ADVERTISEMENT

Underdogs at home today.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
That is so disrespectful. A Saturday night game against an unranked team, and we are a 1 point underdog? Jesus that pisses me off.

I sound like a broken record but the talent on this team is too much for these weak ass performances. I want to see some passion tonight. Getting on the floor, win the 50/50 balls. Get ****ing mad. This is IU basketball. Remember the stupid slogan about in 49 other states? In the words of my second favorite Hoosier Vic, ****ing play like it!!!!

Big game tonight, this team better come out with their hair on fire. Lose this game, IMO season is over.

I got a big ass bet tonight, because this shit needs to start trending upward. If it doesn’t tonight, I will crash this ****ing train into a mountain. Until then….. ALL Aboard!!!!

That is so disrespectful. A Saturday night game against an unranked team, and we are a 1 point underdog? Jesus that pisses me off.

I sound like a broken record but the talent on this team is too much for these weak ass performances. I want to see some passion tonight. Getting on the floor, win the 50/50 balls. Get ****ing mad. This is IU basketball. Remember the stupid slogan about in 49 other states? In the words of my second favorite Hoosier Vic, ****ing play like it!!!!

Big game tonight, this team better come out with their hair on fire. Lose this game, IMO season is over.

I got a big ass bet tonight, because this shit needs to start trending upward. If it doesn’t tonight, I will crash this ****ing train into a mountain. Until then….. ALL Aboard!!!!
Students are back and while the crowds have been great over breaks, tonight should be rocking.

Take the point bigly.

Unfortunately, the Colts take my top priority today being that it’s a playoff or season over game! Would be nice if Lucas Oil played both IU and Pacer games on the Jumbotrons, but I’m sure I will probably miss it! Would watch on my phone but ColtsWifi is pathetic! 😒

Unfortunately, the Colts take my top priority today being that it’s a playoff or season over game! Would be nice if Lucas Oil played both IU and Pacer games on the Jumbotrons, but I’m sure I will probably miss it! Would watch on my phone but ColtsWifi is pathetic! 😒
you need to get your priorities straight, cowboys play tomm

I believe we play well tonight with a sense of urgency and purpose. The crowd/students will help immensely. Chance to be 3-1 in the BIG.
OSU is as new and cobbled together as we are.

If bad body language and lethargic play show up tonight of all nights—— We have our answer.
He’s lost this particular team.

And that starts another cycle we need not repeat.

Too much focus and talk about "talent".

They don't play hard. Indiana used to outplay the other team to win games consistently.
Knight became a legend and won 3 national titles with lesser talent because his teams did all the little things required to win games. It appears that Woody forgot everything he learned or should have learned from Knight.

OSU to top scorers are there guards. Thornton and Gayle.
They also have size, could be a tough matchup

I sound like a broken record but the talent on this team is too much for these weak ass performances
Is it possible that as a group they are just not very smart? It's one thing to have individual talent or athletic ability. But we see the same kinds of breakdowns and mistakes repeatedly. Especially the way Woodson talks about valuing Defense I cannot believe they don't work on it in practice.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I am recommending this post be considered for top 10 for 2023-2024 season. Get ready for this place to burn down.

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
Is it possible that as a group they are just not very smart? It's one thing to have individual talent or athletic ability. But we see the same kinds of breakdowns and mistakes repeatedly. Especially the way Woodson talks about valuing Defense I cannot believe they don't work on it in practice.
Dare I say it...Is it possible that coaches are just not very smart?

Dumb players/dumb coaches<dumb players/smart coaches<smart players/dumb coaches<smart players/smart coaches - Heirachey of Intelligence in Athletics, top to bottom inversely

Knight became a legend and won 3 national titles with lesser talent because his teams did all the little things required to win games. It appears that Woody forgot everything he learned or should have learned from Knight.
I don't think he forgot. I think he lacks the personality style to dig it out of the players, and perhaps there has also been a lack of urgency in building for the future, with instead, an approach to try to attract from the "NBA future " perspective.

“Basketball School”
That tag implies you win games.

But alas, as I’ve said multiple times: the Big10 is a football conference like the SEC. And the big “football schools” within the conference bypassed IU bball 20 years ago.

The game has changed a lot since Knight.
Woodson has had plenty of talent I agree. He had 2 players drafted last season. He has 3 five stars this year. How many BIG teams have that many? Knight was a great coach but I think I'd rather have Woodson for my neighbor. Lol.

“Basketball School”

But alas, as I’ve said multiple times: the Big10 is a football conference like the SEC. And the big “football schools” within the conference bypassed IU bball 20 years ago.
Teams that have done well in BIG in bball are not Great football schools. pU and MSU

No idea what to expect in this one. We usually get up for big games at home but Woody can't coach and we have so many holes. I could see us winning by 20 or losing by 20. No way I'm touching this line.
Who is going to guard 6'7 battle on the three point line?

Common misconception.

Knight built a solid, repeatable, reliable system and program. His teams were always going to be solid because of it. But he was at IU, and they were a big enough brand that he was also able to attract quite a lot of talent. And when he has elite levels of talent, he did great things. And that further grew the history and brand of IU basketball.

Without those NBA level guys on the 75-76 team, Isaiah and the other NBA level guys in 81… Alford, Thomas, Smart in 87…Top recruiting class Cheaneys year, national high school player of the year Bailey…without that high end talent…his program would have been very Wisconsin/Purdue ish.

Is it too much to ask for some new offensive sets? That haven’t been scouted to death over the last 3 years by opposing BIG10 coaches? Nebraska knew everything that was coming. And they jammed it down Woody’s throat.

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
“Basketball School”

And keep on saying AD NAUSEAM!

Your daddy
I have to share here.... The Wisconsin football game this past season was maybe one of my most enjoyable games ever. Wisky fans really showed up for this one. It just put a smile on my face looking at their expressions as they were leaving.

Reactions: eddy4iu
I have to share here.... The Wisconsin football game this past season was maybe one of my most enjoyable games ever. Wisky fans really showed up for this one. It just put a smile on my face looking at their expressions as they were leaving.

Unbelievably, Allen was 2-0 against Wisky.
Wisconsin piled up its wins vs IU since Barry took over back around 1991. Before that, it was pretty even and both schools were lousy in the 70s and up till Dave McClain and Mallory.

Was intending on making a pregame post about wanting to see IU play pissed the fock off tonight, pissed off as most the fanbase.

Focking mad is a good way to put it too.

I know I've seen more passion at times from ad hoc pickup game hyper teams playing their 4th game in a row.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Teams that have done well in BIG in bball are not Great football schools. pU and MSU

Both schools value football. And prior to the trainwreck that was Mel Tucker, MSU kicked ass in football. Purdue shows up to games, although I think they will fizzle with the current coach. We’ll see.
MSU has a ton of financial resources and support.

Common misconception.

Knight built a solid, repeatable, reliable system and program. His teams were always going to be solid because of it. But he was at IU, and they were a big enough brand that he was also able to attract quite a lot of talent. And when he has elite levels of talent, he did great things. And that further grew the history and brand of IU basketball.

Without those NBA level guys on the 75-76 team, Isaiah and the other NBA level guys in 81… Alford, Thomas, Smart in 87…Top recruiting class Cheaneys year, national high school player of the year Bailey…without that high end talent…his program would have been very Wisconsin/Purdue ish.
Not sure I agree. Knight got his share of good players but he wasn't consistently landing so called five star kids. The only truly elite level NBA player that Knight ever had was Isaiah Thomas. The rest were just ok. Some like woodson and wittman played for a while in the NBA but were hardly elite like the many that UNC produced. We've had plenty of NBA guys going back to the crean years and this year we have at least 3 yet we are rather awful. I'm not expecting that Woodson play the same style as a knight team because obviously the game has changed a lot. That being said there is no reason he can't say least impress many of Knight's or any other good coaches principles on them. Things like playing extremely hard on both ends of the court, being able to hit free throws at a decent % and not throwing the ball away etc etc etc. Knight's teams were well disciplined year in and year out and discipline never goes out of style.

Does anyone know how often a home team is not favored?

Who is going to guard 6'7 battle on the three point line?
What is this "guard and battle the three point line" you speak of? Is this allowed? I think there is a chapter in Basketball for Dummies that says you can't do this. At least that is what's in the copy IU has in the locker room.

Reactions: bailey777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT