it, and then claim we need to change it.

• Love
Reactions: stollcpa and DANC

the right went populist. just read about how conservatives used to speak about illegal immigration vs now. insane

the problems and opportunities re: immigration haven't changed but the rhetoric sure has.

populists gonna populist.

The Democrats don’t like the law, don’t enforce it, and then claim we need to change it.
To be fair, it isn't just Democrats. The large $ donor class of the GOP also supports what basically amounts to open borders as well because the cheap labor is seen as great for Corporate America and they often have the benefit of being economically isolated from the consequences of said open border.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT