ADVERTISEMENT

Nancy Wouldn't Allow Their Names To Be Read On the House Floor

What's with the "even" NPR? Every media analysis has their coverage at ot near the top in accuracy and not far froma right/left center balance. Only the BBC is consistently better. And shame on Nancy....

We'll see if Boebert can figure out how to introduce a bill.
Step 1:

324cc0c9-1f8e-4d6e-95e9-d294bd7cec73.jpg

Comparing Bobert's face & neck vs. her hands, I think she is using Trump's orange bronzer.

Unfortunately, the likes of 76 will be singing this song until kingdom come. Maybe even after that.
I was speaking in jest, obviously the Afghanistan news cycle shouldn't be squeezed out by trivial things like Covid or abortion (exciting!), or infrastructure, it's far too important. But alas, it will be.

Reactions: meridian
Well, you'll be relieved to know that Lauren Boebert is going to introduce a bill to impeach Biden, Harris, and Pelosi. No word on if she plans to reinstate Trump, though.

https://www.newsweek.com/lauren-boe...ident-biden-harris-pelosi-afghanistan-1624896
That is stupid.... as stupid as the Democrats trying to impeach Trump. Why waste time (which both sides are really good at) on something just for political gains (supposedly). I hope it backfires on her as well as the ones pushing for Trump's impeachment.

Because they would be doing the same low handed shit you are doing. Sensationalizing those lives lost for political theatre.
You cried and whined in the other thread that was started solely to honor the 13 dead, to the point where someone had to delete your comment, and now you cry and whine in this one.

Is there any way at all to honor these people that won’t trigger you?

What the f**k is wrong with you?

Nancy Wouldn't Allow Their Names To Be Read On the House Floor​

Did she say why?
Not that there could possibly be a good reason.

You cried and whined in the other thread that was started solely to honor the 13 dead, to the point where someone had to delete your comment, and now you cry and whine in this one.

Is it normal ceremony to do this during session in the house or Congress?

How about we lower all flags half staff, we have a moment of silence at ball games or at a certain time across the country...things like that tend to be the effective sop and it involves the entire country.

I doubt anyone is going to object to that.

Doing it in the house during session...well you're setting some precedent like marching all of the capitol police in and having every senator salute them in person for Jan 6th or whatnot...there is an endless list of ceremonial things that someone will get pissed at if we don't honor.

But to TMP's point....everybody here know's 76's and other's intent here (hint: it's not to truly honor those that served and lost their lives here). He's just parroting right wing media who's desperately trying to frame this the worst thing to ever happen in the history of out military, while never ever saying a goddamn thing about the lives lost before or about the disastrous and impulsive pull out of Syria, or about the horrendous deal made with the Taliban to free the 5000 prisoners in exchange for a promise, effectively undermining critical leverage that would have been nice to have as we try to get everyone out.

Nor do I remember anything being said when the same lawmakers of the 'freedom' something just voted against the Allies Act, which passed in late July and made it much easier for afgan interpreters to get Visas to get out safely, but now those same lawmakers are clutching their pearls and screaming, oh my God we HAVE to get them out or it is a monumental failure of this administration!!!!

There's always been and always will be a flavor of political hypocrisy but it's blatantly thick here.

So the reactions tend to be eye rolls.

How about we lower all flags half staff, we have a moment of silence at ball games or at a certain time across the country...things like that tend to be the effective sop and it involves the entire country.

Doing it in the house during session...well you're setting some precedent like marching all of the capitol police in and having every senator salute them in person for Jan 6th or whatnot...there is an endless list of ceremonial things that someone will get pissed at if we don't honor.

But to TMP's point....everybody here know's 76's and other's intent here (hint: it's not to truly honor those that served and lost their lives here). He's just parroting right wing media who's desperately trying to frame this the worst thing to ever happen in the history of out military, while never ever saying a goddamn thing about the lives lost before or about the disastrous and impulsive pull out of Syria, or about the horrendous deal made with the Taliban to free the 5000 prisoners in exchange for a promise, effectively undermining critical leverage that would have been nice to have as we try to get everyone out.

Nor do I remember anything being said when the same lawmakers of the 'freedom' something just voted against the Allies Act, which passed in late July and made it much easier for afgan interpreters to get Visas to get out safely, but now those same lawmakers are clutching their pearls and screaming, oh my God we HAVE to get them out or it is a monumental failure of this administration!!!!

There's always been and always will be a flavor of political hypocrisy but it's blatantly thick here.

He did the same thing when 76 posted a story honoring the 13 dead, with no other comment.

His comment was bad enough that someone saw fit to delete it.

Nah, I’ll continue to call out bullshit wherever I see it. Thanks for your concern, though.
You suggest that “democrats,” etc. do not care about the heros that made the ultimate sacrifice, and then use that as some kind of twisted political leverage on a message board? You think in your head you’re calling out bullshit? Clown

Fella you have no idea of my intent so don't pretend you do...

I usually wouldn't bother for the likes of you but just this once I'll explain my "trigger" for this post (which should have been evident to all but a DNC hack)...

It was simple: I was extremely upset upon reading that Pelosi had refused to allow their names to be read on the floor so I posted this knowing that this particular site has a broad readership... One of the best articles that presented the Fallen respectfully was the one that I linked... Period.

Nothing Machiavellian involved... That..., even I would admit..., would be out of my depth (a man has to know his limitations)...

Reactions: Crayfish57
You suggest that “democrats,” etc. do not care about the heros that made the ultimate sacrifice, and then use that as some kind of twisted political leverage on a message board? You think in your head you’re calling out bullshit? Clown
What in Gods holy name are you babbling about? Show me one place where I mentioned Democrats.

I simply responded to a pretty despicable post by an even more despicable poster.

If you can’t follow along with what’s actually happening, you probably shouldn’t try to participate.

Moron.

Fella you have no idea of my intent so don't pretend you do...

I usually wouldn't bother for the likes of you but just this once I'll explain my "trigger" for this post (which should have been evident to all but a DNC hack)...

It was simple: I was extremely upset upon reading that Pelosi had refused to allow their names to be read on the floor so I posted this knowing that this particular site has a broad readership... One of the best articles that presented the Fallen respectfully was the one that I linked... Period.

Nothing Machiavellian involved... That..., even I would admit..., would be out of my depth (a man has to know his limitations)...
You didn't even post a link, just your assertion. Is it customary for war dead's names to be read on the House floor or not? Pretty simple question...

So is it your belief that the names of all war dead should be read on the House floor? And are you somehow claiming that Pelosi favored that policy when the war dead were Trump's responsibility, but now is refusing to do so because it's under Biden?

The Afghan war has gone on for 20+ yrs, and 4 Administrations? Is this a policy that has been in place for all of the dead of that war, for the past 20 yrs?

If it has, then she is likely out of line, esp if it was done in previous Administrations when she was House Speaker and represented the opposition. If not then it's inexcusable political pandering, and bringing it up now exposes you as a hypocrite...

The 13 American soldiers killed recently when added to the American service members killed in Afghanistan through April: 2,448. makes the total 2,461. In addition
3,846 U.S. contractors have been killed according to this report .

What makes these last 13 killed different is the feeling among many that their deaths were unnecessary. Unnecessary in the minds of many because the Biden administration botched up the evacuation.

I would suspect a good many Americans take the position that all the deaths of Americans and others during the war were unnecessary.

i bring all this up so that we don't forget all the others beside the latest 13 who made the ultimate sacrifice in the longest war in American history.

The 13 American soldiers killed recently when added to the American service members killed in Afghanistan through April: 2,448. makes the total 2,461. In addition
3,846 U.S. contractors have been killed according to this report .

What makes these last 13 killed different is the feeling among many that their deaths were unnecessary. Unnecessary in the minds of many because the Biden administration botched up the evacuation.

I would suspect a good many Americans take the position that all the deaths of Americans and others during the war were unnecessary.

i bring all this up so that we don't forget all the others beside the latest 13 who made the ultimate sacrifice in the longest war in American history.
always getting to the germane part hoot.

He hates white people, he hates the US and he has an incel problem.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT