ADVERTISEMENT

Moderna vaccine interim results: 94% efficacy

👍 we figure we're probably on day 6. shitty luck. we've behaved like hermits during this ordeal

Probably got it from some asympto.

That's why the reported US numbers of 11-12million cases are probably less than half to 1/4 of what's really out there.

Probably got it from some asympto.

That's why the reported US numbers of 11-12million cases are probably less than half to 1/4 of what's really out there.
i think we know where. my stoker works pt managing this uber rich guy's properties and was at his house. the next day he texted her that 3 out of 6 people in his office tested positive. super.

• Wow
Reactions: sglowrider
i think we know where. my stoker works pt managing this uber rich guy's properties and was at his house. the next day he texted her that 3 out of 6 people in his office tested positive. super.

Don't want to be an alarmist but long Covid is something you need to read up on.

Don't want to be an alarmist but long Covid is something you need to read up on.
YOU ARE AN ALARMIST!!!!!! yeah after all this subsides we'll get thoroughly checked out. i don't want to jinx anything but so far it's been like a really bad cold. junk in my throat feeling and body aches. and super tired periodically

Reactions: sglowrider
Rest up and take care of yourselves, mcm. Hope you both come out of it well.
Thanks hoosboot. if i end up on a ventilator i'll live stream it on here. i'll try and get the meds trump took. the doc's response will be good fodder for the board

Reactions: 76-1
Thanks hoosboot. if i end up on a ventilator i'll live stream it on here. i'll try and get the meds trump took. the doc's response will be good fodder for the board
A Cpap/non-invasive maybe.

But unfortunately for us potential viewers, the invasive vents aren't so much in vogue nowadays unless you are in dire need.
The docs have learnt not to use them as often as it has caused some unnecessary problems ie the cure worse than the problem.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Updated results from Pfizer: it’s COVID19 vaccine is 95% effective (vs 90% in previous early results) and had no serious side effects. 94% effective in older adults. Of 170 cases, 162 were in placebo. Of 10 severe, 9 were in placebo.

Get well, mcmurtry & stoker!

Updated results from Pfizer: it’s COVID19 vaccine is 95% effective (vs 90% in previous early results) and had no serious side effects. 94% effective in older adults. Of 170 cases, 162 were in placebo. Of 10 severe, 9 were in placebo.

Get well, mcmurtry & stoker!
Thank you! I guess dying now would be akin to getting shot the last day of war. Yikes.

Seems the schools should be an easy infrastructure spot to distribute
They would be a good locations to utilize, access, parking,...

I'm curious about the order of recipients after the essential and high risk folks.
I have a picture in my head of 30 something Karen's elbowing their way to the front of the line knocking over oxygen tanks and wheelchairs demanding that they go first. :oops:

I'm curious about the order of recipients after the essential and high risk folks.
I have a picture in my head of 30 something Karen's elbowing their way to the front of the line knocking over oxygen tanks and wheelchairs demanding that they go first. :oops:
yuck. hopefully they get arsenic. on a serious note i wonder about distribution. when i was in grad school i had this black professor. the man had a voice straight out of hollywood, was all of 6'4, and had shoulders as wide as a door. he taught urban planning and policy. he was by far my favorite prof. he used to claim that the grocery stores in town used to rotate produce so that it would start fresh at the stores in the wealthy burbs and then when it got ripe get shipped over to the poorer neighborhoods. i have no idea if that was true but i've wondered ever since. once my stoker and i were going into the grocery store and from across the lot i hear "I DON'T BELIEVE I'M SEEING MR SHOPPING AT" he was shouting at me across the parking lot while he was picketing the store. i bust out laughing and told him i was there to stand with him. my stoker and i stood with him for an hour and left. then we went to another store lmao. anyway let's see how the vaccine is distributed. what communities get it first ... i'm reminded of star island and the covid tests. bridges up....

Last edited:
Employers, school districts, etc. SHOULD mandate vaccination for COVID, just as they would any other vaccination, assuming the efficacy and side effects are similar in children. How many children (if any) were part of the original trials for these?

If none, it is going to be an uphill battle.
Children may be last on the priority list for getting vaccinated for COVID. Mandating a vaccine that's unavailable to them wouldn't be responsible for a while.

Kids are not included in phase III vaccine studies. They usually aren't, as there is a higher safety bar. Approval for kids to be vaccinated will require a separate study and what is called a bridge FDA approval.

That April 2021 date we are hearing so much about will likely only apply to adults. Kids will be some months later. But if kids are carriers, they won't have people to pass it to, so things will improve a lot even without them being vaccinated, since their rate of complications is relatively low.
The surgeon I golfed with a month ago seems to have been correct when he said he heard through the medical grapevine to expect healthcare providers to expect to start being vaccinated in January or February.

YOU ARE AN ALARMIST!!!!!! yeah after all this subsides we'll get thoroughly checked out. i don't want to jinx anything but so far it's been like a really bad cold. junk in my throat feeling and body aches. and super tired periodically
The count is up to at least 15 people I know or are friends/relatives of people I know that have had it and fully recovered. Luckily none have had anything worse than you're describing and most had very minor symptoms. One was 70 something so that's good that he didn't get any worse symptoms or complications. I hope you also don't develop anything worse and recover quickly.

Last edited:
The count is up to at least 15 people I know or are friends/relatives of people I know that have had it and fully recovered. Luckily none have had anything worse than you're describing and most had very minor symptoms. One was 70 something so that's good that he didn't get any worse symptoms or complications. I hope you also don't develop anything worse and recover quickly.
thank you aloha. yeah it's becoming groundhog day. just feels like a bad cold day after day

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

analysis: https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/11/16/modernas-vaccine-efficacy-readout

executive summary:
-95 total cases in the trial to date, split 90/5 between the control group and the vaccinated group.
-11 of 95 were severe infections: all 11 were in the controls and zero in the vaccine patients.
-“generally short lived” side effects noted: fatigue in 9.7% of patients, myalgia (muscle pain) in 8.9%, arthralgia (joint pain) in 5.2%, headache in 4.5%, and just “pain” in 4.1%.

2nd pres release: https://investors.modernatx.com/new...ounces-longer-shelf-life-its-covid-19-vaccine

-Moderna says that new stability testing shows that their vaccine remains stable for up to six months under standard freezer conditions, up to 30 days under standard refrigeration conditions, and up to 12 hours at room temperature. There’s no dilution or further handling at the point of administration. This is much more like what you want to see, as compared to the more demanding storage conditions that seem to be needed for the Pfizer candidate. This is how a lot of medicine (and food, for that matter) is already distributed and stored – our infrastructure is a lot more prepared for this.

right now the vaccine news is very good indeed.
Give it to the politicians first.

If they die?, society benefits

If they live?, society benefits

My stoker tested positive. We have identical symptoms so far and are quarantining. Feels like a combo cold flu

Lots of ways to test the captain/stoker relationship—sounds like you’ll do fine. Drink lots of fluids. Somebody must be doing a trial on how bourbon relieves symptoms.

I’m high risk

In Kentucky, I’m after prisoners.

Group W.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Still a ways away

Americans should expect reviews to take weeks rather than days, Peter Marks, head of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, told Business Insider. While the dire COVID-19 pandemic naturally creates urgency, Marks and his team "have to take the amount of time that we need to take," he said. The FDA is said to be discussing potential committee meetings for December 8 to 10, CNBC's Meg Tirrell reports.

"What we need here is confidence," Marks told BI. "Everything that we are trying to do here, this is all about ensuring the public re-develops the kind of trust they once had in vaccines."

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and call BS on that lady. While some severely mentally ill people might behave the way she’s explaining - it’s almost impossible for it to be happening at scale. People are dumb but not that dumb.
And my BS meter was calibrated again. Seriously people, when something is so outrageous it can’t be true - it usually isn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT