ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody talking about X?

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
It would have been a strange outing for anyone but X.

15 minutes....first 5, pretty darn good. Last 10, yikes.

Overall 2 for 3 from the field, 5 points. 1 rebound. 1 assist, 5 TOs.

Looked like he got pissed off that Hepburn started making plays and/or was trying to 1 up him.

One thing about X......when he starts going south in a particular game, it's generally over. It seems like he rarely turns it around within a game and gets back to being good X.

Even Woodson knew better than to put him back in.

Looked like he got pissed off that Hepburn started making plays and/or was trying to 1 up him.

One thing about X......when he starts going south in a particular game, it's generally over. It seems like he rarely turns it around within a game and gets back to being good X.

One thing I've wondered about X.....he loves to play basketball so much you know he'll continue to do so after college.....if not in some type of pro or semi-pro league, on the playgrounds. How would you like to play with or against the guy in some sort of unstructured situation?

All-in-all, he might have an 'interesting' life after college basketball.

I don't think there is such a thing as good or bad X anymore. It's just X. Unfortunately, what he most often does reflects his play last night. Admittedly, I do not pay for Peacock so I do not watch it. But, looking at box score and reading the comments, it sounds like last nights performance was his typical.

One thing that may be overlooked is that we had another decent athletic guard rotating in to give others a breather. It seemed that Cupps and Galloway were able to stay a little fresher for the duration of the game and it give them a little boost even in spite of his TO's.

What could it have been like if Alan Henderson didn't hurt his knee? If Scott May didn't break his arm?

There is a difference between recognizing bad fortune and using it as an excuse for not making the best of the hand you are dealt.
Hand you are dealt? Woodson dealt the freaking hand! Remember that experienced guard sitting on the bench that didn’t play at all this season? Oh that’s right, Woodson and his merry men decided to leave an open scholly instead. Cry me a freaking river about X not playing much!

I was thinking this way too. But then I thought, "winning is better than losing". So I took the win and enjoyed it.
Hard to enjoy a 4 point win at home against a team falling apart to improve to a horrible 15-13 on the season.

All of this while the coach makes one excuse after another rather than taking an ounce of responsibility.

It's just another dead season for an already dead program.

Reactions: CriticArisen
16-18 with X
12-11 without X
Last 3 years at Iu
And he was awful at Pittsburgh..
A former interim coach at IU made a point I actually thought was very good. You bring Johnson and Copp to IU. What were their records at their former schools? At Pitt and NW their records were very poor. So why bring guys in from losing programs to your school? Go out and get guys in the portal who won.

Hard to enjoy a 4 point win at home against a team falling apart to improve to a horrible 15-13 on the season.

All of this while the coach makes one excuse after another rather than taking an ounce of responsibility.

It's unfortunately a dead season and a dead program at this point until something changes.
I did make a point in jest. If we won out in the B1G Tourney and then ran the table for the NCAAs we would be National Champions. lol I get your point. It is a rough season.

Hand you are dealt? Woodson dealt the freaking hand! Remember that experienced guard sitting on the bench that didn’t play at all this season? Oh that’s right, Woodson and his merry men decided to leave an open scholly instead. Cry me a freaking river about X not playing much!
Yeah that's all true but we're still in a tougher spot being down a guard most of the season compared to not. That would be the case if we had a full roster. There are like 4 guards among the walk-ons but evidently none are capable enough to play (I think at least one may be or was hurt, also).

A former interim coach at IU made a point I actually thought was very good. You bring Johnson and Copp to IU. What were their records at their former schools? At Pitt and NW their records were very poor. So why bring guys in from losing programs to your school? Go out and get guys in the portal who won.
Anthony Walker went to a final 4 last year, and he's nearly useless.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
One thing that may be overlooked is that we had another decent athletic guard rotating in to give others a breather. It seemed that Cupps and Galloway were able to stay a little fresher for the duration of the game and it give them a little boost even in spite of his TO's.
There is no doubt about this. Sucks that we didn’t have Newton to add to the rotation

Reactions: 82IU
He’s on Woody’s mind.

Concerning excuse.
I’ll just keep posting this until someone that knows or talks to Woody sees it and relays the message…

We have a losing record in conference with X leading the pack, along with getting shellacked by UConn and struggling with FGCU, Army, Wright State and Morehead St. in non-conf. We won those 4 games by a combined 24 points. As Ulrey pointed out above - we win more games overall without X, but Woody doesn’t do the numbers thing remember? 🤷‍♂️

I’ll just keep posting this until someone that knows or talks to Woody sees it and relays the message…

We have a losing record in conference with X leading the pack, along with getting shellacked by UConn and struggling with FGCU, Army, Wright State and Morehead St. in non-conf. We won those 4 games by a combined 24 points. As Ulrey pointed out above - we win more games overall without X, but Woody doesn’t do the numbers thing remember? 🤷‍♂️
X just needed a bigger NIL deal

What could it have been like if Alan Henderson didn't hurt his knee? If Scott May didn't break his arm?

There is a difference between recognizing bad fortune and using it as an excuse for not making the best of the hand you are dealt.
Not to mention the fact that X has kinda stunk when he has played. I don't want to hear that he needs time to get the rust worked out either because the kid has been playing college ball for over 5 years and should know how the hell to play by now.

Not to mention the fact that X has kinda stunk when he has played. I don't want to hear that he needs time to get the rust worked out either because the kid has been playing college ball for over 5 years and should know how the hell to play by now.
He’s young and just needs to get over the hump

X has missed so much time this year I don't know why anyone would expect him to be in mid-season form in his first game back. Seems obvious he's trying too hard.

Shouldn't be in the position they are in being so short handed on guards

Reactions: baileyiu
He's far smarter than you are. Self awareness get you some.
Really? If Woody isn't the one millionth example of how the business world isn't a meritocracy and is heavily influenced by nepotism, I'm not sure what is. It's one thing not to perform, it's another not to perform and make excuses in lieu of obvious data to the contrary. As has been mentioned on sports radio many times, he needs media coaching. He was contrite and self reflective after the last loss but hangs on for a win after leading by 15 and goes back to fallacy #1 that healthy X would have significantly affected this year's outcome. Next year is going to suck because this win probably saved his job.

Reactions: jet812

When you lose 365 games in the NBA you become well acquainted with excuses.

Reactions: demunn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT