ADVERTISEMENT

More pointless gun violence

That’s pretty clearly murder.

I think you are 100% correct. But it is strange to me that they have made no arrests but are referring it to a grand jury. That doesn't seem like a normal murder case. Hopefully the grand jury comes to the obviously correct decision.

I think you are 100% correct. But it is strange to me that they have made no arrests but are referring it to a grand jury. That doesn't seem like a normal murder case. Hopefully the grand jury comes to the obviously correct decision.
True. I hope they didn’t have access to the video from the start. That’s the only reason I can think of why these two morons aren’t already in jail.

This quote from a Washington Post article explains why a grand jury:

Jackie Johnson, the district attorney for Glynn County, recused herself from the case because Gregory McMichael worked as an investigator in her office. He retired a year ago.

In Oklahoma a couple McDonalds workers were shot when they told customers they could not eat in the store.

When do we see a situation that even remotely resembles this one? We don't see black vigilantes going after white people.
And then yesterday a young man in Indianapolis was shot by police after a chase. That's led to some early protests (and maybe worse if reports are accurate that a separate police shooting last night stemmed from an ambush effort). I understand the skepticism with any police shooting these days (even if too often undeserved). But from what little I've read, and without saying bad things about the deceased or what he had going on, it doesn't seem like this is an egregious misuse of police force given the circumstances. Maybe better said, the facts as I understand them don't back up the criticism of the police, but I suppose we'll see.

And then yesterday a young man in Indianapolis was shot by police after a chase. That's led to some early protests (and maybe worse if reports are accurate that a separate police shooting last night stemmed from an ambush effort). I understand the skepticism with any police shooting these days (even if too often undeserved). But from what little I've read, and without saying bad things about the deceased or what he had going on, it doesn't seem like this is an egregious misuse of police force given the circumstances. Maybe better said, the facts as I understand them don't back up the criticism of the police, but I suppose we'll see.

When have facts ever mattered when emotion is involved?

Maybe he should not have run!

Are you talking about the guy in Georgia?

I don’t know the whole story but those weren’t uniformed police officers he was running from. Why wouldn’t he run from a bunch of white guys in a pickup truck?

When do we see a situation that even remotely resembles this one? We don't see black vigilantes going after white people.

I've never really understood this logic. Don't African-Americans commit around 55% of the homicides in this country while only representing 12% of the population? Aren't 93% of the murders of black people committed by other black people?

https://www.creators.com/read/pat-buchanan/07/13/black-america-s-real-problem-isn-t-white-racism

Seems like white people are much more likely to be murdered by a black person than a black person is to be by a white person. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

"After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.""

Last edited:
I've never really understood this logic. Don't African-Americans commit around 55% of the homicides in this country while only representing 12% of the population? Aren't 93% of the murders of black people committed by other black people?

https://www.creators.com/read/pat-buchanan/07/13/black-america-s-real-problem-isn-t-white-racism

Seems like white people are much more likely to be murdered by a black person than a black person is to be by a white person. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

"After researching the FBI numbers for "Suicide of a Superpower," this writer concluded: "An analysis of 'single offender victimization figures' from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.""

Is Trayce Jackson Davis "black" or "white" and which race would he be counted as if he were included in that study?

I don’t know the whole story but those weren’t uniformed police officers he was running from. Why wouldn’t he run from a bunch of white guys in a pickup truck?
The way I understand it he wasn't running from anyone. If the reports I'm seeing are accurate, he was merely out on a run.

The way I understand it he wasn't running from anyone. If the reports I'm seeing are accurate, he was merely out on a run.

But this happened 3 months ago right? And it's just now being sent to a grand jury? Either we have the most incompetent prosecution ever or there's a lot more to the story than we currently know I would think.

Yes the man in Georgia!

There is a lot of the story missing from that video clip. At minimum, how there was no arrest made at the scene is mind-boggling. At worst, if the prevailing narrative turns out to be true, the shooters should be hanged by the neck in the public square until they are dead.

Unfortunately stupidity is a human affliction that effects us all.
But this happened 3 months ago right? And it's just now being sent to a grand jury? Either we have the most incompetent prosecution ever or there's a lot more to the story than we currently know I would think.

In the Georgia case, it sounds like the good old boys network was slow walking arresting a former cop and guy who worked for the DA's office in some capacity. They straight up murdered that guy and should have been locked up awhile ago.

In the more recent Indy example, I have watched the video and the guy did have a gun with him in his car, appeared to have one in his waist when he got out running, and had shells flying around him during the shooting. So either the cops were really close to him when they were shooting or he was shooting at then as well.

Kind of 2 different scenarios. I think the one in Georgia should be cut and dried from what I saw. I would definitely vote to convict the guy with the shotgun for murder and the guy in the bed of the truck was an accessory to that at the very least.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I just want to run over these facts really quick, which no one disputes, even the guys who are now defendants:

1. The deceased was jogging/running through a neighborhood.
2. The accused determined that he looked like a suspect in recent crimes.
3. The accused took it upon themselves to arm themselves and chase this man.
4. When they caught up to him, a struggle ensued.
5. The man was shot and killed.

They shouldn't have needed the video to be released. That story alone is justification for murder charges. Even the facts agreed to by the killers' most ardent defenders can only lead to the conclusion that this was a murder.

It's reprehensible that the release of the video was required to get the authorities to do anything about this.

I just want to run over these facts really quick, which no one disputes, even the guys who are now defendants:

1. The deceased was jogging/running through a neighborhood.
2. The accused determined that he looked like a suspect in recent crimes.
3. The accused took it upon themselves to arm themselves and chase this man.
4. When they caught up to him, a struggle ensued.
5. The man was shot and killed.

They shouldn't have needed the video to be released. That story alone is justification for murder charges. Even the facts agreed to by the killers' most ardent defenders can only lead to the conclusion that this was a murder.

It's reprehensible that the release of the video was required to get the authorities to do anything about this.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm anticipating the other far-right shoe to drop where 'details' come out where a random second cousin of Arbery's reveals that he liked a rap song with violent lyrics when he was 12 or one of the people living in the neighborhood felt threatened by him last Flag Day or some other BS like that.

Then Tucker Carlsen will have that stupid aloof look on his face as a guest on his show tells all the Fox New viewers that no one really knows what happened in this case and all the bleeding heart liberals were quick to jump to this guy's defense when they didn't really know everything there was to know about him. Then they'll raise a half a million on GoFundMe for these racist murders because...well, I don't know why they'd do something batsh!t crazy like that. But it wouldn't surprise me.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm anticipating the other far-right shoe to drop where 'details' come out where a random second cousin of Arbery's reveals that he liked a rap song with violent lyrics when he was 12 or one of the people living in the neighborhood felt threatened by him last Flag Day or some other BS like that.

Then Tucker Carlsen will have that stupid aloof look on his face as a guest on his show tells all the Fox New viewers that no one really knows what happened in this case and all the bleeding heart liberals were quick to jump to this guy's defense when they didn't really know everything there was to know about him. Then they'll raise a half a million on GoFundMe for these racist murders because...well, I don't know why they'd do something batsh!t crazy like that. But it wouldn't surprise me.
Oh i'm sure thats about to happen. We already see Hoosier_Hacks stupid response in this thread.

Locals passed it to the state, and the state has arrested them on murder and assault charges.

https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2020-05-06/ahmaud-arbery-death-investigation
It should be noted that the GBI's investigation is on-going. The state investigators received it on May 5, and two arrests were made the next 36 hours later. There may be more arrests, depending on the results of further investigation. During a press conference this morning, the state police spokesperson said that (1) the investigation done by the locals was competent, but not fully complete when it was turned over to them, (2) state investigators completed the investigation as to the arrested men on May 6, (3) he would not comment otherwise on the competence/speed of the local investigation or prosecutor's strategy regarding the case.

What's hard to fathom is that the two guys arrested took it upon themselves to (a) arm themselves, (b) drive through the neighborhood seeking to protect the neighborhood from further burglaries, (c) determine that the deceased - while jogging in the neighborhood - "looked like" a suspect in the burglaries, (d) determine that they had a right to make a citizens arrest of the deceased, (e) try to stop the deceased using armed force, and (f) determine on the spot that they had a "self-defense" privilege when they were the aggressors towards the deceased.

I get the sense that this is a former cop who believed he still had the privileges that the badge afforded to him, and that those privileges extended through him to his son. Rockport Zebra used to talk about how the US has turned into a police state . . . to me this seems to be an unintended consequence of that development . . . .

Last edited:
I don't understand the delay here...what were the initial beliefs of GA authorities that lead to doing "nothing" for this long.

That's a question that is being asked in Atlanta. One issue that's come up in the conversation is that local prosecutors have worked with one of the defendants before because he was a local police officer for a while, and that may have created sensitivities around conflicts of interest for them. If that's the case, then the call to the GBI probably should have been made ages ago . . . . On the other hand, there is a coronavirus pandemic to deal with here . . . Georgia has had its share of hot spots and no one wants to be the genesis of the next one . . . .

The GBI director - a former police officer, criminal defense attorney, prosecutor and one-time head of Georgia's anti-gang task force - said today that the question you asked is not part of the GBI investigation . . . the GBI is conducting a murder investigation only. I know the head of the GBI . . . he was a local attorney for a long time here. He's a sharp guy . . . I disagree with his politics, but I don't doubt his integrity or his sincerity.

For the record, GA state law provides that the GBI can get involved in a local investigation only when requested by local authorities. That happened on Tuesday night about 9:30 pm. Here's the timeline for GBI involvement:

Tues 9:30 p.m: GBI is requested to investigate.

Wed. AM: Agents started going through the case file.

Wed. around 5 p.m: Agents established probable cause for arrest.

Wed. around 6 p.m.: Arrest warrants secured.

20-and-a-half hours to investigate a case and obtain arrest warrants is pretty good. Plus the guys are under arrest today. That tells me that the case was fairly well developed by local investigators before the referral to the GBI. The video that surfaced just in the last week or so probably sealed the decision to arrest. The GBI director said that the video played a role in determining probable cause . . . and that he didn't know whether probable cause would be found without it.

One important question is whether the feds will open an investigation into the killing and the local authorities' response. I'm gonna guess that the state Attorney General and Governor are already in contact about whether to conduct an investigation into local authorities' lack of action. Governor Kemp is saying the right things, at least regarding the murder investigation:

“Earlier this week, I watched a video depicting Mr. Arbery’s last moments alive. It is absolutely horrific, and Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp said. “I have confidence in Vic Reynolds and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. I know they will work around the clock to thoroughly and independently investigate Mr. Arbery’s death to find the truth. In these moments, please pray for his loved ones, the local community, and our state."

Whether that extends to an investigation of local law enforcement's and prosecutors' actions and inactions in the case remains to be seen. Making an arrest in compliance with Georgia law is one thing . . . that's pretty cut and dried . . .

. . . the local politics underlying a local prosecutor being - and remaining - in office, and the effect those local politics have on state-wide offices . . . that's an entirely different matter. That's what bears watching, IMO. The arrest of these two men is literally the least thing that should happen here.

There is already a fb support page for these “Christian, God fearing” men.

That's a question that is being asked in Atlanta. One issue that's come up in the conversation is that local prosecutors have worked with one of the defendants before because he was a local police officer for a while, and that may have created sensitivities around conflicts of interest for them. If that's the case, then the call to the GBI probably should have been made ages ago . . . . On the other hand, there is a coronavirus pandemic to deal with here . . . Georgia has had its share of hot spots and no one wants to be the genesis of the next one . . . .

The GBI director - a former police officer, criminal defense attorney, prosecutor and one-time head of Georgia's anti-gang task force - said today that the question you asked is not part of the GBI investigation . . . the GBI is conducting a murder investigation only. I know the head of the GBI . . . he was a local attorney for a long time here. He's a sharp guy . . . I disagree with his politics, but I don't doubt his integrity or his sincerity.

For the record, GA state law provides that the GBI can get involved in a local investigation only when requested by local authorities. That happened on Tuesday night about 9:30 pm. Here's the timeline for GBI involvement:

Tues 9:30 p.m: GBI is requested to investigate.

Wed. AM: Agents started going through the case file.

Wed. around 5 p.m: Agents established probable cause for arrest.

Wed. around 6 p.m.: Arrest warrants secured.

20-and-a-half hours to investigate a case and obtain arrest warrants is pretty good. Plus the guys are under arrest today. That tells me that the case was fairly well developed by local investigators before the referral to the GBI. The video that surfaced just in the last week or so probably sealed the decision to arrest. The GBI director said that the video played a role in determining probable cause . . . and that he didn't know whether probable cause would be found without it.

One important question is whether the feds will open an investigation into the killing and the local authorities' response. I'm gonna guess that the state Attorney General and Governor are already in contact about whether to conduct an investigation into local authorities' lack of action. Governor Kemp is saying the right things, at least regarding the murder investigation:

“Earlier this week, I watched a video depicting Mr. Arbery’s last moments alive. It is absolutely horrific, and Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp said. “I have confidence in Vic Reynolds and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. I know they will work around the clock to thoroughly and independently investigate Mr. Arbery’s death to find the truth. In these moments, please pray for his loved ones, the local community, and our state."

Whether that extends to an investigation of local law enforcement's and prosecutors' actions and inactions in the case remains to be seen. Making an arrest in compliance with Georgia law is one thing . . . that's pretty cut and dried . . .

. . . the local politics underlying a local prosecutor being - and remaining - in office, and the effect those local politics have on state-wide offices . . . that's an entirely different matter. That's what bears watching, IMO. The arrest of these two men is literally the least thing that should happen here.

Thank you...very helpful.

It seems the local prosecutor is due for some serious due diligence. The guy doing the filming should also be a suspect if I am reading this correctly?

Thank you...very helpful.

It seems the local prosecutor is due for some serious due diligence. The guy doing the filming should also be a suspect if I am reading this correctly?
The guy shooting the video is under investigation, as I understand it. Whether he has the formal status of "suspect" I don't know. Part of that equation is whether the guy shooting the video cooperated with local officials . . .

. . . the fact that this question is being raised might imply that the guy shooting the video was along for a joy ride in connection with the guys with the guns, but in a different vehicle. If that's the case, then you might have a situation where the three of them conspired to do some vigilantism, video it, and get some looks and likes when they post it on a channel that caters to such stuff . . .

. . . ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT