ADVERTISEMENT

Moderna vaccine interim results: 94% efficacy

CBS News was interviewing a nurse from Utah with a very similar story. COVID-19 deniers becoming COVID-19 diers.

okay not to be a d*ck but that's their problem right? F em? because if my fam takes it we're 95% good irrespective of what anyone else does. right?
It's still bad for the economy with people choking up the healthcare infrastructure, dying etc.
There won't be any back to 'normal' life at this rate if 170million folks are still vulnerable, walking around falling sick. It's just not politically tenable in the medium term.

A consumer-centric economy is largely catalysed on confidence. With a large chunk people still dying at an abnormal rate, that will hardly contribute to that consumer confidence.

That's why I posed that question yesterday -- how 'mandatory' can you make vaccines?

Plus in the long run, healthcare costs for everyone will rise because of the burden of these folks.

It's still bad for the economy with people choking up the healthcare infrastructure, dying etc.
There won't be any back to 'normal' life at this rate if 170million folks are still vulnerable, walking around falling sick. It's just not politically tenable in the medium term.

A consumer-centric economy is largely catalysed on confidence. With a large chunk people still dying at an abnormal rate, that will hardly contribute to that consumer confidence.

That's why I posed that question yesterday -- how 'mandatory' can you make vaccines?

Plus in the long run, healthcare costs for everyone will rise because of the burden of these folks.
Not much feds can do but states could mandate it; so too could employers. You see this already with hospitals requiring flu shots for staff etc. there will be a shit ton of people wanting to take a wait and see with this - my own stoker.

Not much feds can do but states could mandate it; so too could employers. You see this already with hospitals requiring flu shots for staff etc. there will be a shit ton of people wanting to take a wait and see with this - my own stoker.

Vaccines are required now for schools right?

It will take heroic efforts to get 75% of the people to take it. Polls I have seen are closer to 50-50.
Only 48.4 % of adults aged 18 and over got flu shots during the 2019-20 flu season. So, you might be right.

Would be interesting to see what pct. of Trump supporters take any of the new Covid vaccines since Trump himself has been talking up the vaccines as a pro-economy measure.

How could it be a problem for society as a whole if 50% are vaccinated? If I have a 90%+ chance of being in the clear, I’m gonna live pretty much normally. That makes the virus a problem for only a minority of society, right?
Except the rest of us will pay in one form or other for treatment of all those sick people who didn't get vaccinated ( higher insurance premiums, higher hospital charges for us to cover the unpaid bills of indigents without insurance, increased government health benefits etc.).

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I hope you are right. It turns out CNN interviwed her, you can see if you think she is believable. I make no warranties.

I hate to say it like this, but it’s proof Darwinism exists.

Reactions: sglowrider

Employers, school districts, etc. SHOULD mandate vaccination for COVID, just as they would any other vaccination, assuming the efficacy and side effects are similar in children. How many children (if any) were part of the original trials for these?

If none, it is going to be an uphill battle.

Employers, school districts, etc. SHOULD mandate vaccination for COVID, just as they would any other vaccination, assuming the efficacy and side effects are similar in children. How many children (if any) were part of the original trials for these?

If none, it is going to be an uphill battle.
Kids are not included in phase III vaccine studies. They usually aren't, as there is a higher safety bar. Approval for kids to be vaccinated will require a separate study and what is called a bridge FDA approval.

That April 2021 date we are hearing so much about will likely only apply to adults. Kids will be some months later. But if kids are carriers, they won't have people to pass it to, so things will improve a lot even without them being vaccinated, since their rate of complications is relatively low.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Kids are not included in phase III vaccine studies. They usually aren't, as there is a higher safety bar. Approval for kids to be vaccinated will require a separate study and what is called a bridge FDA approval.

That April 2021 date we are hearing so much about will likely only apply to adults. Kids will be some months later. But if kids are carriers, they won't have people to pass it to, so things will improve a lot even without them being vaccinated, since their rate of complications is relatively low.

True, but it won't calm my wife down soon enough!

CBS News was interviewing a nurse from Utah with a very similar story. COVID-19 deniers becoming COVID-19 diers.

ABC news had a short clip of a nurse who quit her job in an ICU because a pariebt in the ICU was saying COVID is a hoax and no different than the flu. The nurse said she just realized she isn't making a difference.

ABC news had a short clip of a nurse who quit her job in an ICU because a pariebt in the ICU was saying COVID is a hoax and no different than the flu. The nurse said she just realized she isn't making a difference.
My stoker tested positive. We have identical symptoms so far and are quarantining. Feels like a combo cold flu

Normal readings will be between 95-99%. Below 90% is an 'amber' light situation.
Many covid patients are in the 70+% or below range -- hypoxia-like -- what happened to the golfer, Payne Stewart.
After hearing I’d been in contact, grabbed my pulse-oximeter. Pulse 74, oxygen 166.

Normal readings will be between 95-99%. Below 90% is an 'amber' light situation.
Many covid patients are in the 70+% or below range -- hypoxia-like -- what happened to the golfer, Payne Stewart.
👍 we figure we're probably on day 6. shitty luck. we've behaved like hermits during this ordeal

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT