ADVERTISEMENT

Moderna vaccine interim results: 94% efficacy

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It is not that crazy to buy into, that people feel that way. My brother is a conspiracy nut and was convinced that COVID-19 was a hoax, until he got it. Then he begged the doc for hydroxychloroquine. He got better so he was then convinced that 1) it is real; but 2) people are covering up the miracle cure.

And my BS meter was calibrated again. Seriously people, when something is so outrageous it can’t be true - it usually isn’t.

Here are other nurses in Ohio say they are treating COVID DENIERS.

https://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-hospitals-dealing-covid-19-deniers-amid-worst-surge-yet#stream/0

Reactions: outside shooter
Nobody doubts there are deniers out there. But that’s a far cry from the alarmism of that nurse seeking her 15 min of fame and from the now terrible news outlets from CNN soaking up every word of it.

I still strongly believe this denialism is exaggerated or those that are denying in the ICU likely have other mental illness.

I’ve come around to the side that thinks the news is despicably fake. We all of course knew that Fox has been fake for decades, but I held out delusional hope that CNN and the NYT were on the right side of it.

After all that’s transpired and transpiring, I’ve lost all faith in journalism.

Local news outlets are by in large pretty good. Phil Anschutz is bankrolling an online paper in Colorado which is very good. Has good comics, national, local, business and sports content. Just like an old fashioned newsprint paper. I read it every day. I read the Denver Post on my Kindle. It's owned by a private capital outfit and has made itself largely irrelevant because of conspicuously slanted coverage. I'll end that subscription when I get around to it.

I agree with your general assessment. But I think you deluded yourself into believing CNN and NYT were different from Fox. They really are the same. Here is a pretty good link about NYT's fall.

I have a cousin in Orlando who trains and supervises the nursing staff of a major hospital. She has posted on social media about many patients in denial and many very tired and overwrought nurses.

ABC news had a short clip of a nurse who quit her job in an ICU because a pariebt in the ICU was saying COVID is a hoax and no different than the flu. The nurse said she just realized she isn't making a difference.

Things like this are what is going to make the Biden Administration’s COVID policies difficult to administer.

How do you stop a pandemic when 40% of the population doesn’t believe it’s real and will do nothing to help stop the virus?

In Africa’s Congo, 25% of the population didn’t believe Ebola was real during their 2019 outbreak, even when people were bleeding out in front of their eyes.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Things like this are what is going to make the Biden Administration’s COVID policies difficult to administer.

How do you stop a pandemic when 40% of the population doesn’t believe it’s real and will do nothing to help stop the virus?

In Africa’s Congo, 25% of the population didn’t believe Ebola was real during their 2019 outbreak, even when people were bleeding out in front of their eyes.

A combo of all the people who have had it and a vaccine. Vaccine will be required for enough to take hold. Just have to get through the winter.

A combo of all the people who have had it and a vaccine. Vaccine will be required for enough to take hold. Just have to get through the winter.

Remember when Republicans made up a bunch of nonsense about “Death Panels” for the elderly in Obamacare?

Today there were 2,000 deaths in the US. If we average 1,500 deaths in the US this winter that’s another 180,000 dead people.

Apparently all those elderly people are expendable. I know I wouldn’t be satisfied with those results for people I know and love.

Its pathetic.

Remember when Republicans made up a bunch of nonsense about “Death Panels” for the elderly in Obamacare?

Today there were 2,000 deaths in the US. If we average 1,500 deaths in the US this winter that’s another 180,000 dead people.

Apparently all those elderly people are expendable. I know I wouldn’t be satisfied with those results for people I know and love.

Its pathetic.
The next month is going to be really bad as more and more kids come home.

Reactions: UncleMark

This is precisely my point. The fake news will tell you that 40% of people don’t believe it’s real. That’s bullshit. That’s why I’m pushing back on this piece of fake news.

We all lose when journalism sucks.

This is precisely my point. The fake news will tell you that 40% of people don’t believe it’s real. That’s bullshit. That’s why I’m pushing back on this piece of fake news.

We all lose when journalism sucks.

Sorry, it’s only 31%. The 40% was off the top of my head. Only 59% of Republicans think it’s a conspiracy. 59%!!!

I’ve come around to the side that thinks the news is despicably fake. We all of course knew that Fox has been fake for decades, but I held out delusional hope that CNN and the NYT were on the right side of it.

After all that’s transpired and transpiring, I’ve lost all faith in journalism.
You can always go back to the Bible!
BTW, what does the Bible say about vaccines?

Reactions: DrHoops
Well done. Polite golf applause.

You have potential grasshoppa
A few studies I’ve seen show an almost total loss of antibodies in ~3 months. Then there are the documented cases of reinfection. There’s goes herd immunity (mentality).
It will take heroic efforts to get 75% of the people to take it. Polls I have seen are closer to 50-50.
My sincere hope is that 100% of 'progressives' take as many of these 'vaccines' as they can get.

what do you think will happen? A little rash, a mild fever for a few hours?
I have no idea what will happen in terms of short term identifiable counterindications.

If I understand the "science", one of these vaccines changes rna, and the bioweapon does not recognize the species, so does not infect.

When Gates and Fakeschi's kids and grandkids are presented to a completely random clinic and vaxd anonymously..then let mom and pop exercise 'choice'..

My understanding is that Gate's kids have never been vaccinated.
Gates' wife claims the kids were 'fully vaccinated.

Last edited:
I don't have a clue what that comment was about either. However, it got me to thinking about Ernie Pyle, a great war correspondent. Little known fact is that he was buried (reinterred actually) at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Punchbowl on the Hawaii island of Oahu. That cemetery is worth visiting for those traveling to Hawaii.

Sorry, it’s only 31%. The 40% was off the top of my head. Only 59% of Republicans think it’s a conspiracy. 59%!!!

Believing the authorities would be easier if they would simply behave as they lecture us about behavior and if they would issue orders that made any sense. Justice Gorsuch nailed it:

“So, at least according to the Governor, it may be unsafe to go to church, but it is always fine to pick up another bottle of wine, shop for a new bike, or spend the afternoon exploring your distal points and meridians. Who knew public health would so perfectly align with secular convenience?”

“The only explanation for treating religious places differently,” slammed Gorsuch, “seems to be a judgment that what happens there just isn’t as ‘essential’ as what happens in secular spaces.”

If the authorities want the public to take this whole thing seriously, they need to seriously follow the rules and quit being so unserious with lock down orders.

Believing the authorities would be easier if they would simply behave as they lecture us about behavior and if they would issue orders that made any sense. Justice Gorsuch nailed it:

“So, at least according to the Governor, it may be unsafe to go to church, but it is always fine to pick up another bottle of wine, shop for a new bike, or spend the afternoon exploring your distal points and meridians. Who knew public health would so perfectly align with secular convenience?”

“The only explanation for treating religious places differently,” slammed Gorsuch, “seems to be a judgment that what happens there just isn’t as ‘essential’ as what happens in secular spaces.”

If the authorities want the public to take this whole thing seriously, they need to seriously follow the rules and quit being so unserious with lock down orders.

People spend an hour in a church, or more, with singing. 5 minutes in a liquor store is an unbelievably stupid comparison.

Reactions: DrHoops
People spend an hour in a church, or more, with singing. 5 minutes in a liquor store is an unbelievably stupid comparison.

Coumo made no effort to comply with the constitution.

First amendment restrictions must be narrowly tailored and specific to the governmental interests intended to be advanced.

The Court explained the facts underlying its decision, specifically referring to testimony given before the District Court by a health department official, who testified that “a large store in Brooklyn that could ‘literally have hundreds of people shopping there on any given day,’” while religious gatherings were limited to 10 or 25 people.

Coumo made no effort to comply with the constitution.

First amendment restrictions must be narrowly tailored and specific to the governmental interests intended to be advanced.

The Court explained the facts underlying its decision, specifically referring to testimony given before the District Court by a health department official, who testified that “a large store in Brooklyn that could ‘literally have hundreds of people shopping there on any given day,’” while religious gatherings were limited to 10 or 25 people.
Again, duration matters. Sitting 5 hours next to 1 infected person is worse than walking past a thousand other people walking.

Churches and stores should be subject to a similar 6 foot radius limit.

Reactions: meridian
Again, duration matters. Sitting 5 hours next to 1 infected person is worse than walking past a thousand other people walking.

Churches and stores should be subject to a similar 6 foot radius limit.

You aren’t winning this argument. The person in church limit was arbitrary; either 10 or 25. Cuomo could have won this issue if he related church restrictions to health concerns instead of arbitrary numbers. It’s as if he trusted stores to enforce safe distance but not churches.

You aren’t winning this argument. The person in church limit was arbitrary; either 10 or 25. Coumo could have won this issue if he related church restrictions to health concerns instead of arbitrary numbers. It’s as if he trusted stores to enforce safe distance but not churches.
My argument is to the Justice not acknowledging a difference between a liquor store where people go in and out in minutes and a location that people stay for an hour. A church is more like a restaurant. Young padewan learner did not note that such an obvious difference exists.

I have no idea what will happen in terms of short term identifiable counterindications.

If I understand the "science", one of these vaccines changes rna, and the bioweapon does not recognize the species, so does not infect.

When Gates and Fakeschi's kids and grandkids are presented to a completely random clinic and vaxd anonymously..then let mom and pop exercise 'choice'..

My understanding is that Gate's kids have never been vaccinated

As typical. You understand wrong. That's another internet myth which you seem to build your existence around.

My argument is to the Justice not acknowledging a difference between a liquor store where people go in and out in minutes and a location that people stay for an hour. A church is more like a restaurant. Young padewan learner did not note that such an obvious difference exists.
If churches are like restaurants they should be treated like restaurants and not subject to different rules.

If churches are like restaurants they should be treated like restaurants and not subject to different rules.

Which is fine. I never suggested otherwise. It was the kid on the Court that compared a church to a liquor store. I said he made a terrible comparison. Few people spend an hour in a liquor store. He could have chosen a better comparison but he chose liquor. At no point have I said churches need more constraint than any other business with the same risk. I believe they need the same. The trick is finding the category churches belong in and I believe that is restaurant.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Which is fine. I never suggested otherwise. It was the kid on the Court that compared a church to a liquor store. I said he made a terrible comparison. Few people spend an hour in a liquor store. He could have chosen a better comparison but he chose liquor. At no point have I said churches need more constraint than any other business with the same risk. I believe they need the same. The trick is finding the category churches belong in and I believe that is restaurant.
Churches are like yelling in indoor sports

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT