ADVERTISEMENT

More pointless gun violence

There is already a fb support page for these “Christian, God fearing” men.
Yeah, a group changed its name from "Christians Against Google". I'd hate to be dumped inside of their heads trying to get out while armed only with reason and logic . . . .

If you watch the video, Lucy, he was running in the neighborhood street and the gunmen were waiting in the street for him . . . essentially they all-but-ambushed him.
Did he live in that neighborhood?
Does Georgia have a stand your ground law?
There’s more to this story!

The guy shooting the video is under investigation, as I understand it. Whether he has the formal status of "suspect" I don't know. Part of that equation is whether the guy shooting the video cooperated with local officials . . .

. . . the fact that this question is being raised might imply that the guy shooting the video was along for a joy ride in connection with the guys with the guns, but in a different vehicle. If that's the case, then you might have a situation where the three of them conspired to do some vigilantism, video it, and get some looks and likes when they post it on a channel that caters to such stuff . . .

. . . ugh.

I wonder if in their own twisted way, they thought the video would protect them in some manner around a citizen's arrest and it turned out differently than they expected. We are fortunate that he did not erase the vid. Either way IMO he is at least connected to the vigilante justice aspect if not the murder. It will be interesting to follow.

Meanwhile, also in Georgia, former NBA guard Shannon Brown was arrested for shooting a rifle at two people who he mistakenly thought were breaking into his house. No one was killed. There isn't any video evidence. My guess is that he'll likely do time for this.

Did he live in that neighborhood?
Does Georgia have a stand your ground law?
There’s more to this story!

Dude they straight up hunted this guy down and blew his guts out.

Even if he had just burgled their home, what they did was still murder.

In your opinion, should Brown do time for that?
Assuming he actually thought there were people breaking into his house, no I don’t.

I feel like if you replace “Shannon Brown” with someone like “Reece Witherspoon” this story would be a light-hearted punchline.

Dude they straight up hunted this guy down and blew his guts out.

Even if he had just burgled their home, what they did was still murder.
I think just might be a correct analysis under Georgia law.

The only question I have regarding that is understanding where Brown was when he took the shot(s). If he was in his house and legitimately feared for his life, then maybe a stand your ground defense would apply. I don't know enough about the facts though to advise . . . .

I think just might be a correct analysis under Georgia law.

The only question I have regarding that is understanding where Brown was when he took the shot(s). If he was in his house and legitimately feared for his life, then maybe a stand your ground defense would apply. I don't know enough about the facts though to advise . . . .

Stand your ground doesn’t apply if you actively seek someone out as is clearly visible in the video.

What they did was tantamount to shooting him in the back

Stand your ground doesn’t apply if you actively seek someone out as is clearly visible in the video.

I think he was referring to the Shannon Brown story.

Yeah, I agree with regards to the Arbery shooting.

That said, in the post you're responding to I was talking about Brown shooting a long gun at folks he thought was breaking into his house. I wasn't talking about the Arbery shooting.

There are a couple of tidbits in the article linked below that add a little detail to the discussion about the Arbery shooting. (1) The retired police officer had arrested Arbery for shoplifting in 2018, so he knew the deceased, and (2) the retired police officer had worked as an investigator for the two DAs who didn't file charges. BTW the current prosecutor handling the case is the 3rd. The first refused to authorize an arrest because of the past prosecutor/investigator relationship she had with the retired cop. The second said he didn't find probable cause, and then recused himself because he too had worked with the retired police officer. The third prosecutor asked for help from the GBI to determine whether probable cause existed for arresting the two guys who followed Arbery, and then ended up shooting Arbery. The GBI had little trouble finding more than enough probable cause to arrest these guys.

The current prosecutor says that he'll submit the facts to a grand jury . . . who knows when a grand jury will be convened with the pandemic.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/watc...hmaud-arbery-shooting/1aJbZe2uL9HrndjyWYjB2L/

So, then your answer to Lucy’s “Yes or No” question is 8?

You seem a little defensive. These are stressful times, so it’s understandable.
lol I'm not stressed. News said he lived 8 miles away. U ok? So you're telling me how I should answer questions?

lol I'm not stressed. News said he lived 8 miles away. U ok? So you're telling me how I should answer questions?

Where did I tell you anything? I asked. That's what those squiggly punctuation marks at the end of sentences mean.
Try to get outside today. I hear it can be an effective response to cabin fever.

I just want to run over these facts really quick, which no one disputes, even the guys who are now defendants:

1. The deceased was jogging/running through a neighborhood.
2. The accused determined that he looked like a suspect in recent crimes.
3. The accused took it upon themselves to arm themselves and chase this man.
4. When they caught up to him, a struggle ensued.
5. The man was shot and killed.

They shouldn't have needed the video to be released. That story alone is justification for murder charges. Even the facts agreed to by the killers' most ardent defenders can only lead to the conclusion that this was a murder.

It's reprehensible that the release of the video was required to get the authorities to do anything about this.
Turns out there may have been a reason it took a video to get action on this case...

Is Trayce Jackson Davis "black" or "white" and which race would he be counted as if he were included in that study?
So you’re going to use one isolated example to refute thousands of points of data?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT