ADVERTISEMENT

MI jumped 17 spots in Net

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
47 to 30. They are on the right side of the bubble, with one win. So much season left. These last 7 are gonna be fun. Normal IU teams fumble and shit the bed right about here. This is a different team, different staff, different feel. I think we are gonna see a great finish. The statement couldn't have been made at a better time. Shit is real, it is February. Woody said we need to win out!!!! That starts tomorrow, very excited to see what kind of effort is shown in East Lansing. Im betting big on the Hoosiers tomorrow. All aboard!

47 to 30. They are on the right side of the bubble, with one win. So much season left. These last 7 are gonna be fun. Normal IU teams fumble and shit the bed right about here. This is a different team, different staff, different feel. I think we are gonna see a great finish. The statement couldn't have been made at a better time. Shit is real, it is February. Woody said we need to win out!!!! That starts tomorrow, very excited to see what kind of effort is shown in East Lansing. Im betting big on the Hoosiers tomorrow. All aboard!
Rutgers and Michigan have both moves passed us in standing. We are likely going to have to win 4 or 5 more big ten games to get in now.

Michigan had just recently dropped from high 20's to 40's in most computer rankings in the games after beating IU, where they reached 24 or something like that. Up 20 spots after beating Purdue.

So what went down, came back up and most likely will go down again (twss).. but they've been that way all year. Consistency is not a virtue they have exhibited. When the talent shows up they look great, when it doesn't .. not so much.

fwiw - Torvik still has IU 16th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
Michigan had just recently dropped from high 20's to 40's in most computer rankings in the games after beating IU, where they reached 24 or something like that. Up 20 spots after beating Purdue.

So what went down, came back up and most likely will go down again (twss).. but they've been that way all year. Consistency is not a virtue they have exhibited. When the talent shows up they look great, when it doesn't .. not so much.

fwiw - Torvik still has IU 16th.
Surprised that the better (ie as rated there) BT teams aren’t more balanced. Am I surprised to see Iowa with the disparity b/t off and def efficiency, no of course not. But, PU, OSU, and mich all are just as inefficient defensively. Wisconsin and Illinois have balance, and IMO they are the front runners.

our offensive efficiency isn’t anywhere near these other teams, yet our D is great. Of course we all know that.

Wisconsin
Still not sold on them .. I've been waiting for them to come down to their level but it hasn't happened yet.

Just like teams that lose a bunch of close games may not be as bad as they seem, a team that wins a bunch of close games may not be as good,

Imagine IU having someone that can close out games like Davis. Huge difference maker ..

Still not sold on them .. I've been waiting for them to come down to their level but it hasn't happened yet.

Just like teams that lose a bunch of close games may not be as bad as they seem, a team that wins a bunch of close games may not be as good,

Imagine IU having someone that can close out games like Davis. Huge difference maker ..
I saw they were around 5th in luck, you would expect it to revert to the mean.,,,but, yeah Davis helps them close games out. They seem to have a favorable schedule down the stretch.

Edit: let me add. When we played up there , late in the first half I thought they might not score 40 in the game. They looked putrid. So, yeah, I understand your hesitancy.

Last edited:
I saw they were around 5th in luck, you would expect it to revert to the mean.,,,but, yeah Davis helps them close games out. They seem to have a favorable schedule.
3rd

Providence, New Mexico, Wisconsin ..

Interesting thing about Providence, it's been Al Durham in a couple games doing the closing.

Reactions: bawlmer and .Gerdis

They have good guards, but some of the worst front court play they have had in years.

Reactions: T.M.P.
UM has young talent that has run hot and cold.
Their gesticulations at IU were decried by many.
Here’s hoping our upper class men lead IU in playing with purpose to close out the season.

Saw the team has been killing it on Twitter which always ends well.

This group needs to put up or shut up. They are already 2-4 losses behind where they should easily be.

I’ll watch the games, but after traveling to that travesty live on Tuesday I’m not sure I can be too invested in this group.

Do you realize not one player on the team has ever played in the tournament? Feels like that is their routine. Do they can enough? Time will tell.

Travesty on Tuesday? Wow, I thank you for cheering them on in person but those boys on the floor played their hearts out. What was the travesty exactly?

You are the eternal optimist. I love it. You may very well be right. The only teams remaining that pose TJD matchup problems are PU. We seem determined to make him be the focus even when playing a team that he does not matchup well with. Seeing that Sparty lost their last home game, I see a complete throttling by Sparty today.

MSU: 74
IU: 63

As usual, I am the glass half full perspective and having low expectations is a coping mechanism. Go IU!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT