ADVERTISEMENT

NC State is a legit team.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
sure, the refs won't let them win, wonder how they lost so many games, in hindsight ACC was the best conference this year. having depth with the 6;8 to 6 10 guys is what it takes to go deep in the tournament and not Payton Sparks types. need the Newton Odle type of athletes who can defend and score down low. but don't demand the ball.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
sure, the refs won't let them win, wonder how they lost so many games, in hindsight ACC was the best conference this year. having depth with the 6;8 to 6 10 guys is what it takes to go deep in the tournament and not Payton Sparks types. need the Newton Odle type of athletes who can defend and score down low. but don't demand the ball.
Charles Barkley said Burns reminded him of Zach Williams. His game and actual looks remind me of Zach if Zach was heavier.

I bet Payton Sparks has a good year at BSU next season. He was not utilized properly.

I believe Barkley said he reminded him of Zach Randolph, who was from Marion, IN and played for Izzo at MSU.
a combo of randolph and tractor traylor is the way i'd describe it, maybe a little ric mahorn too. he's fun to watch!

I bet Payton Sparks has a good year at BSU next season. He was not utilized properly.
What do you think “properly” is for Sparks? And do you think using him “properly” at IU would have made him a valuable asset.

At most, I think he could be a defensive banger for 5-10 minutes at IU. He should NEVER get the ball in the post, only go for offensive rebounds and putbacks. He has no offensive skillset and bad hands. Pretty bad combo.

Reactions: smitty3725
He does. But we all know Burns will get 3 quick ticky-tack fouls and it’ll be an Edey ft shooting marathon.
Not as likely to get fouls playing for position as contesting the shot - beat him down the court and stand your ground. I don't know if Burns plays this way, but he has the bulk and footspeed to give Edey trouble.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I like Burns against Edey. It's all about positioning with Edey (Ware let him get the ball where he wanted). Burns has the bulk to keep Edey off balance.
Burns can’t jump. Edey will block his shot all night

3 weeks ago NCSt was 17-14, a 10 seed in the ACC tourney and were losing to Louisville at halftime in the first game of the ACCT. Keats was looking at being fired. What a crazy run.
When the odds get Beatin the chicken fingers get eatin baby.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02
Not as likely to get fouls playing for position as contesting the shot - beat him down the court and stand your ground. I don't know if Burns plays this way, but he has the bulk and footspeed to give Edey trouble.
Burns has terrific footwork around the basket, but isn't very fleet of foot getting downcourt. He and Edey would be a good race, and I might give the nod to Edey. Beating Edey downcourt would be a terrific help and accomplishment. I'm guessing Burns will have 2 fouls in the first five and be fighting foul trouble all game.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Yes they are but the refs will take care of them vs purdue. They will make sure burns is in the bench three minutes into the game.

Burns has terrific footwork around the basket, but isn't very fleet of foot getting downcourt. He and Edey would be a good race, and I might give the nod to Edey.
might give the Nod??? It isn’t close. The best part about watching NC state is right before the media TOs. Burns makes it down for offense about 1/2 the time. The camera just pans him out. It’s awesome.

might give the Nod??? It isn’t close. The best part about watching NC state is right before the media TOs. Burns makes it down for offense about 1/2 the time. The camera just pans him out. It’s awesome.
well, even though improved, Edey's not that fleet of foot either. I only gave him the nod because his stride is so much longer so he's taking about 30% fewer steps.

If they want a good NIL payday, they could set up a pay per view race downcourt between Edey and Burns before the game.I'd pay to watch it.

What do you think “properly” is for Sparks? And do you think using him “properly” at IU would have made him a valuable asset.

At most, I think he could be a defensive banger for 5-10 minutes at IU. He should NEVER get the ball in the post, only go for offensive rebounds and putbacks. He has no offensive skillset and bad hands. Pretty bad combo.
It astounded me how he could not even get the ball up to the rim at times. With his body, you wouldn't think that be a problem, then he would miss both FTs.

well, even though improved, Edey's not that fleet of foot either. I only gave him the nod because his stride is so much longer so he's taking about 30% fewer steps.

If they want a good NIL payday, they could set up a pay per view race downcourt between Edey and Burns before the game.I'd pay to watch it.
Throw Bilas in there and he can ask them questions on the way down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT