ADVERTISEMENT

-2.5 @ Xavier

Don't disappear when he does. I'll be here. His D is much better than Miller's. Woody said Miller was the worst defender he has ever seen last year. That quote slipping out in a press conference was gold.
No he didn’t. He constantly praised Miller’s defense last year. Parker Stewart was the garbage defender in the starting lineup last year.

Ye of little faith. He didn’t take a shot. Just like the rest of our bench. People saying miller is clearly better should be put out to pasture. That guy sucked for 25 minutes and got praised for finally hitting an open three and FTs.
I agree the standard is low… in fairness it has been rare to see an IU wing hitting a clutch 3 and free throws lately.

I don’t think Kopp is as bad as you, but certainly agree we need Bates to break through if we want to get far.

Kopp, Stewart, and Bates were the three worst defenders on the team last year, by their ratings. Kopp was better than Bates last year.

In a small sample size, Bates has improved this year, and is now better than Kopp. But we will see if that sticks.
Either way, if you are going to snatch a starting job away from a 5th or 6th year senior, you have to be demonstrably better. Bates hasn't shown that yet.

Reneau is pretty close. Race will either need to start hitting those threes, or he might be a bench guy if Reneau can figure out how to defend without fouling.

Reactions: Beorik
Kopp, Stewart, and Bates were the three worst defenders on the team last year, by their ratings. Kopp was better than Bates last year.

In a small sample size, Bates has improved this year, and is now better than Kopp. But we will see if that sticks.
Either way, if you are going to snatch a starting job away from a 5th or 6th year senior, you have to be demonstrably better. Bates hasn't shown that yet.

Reneau is pretty close. Race will either need to start hitting those threes, or he might be a bench guy if Reneau can figure out how to defend without fouling.
Agree with all of this. If Bates wants to start he must show some consistency on offense. And if Race wants to hold onto his spot he must hit some 3s otherwise I think both Reneau and Geronimo are better situationally. Race will be in there vs multiple bigs because of his D and rebounding but we bog down offensively if he isn’t hitting some shots.

We really need all of Bates, Galloway, and Geronimo to show more consistency on offense though if we want to be really good at the end of the year.

But Bates's D wasn't very good last night. Until he plays better on D, as you know, Woody won't give him major minutes. Based on how he's played on offense so far this season he's done nothing to justify playing ahead of Kopp no matter how bad Kopp is. So Cav, when is Bates going to "break out"? He didn't do it against Morehead State or even Bethune Cookman much less Xavier. When? We're waiting.
oh and he made you wait a week. Send him a Xmas present.

What am I missing? The guy is hitting over 50% from 3 and this board is complaining he is not a good shooter. I’m so confused.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
What am I missing? The guy is hitting over 50% from 3 and this board is complaining he is not a good shooter. I’m so confused.
Miller has proven to do very well against below average competition and with no pressure. He has also shown he shoots well below average in any sort of bright light or big stage environment.

Miller has proven to do very well against below average competition and with no pressure. He has also shown he shoots well below average in any sort of bright light or big stage environment.
So has everyone else. It’s encouraging to see Bates against JSU. Hope that carries over. Biggest weakness is that spot. If Galloway and Bates can shoot effectively from deep they will dethrone Kopp. Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
XJ is the only one who seems totally confident in his shot whenever and wherever. Kopp seems to be better as the game goes on. Everybody else seems streaky right now. Need somebody else to get into mid- 30 pct from 3.

XJ is the only one who seems totally confident in his shot whenever and wherever. Kopp seems to be better as the game goes on. Everybody else seems streaky right now. Need somebody else to get into mid- 30 pct from 3.
Scoop will be 38%+ and take over 100 threes. XJ I thought would be low 40s this year. If Kopp can stay in the 40s all year I think that is a game changer. If he goes 35% in the big ten tho he will play about 10-15 mins a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT