ADVERTISEMENT

MO gun rights

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
So Missouri has pretty loose gun laws and an effort is made to restrict minors from publicly carrying without adult supervision. It fails, miserably. A St Louis rep says 14 year olds openly carry AR-15s in the city.

Somehow Mc, when you mention Democrats behind St Louis's murder problem, this has escaped your mention?

Yes, I know it is BI. But is making sure 14-year old gang bangers can have more firepower than police really a way to lower violent crime?

So Missouri has pretty loose gun laws and an effort is made to restrict minors from publicly carrying without adult supervision. It fails, miserably. A St Louis rep says 14 year olds openly carry AR-15s in the city.

Somehow Mc, when you mention Democrats behind St Louis's murder problem, this has escaped your mention?

Yes, I know it is BI. But is making sure 14-year old gang bangers can have more firepower than police really a way to lower violent crime?

1. Criminals don’t care what the law is so pretending legislation will do anything to stop carjackings and kids murdering people or acquiring guns is silly. They don’t care about life so they certainly don’t care about legislation. Concealed or open they will still have the gun. Tho admittedly 14 year old black kids carrying ARS around downtown isn’t great for tourism.
2. Republicans everywhere have dug their heels in on gun legislation with an absolute attitude that is beyond idiotic. Zero willingness to bargain. Sad and stupid.

At one point we had the perfect recipe for crime. Soros backed prosecutor, defund the police blm cori bush and mayor, and a hardcore no gun legislation republican legislature and governor (ex country boy sheriff). The country boys in jeff city couldn’t care less what happens in the city here. Shoot each other until no one is left

And it paid off. Number one most violent city in America

Last edited:
Reactions: manichi
1. Criminals don’t care what the law is so pretending legislation will do anything to stop carjackings and kids murdering people or acquiring guns is silly. They don’t care about life so they certainly don’t care about legislation. Concealed or open they will still have the gun. Tho admittedly 14 year old black kids carrying ARS around downtown isn’t great for tourism.
2. Republicans everywhere have dug their heels in on gun legislation with an absolute attitude that is beyond idiotic. Zero willingness to bargain. Sad and stupid.

At one point we had the perfect recipe for crime. Soros backed prosecutor, defund the police blm cori bush and mayor, and a hardcore no gun legislation republican legislature and governor (ex country boy sheriff). The country boys in jeff city couldn’t care less what happens in the city here. Shoot each other until no one is left

Yet Kansas City is not on this list Of violent cities.

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  10. Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
  11. Springfield, MO (1,339)
  12. Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  14. San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
  15. Anchorage, AK (1,203)
  16. Nashville, TN (1,138)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  18. New Orleans, LA (1,121)
  19. Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)
Sort of surprised. They do have bad crime in areas. But their downtown is so much better than Stl. In fact I’m taking my grandson for his bday on the train to kc. Drops you off right in the power & light district. Go to the Lego museum. Aquarium. Take the trolley and eat bbq. Blows Stl downtown away. Much safer too.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
Sort of surprised. They do have bad crime in areas. But their downtown is so much better than Stl. In fact I’m taking my grandson for his bday on the train to kc. Drops you off right in the power & light district. Go to the Lego museum. Aquarium. Take the trolley and eat bbq. Blows Stl downtown away. Much safer too.
Grandson?

I’ve been to the old KC train station. Hasn’t it been repurposed to an event center or something?

We went to the Plaza for Christmas shopping probably 25 years ago. Outstanding. The original Arthur Bryant’s when AB was alive was outstanding, the best.

Grandson?
outside of our regular visitation schedule a new pattern has emerged where i watch my son on nights that my ex stoker and her new hubby want to go out. like nye. i'm just like a grandfather. fing awful.

not sure on the train station. it's called union station and i believe been around for a 100 years. it's great! super clean and nice and easy. you take the river runner train and it's really an enjoyable ride. drops you off right in the heart of it all.

yes the plaza is great!!!

a new pattern has emerged where i watch my son on nights that my ex stoker and her new hubby want to go out. like nye. i'm just like a grandfather. fing awful.

7e17ea15-c583-450c-8076-b9cb99c7cd12_text.gif

Honestly, that sucks but I would encourage their spending more time away from your son. Then you get to teach him the right way to do things. And, as you daughter isn't athletically inclined, that means your son will be.

So be like Todd Marinovich's dad. That turned our ok, right?

Honestly, that sucks but I would encourage their spending more time away from your son. Then you get to teach him the right way to do things. And, as you daughter isn't athletically inclined, that means your son will be.

you'd be very impressed with his ball skills. he's already showing signs of greatness. the challenge will be to move him off his lifelong dream of driving a garbage truck

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02 and larsIU
you'd be very impressed with his ball skills. he's already showing signs of greatness. the challenge will be to move him off his lifelong dream of driving a garbage truck
Future 10?

Three feet of string and a ball at the end. 12 hours a day. Daily 2 hour video sessions with nothing but Pirlo, Messi, Kaka, etc. Do it.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66

It’s just while Cynthia and Marty Ackerman are in Hawaii.

Future 10?

Three feet of string and a ball at the end. 12 hours a day. Daily 2 hour video sessions with nothing but Pirlo, Messi, Kaka, etc. Do it.
pirlo and messi. ahhhhhhhhhh. my two all time favorite players. a magical barista in pirlo. yes a number 10. he already has a goal scorer's instinct too. he gravitates to the goal like a magnet. at not even 3 he recognizes that his value is in the attack, and that it's vital that he conserve his energy for going forward. he also now understands that calls (whines) for him to get back MUST be ignored, both from his teammates and his coaches.

and honestly his attitude is perfect. aggressive, as evidenced by the physical abuse he has inflicted on several of his teammates. yet at times aloof, and at other times the consummate teammate, as i've caught him holding hands with another toddler during timeouts. that sort of unpredictability will only serve him well on the pitch.

big hopes....

The answer is more good guys with guns. Self-policing is just what is needed.

I'm thinking teaching the kid the proper carry techniques for his new AR would be a nice touch to get started early. It'd fix his school bullies attitudes also.

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)
Good point, but KC has 14.9% poverty, STL is over 20. A quick look, every city on your list that I checked (Chicago, St Louis, Memphis, Rockford, Little Rock) have higher poverty rates. We know poverty alone is a good indicator.

Do you believe unsupervised 14 year olds carrying around AR weapons unsupervised is a good thing? I suspect it adds to the American cultural belief that weapons are for solving problems. We see a fair number of shootings simply for disrespect. Almost every road rage is over that, let alone the others.

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)

I went to four of them last year with the wife.

Thank God we made it out alive.

Criminals don’t care what the law is so pretending legislation will do anything to stop carjackings and kids murdering people or acquiring guns is silly. They don’t care about life so they certainly don’t care about legislation
Does any of that matter? Many here love broken window policing. A kid carrying a gun could easily be an arrestable offense getting them off the street before they use the gun.

Couldn't we say what you are saying about murder, people know the penalties for murder and do it anyway so why have murder as a crime? Heck, drive any highway, why is speeding a crime?

Reactions: IU_Hickory

MM66, a little off the subject, but am interested in what you and the others at the Cooler think about the lawyers who make a living in the criminal justice system.

The reason I ask is having worked in a building with several lawyers who were in the criminal justice system as defense lawyers. I found myself being fascinated with the few with whom I had conversations with over the years. My acquaintances weren't the highest paid criminal lawyers in town, but our building rents weren't cheap either, so they must have had decent incomes.

Don't think any of them had business clients. Judging from the appearance of their clients, I would guess they were from a cross section of the income scale.

Does any of that matter? Many here love broken window policing. A kid carrying a gun could easily be an arrestable offense getting them off the street before they use the gun.

Couldn't we say what you are saying about murder, people know the penalties for murder and do it anyway so why have murder as a crime? Heck, drive any highway, why is speeding a crime?
This is a complicated issue. Part of it is that the judicial system never contemplated 14 year old kids running around with ARs. So arrested but where are they going. Perhaps laws need to be in place to go after parents. Open carry or not won’t stop crimes

MM66, a little off the subject, but am interested in what you and the others at the Cooler think about the lawyers who make a living in the criminal justice system.

The reason I ask is having worked in a building with several lawyers who were in the criminal justice system as defense lawyers. I found myself being fascinated with the few with whom I had conversations with over the years. My acquaintances weren't the highest paid criminal lawyers in town, but our building rents weren't cheap either, so they must have had decent incomes.

Don't think any of them had business clients. Judging from the appearance of their clients, I would guess they were from a cross section of the income scale.
Oh yeah they are all over the map in incomes. Personally I can’t imagine the constitution it would take to do serious criminal work

I'm thinking teaching the kid the proper carry techniques for his new AR would be a nice touch to get started early. It'd fix his school bullies attitudes also.
Hand to hand combat first. It's all about progression at his age.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

And the biggest predictor of poverty is single female head of household. So we gotta figure out how to keep husbands, fathers, men involved in family life.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
And the biggest predictor of poverty is single female head of household. So we gotta figure out how to keep husbands, fathers, men involved in family life.

What happened to the notion we had back in the 1990s that those single moms could find gainful employment (escape poverty) once we got them off the dole. Better yet, find a husband and dump all those guys looking for companionship without responsibility.

What happened to the notion we had back in the 1990s that those single moms could find gainful employment (escape poverty) once we got them off the dole. Better yet, find a husband and dump all those guys looking for companionship without responsibility.
Blacks are just victims now. Bill Cosby used to give incredible commencement addresses. He’d demand accountability. Personal responsibility. He had one I think at Howard where he was asking the class if they’re dead. To rise up and do more. Hell his own son was a ph.d student at Columbia. But now the cult, the squad, progressives, etc just couch them as victims. Inculcate all the wrong things. Sad

It took several generations to get to this point and it will take a long time to get out of it. I think the reasons are many. Most of the reasons seem to center on the notion that government can serve as a surrogate father with different kinds of programs to help and support single moms. They certainly need help and support, but I think the evidence is that we aren’t doing it the right way. .

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Blacks are just victims now. Bill Cosby used to give incredible commencement addresses. He’d demand accountability. Personal responsibility. He had one I think at Howard where he was asking the class if they’re dead. To rise up and do more. Hell his own son was a ph.d student at Columbia. But now the cult, the squad, progressives, etc just couch them as victims. Inculcate all the wrong things. Sad
MM66, interesting that you bring up Blacks and victims in a thread touching on the criminal justice system.

We often talk about Blacks as the perps of crimes but forget their victims are usually Blacks. These victims are in need of emotional support and practical assistance throughout the criminal justice proceedings. Without this support the victims of crime many times become unstable witnesses required to achieve convictions.

Reactions: UncleMark
MM66, interesting that you bring up Blacks and victims in a thread touching on the criminal justice system.

We often talk about Blacks as the perps of crimes but forget their victims are usually Blacks. These victims are in need of emotional support and practical assistance throughout the criminal justice proceedings. Without this support the victims of crime many times become unstable witnesses required to achieve convictions.
That’s what’s so paradoxical- the black community disproportionately suffers the consequences of black crime despite the bad actors being such a small percentage of the black population. Yet the progressives focus on the criminals - bail etc to the detriment of the broader black community

It took several generations to get to this point and it will take a long time to get out of it. I think the reasons are many. Most of the reasons seem to center on the notion that government can serve as a surrogate father with different kinds of programs to help and support single moms. They certainly need help and support, but I think the evidence is that we aren’t doing it the right way. .
Interestingly some local chapters of Black Lives Matter have instituted support groups for Single Moms to gather and support each other. This includes among other things finding daycare for children so mothers can work.

Reactions: UncleMark
That’s what’s so paradoxical- the black community disproportionately suffers the consequences of black crime despite the bad actors being such a small percentage of the black population. Yet the progressives focus on the criminals - bail etc to the detriment of the broader black community
Don't know if they call themselves progressives, but there is such a thing as victim advocates who call themselves victim specialists. They come in a variety of skin colors.

Don't know if they call themselves progressives, but there is such a thing as victim advocates who call themselves victim specialists. They come in a variety of skin colors.
Sorry hoot. Doing multiple things. Yes the pd has a crime victim center that provides services

Reactions: hoot1
Future 10?

Obviously, you don’t know anything about golf.

Lol I know. And it’s sad. Bc he got his doctorate in education. And he was spot on. And knew what he was talking about. Unfortunately he didn’t really have the patience for courtships 🤣. Sullied his name with that no good pecker. And now Clinton, another great leader, is going to suffer the same fate it seems

• Haha
Reactions: All4You and larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT