ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Arms Race

Everyone slow clap for the prophet’s bibliography.
Gold Member.
Been here a while.
Lots of “participation”.
Many posts over many years = earned status/knowledge.

Rationality comes along and we be threatened. We attack it.
I’m older Edna.
I could care less.

Jesus.

You need us to know of your importance.
I get it.
Look at me.

Grow the f up.

My God the self-love.

You go stroke.

TJD was 2nd team all NBA rookie, I bet a lot of teams wish they had drafted him now. Let's wait and see on Ware but both help themselves under CMW.
Certainly could be. But we did not have the study arm where they played in Europe or Z league and then nba. One thing I bet is he made more money at IU than Z league

Gold Member.
Been here a while.
Lots of “participation”.

I’m older Edna.
I could care less.

Jesus.

I get it.
Look at me.

Grow the f up.

My God the self-love.

You go stroke.
Sorry, I don’t get it.

What is happening at IU this spring is what Bob Knight took a big stick to when he arrived in Bloomington. Love him or hate him, he knew IU’s potential for an all out buying spree of basketball players, and he put a stop to it.
First...thanks for following me, but get in line.

Second...Bob Knight changed the game for all BIG programs but there was nothing going on in Btown like we see with NIL.

Swing and a miss...stick to chanting.

Last edited:
TJD was 2nd team all NBA rookie, I bet a lot of teams wish they had drafted him now. Let's wait and see on Ware but both help themselves under CMW.
And his coach didn’t have enough confidence in him their last game of the season to keep him on the floor. I thought he was playing well in his role. I guess the coach disagreed.

Gold Member.
Been here a while.
Lots of “participation”.

I’m older Edna.
I could care less.

Jesus.

I get it.
Look at me.

Grow the f up.

My God the self-love.

You go stroke.
Who are you talking to? Click reply so everyone knows. It may not make any sense, but at least we’ll know who you’re aiming that stuff at.

And his coach didn’t have enough confidence in him their last game of the season to keep him on the floor. I thought he was playing well in his role. I guess the coach disagreed.

It was the matchup.

Kerr wanted Green on Sabonis for some reason. TJD chasing a 3 on the outside wasn't a good matchup, hence GS went small to match Sacramento.

That was on Kerr for starting TJD instead of bringing him in off the bench when Green went out.

Kerr has a horrible game.

Reactions: Willdog7
So it appears Woodies model is now building a team 1 year at a time with free agents. Do you like this model better than getting high school kids developing them and filling in a gap every other year with a portal player? I think Woodies model is for someone who thinks they have to win now and wasn't able to get high school kids that he could win with or develop and now he is in a cycle that cant end until he is replaced and the next coach gets a 4 year honeymoon.

I somewhat disagree. Woody and his staff are prioritizing players with more years of eligibility left, as seen with Rice and Carlyle.

How does everyone feel about Tom Cruise making over 100M to film Top Gun: Maverick, a film that generated over 1.5B worldwide? Tom was paid handsomely for something he enjoys doing, the film generated countless jobs, and entertained a large audience. Would the movie have been more entertaining if he didn't get paid? Perhaps instead of paying Tom 100M, the movie studio could have provided him with free acting classes at a university. Given the 1.5B the film brought in, that would be fair, right?

Listen, I get warm fuzzies when I think of players like Jordy Hulls and Anthony Leal, guys who picked IU because of their love for the university. As a fan, it allows me to more easily identify and connect with them, allowing me to share in their successes. I get it.

As an IU fan, I'm thankful for the NIL era, AND the rising price of NIL deals. In this NIL arms race, our seat at the table will likely end our 30-years of squalor.

Hard to get excited watching new kids come in every year with no association to Indiana University other than the money lining their pockets from our boosters. Lame.
BUT it's ok if the coaches and the colleges lined their pockets like they were in the past.

BUT it's ok if the coaches and the colleges lined their pockets like they were in the past.

I’m fine with players getting paid. The yearly mass transfer and building a new roster with guys who couldn’t care less about IU is what is hard to get excited about.

You still have to build culture. Kids need a reason to win beyond the check. As someone wrote above, team construction is still very important. Admittedly, Indiana has a strong starting five with capable reserves in Trey, Goode, and Cupps. You still need a reserve big, maybe a back-up four, and most importantly, the ability to play well together.

Reactions: Gage Fu
That's a bit disingenuous, I think. Coaches have the freedom to move, for sure, but I bet you could count on one hand in the last ten years the number of coaches that have coached at 3 schools in 3 years (head coaches).
Not a bit disingenuous. I was talking about excitement to have a new staff member vs a new player.

So you know what the players care about? Is it their hair, or facial expressions that led you to this conclusion? Or are you just projecting your own f**ked up morals on people you don't even know?

Not sure why you’re so emotional about this. It’s obvious what players who move around every year care about. Not one of the inbound transfers would be here if we didn’t have bags of cash for them.

Galloway, Leal, and Cups are likely the only ones who are playing for the name on the front of the jersey. If you’re too obtuse to understand this, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Not sure why you’re so emotional about this. It’s obvious what players who move around every year care about. Not one of the inbound transfers would be here if we didn’t have bags of cash for them.

Galloway, Leal, and Cups are likely the only ones who are playing for the name on the front of the jersey. If you’re too obtuse to understand this, I don’t know what else to tell you.
So the answer to TMP's last question is yes.

So it appears Woodies model is now building a team 1 year at a time with free agents. Do you like this model better than getting high school kids developing them and filling in a gap every other year with a portal player? I think Woodies model is for someone who thinks they have to win now and wasn't able to get high school kids that he could win with or develop and now he is in a cycle that cant end until he is replaced and the next coach gets a 4 year honeymoon.
This makes sense. However, we actually don’t know which model would win more. Woodson’s yearly free agents or somebody else’s actual IU students.

Hey ladies I’m back from vacation and see some of you struggling with my last comment on a free board.
Reasonableness has lost its luster it’s seems.

First I am not sad, lonely, nor an alcoholic.
I graduated from IU (twice) but that means little now as the mass has come to wash us instead of well…. You know.

Second, if you couldn’t cipher it…
(Go Jethro)
Try this— I replied directly to the “Mayor’s” myopic, self pleasuring miasma of past musings to prove himself prophetic……..I commented.
Rivals put it where it wanted to.

Lastly — I suggest the well-reasoned of us select a new mouthpiece.
Will make real conversations and cogent thought available to all without the JV attacks from his presumably second row seat. So cool.

For God’s sake— starting a thread supposing superior drinking weekends worlds and years removed? Disturbed certainly.
Lecherous?
Probably Whalen you consider the current participants.

Your world is fading Gladys.
Accept it.

You son are sad, small, and oddly beloved yet predictable if I’m allowed my own adjectives like all others here.

Yes I’m talking to you “Gilligan.”

Enjoy the summer.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Hey ladies I’m back from vacation and see some of you struggling with my last comment on a free board.

I graduated from IU (twice) but that means little now as the mass has come to wash us instead of well…. You know.

(Go Jethro)
Try this— I replied directly to the “Mayor’s” myopic, self pleasuring miasma of past musings to prove himself prophetic……..I commented.

Will make real conversations and cogent thought available to all without the JV attacks from his presumably second row seat. So cool.

For God’s sake— starting a thread supposing superior drinking weekends worlds and years removed? Disturbed certainly.
Lecherous?

Accept it.

You son are sad, small, and oddly beloved yet predictable if I’m allowed my own adjectives like all others here.

Enjoy the summer.
????????????????????????????????

This makes sense. However, we actually don’t know which model would win more. Woodson’s yearly free agents or somebody else’s actual IU students.
He is going after the HS players in the 2025 class.

Let’s see if we can put a top 10 pick out there before we say that.
Ware us border line first round and TJD was second rounder
Much more important that TJD is one of the 5 best rookies this year and started for the warriors some. He was under drafted and easily our best draft pick since OG (yes insert shot at romeo here)

Reactions: T.M.P.

(Go Jethro)

Lecherous?

Accept it.

Enjoy the summer.
Weirdo ...

Much more important that TJD is one of the 5 best rookies this year and started for the warriors some. He was under drafted and easily our best draft pick since OG (yes insert shot at romeo here)
Regardless, it’s not like IU has been UK and putting top 10 guys in the league every year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT