ADVERTISEMENT

everyone is talking about the low points post RMK what about the high points for each coach

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
Davis, obviously the championship run. but after that I still wasn't convinced, he was the man and he proved me right, once he took control with his own players the decline was pretty steady, and it was obvious he was over his head.

Sampson, we beat the living shit out of UK in the hall and Gordon even sat out the game due to injury, the Jordans better chant were ringing in the hall that day, at that point I thought the program was back, he seemed to be recruiting big time talent and was obviously a more than capable tactician. with his coaching and the type of player he would be able to recruit to IU the future looked bright. then the phone calls and the self-reporting.

Dackich, he sucked from the beginning, no high points with that asshole then he unnecessarily blew the program up. the loss to Minnesota in the big 10 tournament thankfully put an end to that prick.

Crean, when he took over there wasn't a portal for a quick fix, we had probation to deal with so his 1st couple of years were understandable. the year we dominated a pretty good UNC team in the Big/ACC challenge. I thought once again we are back; he plays a style that should attract. top talent and although I never seen him as a great coach. I assumed he would get the players to keep us top 15 relevant year after year. he did that for a few more years then the wheels came off and recruiting dried up.. really not sure where it all came apart for him but when it did it was over.

Archie, remember watching the last full game played before the covid shutdown, we were a 11 seed but the Big was deep that year, we had to beat a depleted Nebraska team in Indy to get off the bubble. and we kicked their ass, then covid, so I guess that was his high point he actually had that team playing really good down the stretch often wonder how that season would have turned out. and what his future might have been. then the next year I witnessed him getting booed off the court at Lucas Oil and his tenure was obviously over .

Woodson never was sold on him but the 2 road wins at Illinois and Purdue last year at least gave me pause and thought maybe the admin was right in hiring him. after watching this season and with the 1st roster he built its painfully obvious he's over his head.

?????? , Hope the hell they get it right.

Six coaches in what, 20 years? The way CW has built this team is not destined for long term success, but neither is changing coaches every 3-5 years.

Six coaches in what, 20 years? The way CW has built this team is not destined for long term success, but neither is changing coaches every 3-5 years.
Yeah 6 coaches and the previous 5 have all been fired-or resigned under pressure in Davis’s case.

I don’t understand why people think we were making the tournament in 2020 with Archie. We lost 3 of the last 4 in the Big Ten. Then we beat a bad Nebraska team in the BTT with a coach suffering from the flu on the bench. We got to 20 wins which really doesn’t mean much when you go 9-11 in conference play.

For Woody, the only bright spot aside from a few PU wins is he helped fix our schedule, which is now great — lots of tough games vs good schools. I know we get killed in these games, but we may as well try to beat good teams (or why have a bball program) vs piling up pointless wins vs cupcakes like in the Crean and Archie years. If we get good again someday it will be nice to play this better schedule.

I don’t understand why people think we were making the tournament in 2020 with Archie. We lost 3 of the last 4 in the Big Ten. Then we beat a bad Nebraska team in the BTT with a coach suffering from the flu on the bench. We got to 20 wins which really doesn’t mean much when you go 9-11 in conference play.
Bracket Matrix (which is an average of bracketology projections) had us as a 10 seed.

That year we finished 34th in KenPom. Last year we were 30th.

Note: I’m not saying that we were good that year. However, last year was the high point of the Woodson era. 2020 was the high point of the Miller era. Unfortunately those two seasons are more similar than many want to see.

It’s likely that we make the tournament in 2020. Even had we been smoked in the first round, would there really be such a vast difference between the results of the 2 coaches?

Bracket Matrix (which is an average of bracketology projections) had us as a 10 seed.

That year we finished 34th in KenPom. Last year we were 30th.

Note: I’m not saying that we were good that year. However, last year was the high point of the Woodson era. 2020 was the high point of the Miller era. Unfortunately those two seasons are more similar than many want to see.

It’s likely that we make the tournament in 2020. Even had we been smoked in the first round, would there really be such a vast difference between the results of the 2 coaches?
you never know what that team would have done. as far as the difference in Woody and Archie I see very little Woodson inherited a pretty good roster, Archie seemed to have lost the locker room and the fan base, so he had to go.

Reactions: .Gerdis
you never know what that team would have done. as far as the difference in Woody and Archie I see very little Woodson inherited a pretty good roster, Archie seemed to have lost the locker room and the fan base, so he had to go.
No doubt. Any team that loses 12 of 13 has quit. Miller definitely seemed to have lost the locker room and the fan base.

So far MW’s teams have shown some resilience (at least in avoiding a long losing streak), but we’ll see if that continues. This season imho the team isn’t quite as together as in the TJD seasons (which had a veteran group).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT