ADVERTISEMENT

Underdogs at home today.

I don't think he forgot. I think he lacks the personality style to dig it out of the players, and perhaps there has also been a lack of urgency in building for the future, with instead, an approach to try to attract from the "NBA future " perspective.
This is the real curse of Bob Knight. Every IU coach is going to be measured against the greatest of all time.

Reactions: kkott
That is so disrespectful. A Saturday night game against an unranked team, and we are a 1 point underdog? Jesus that pisses me off.

I sound like a broken record but the talent on this team is too much for these weak ass performances. I want to see some passion tonight. Getting on the floor, win the 50/50 balls. Get ****ing mad. This is IU basketball. Remember the stupid slogan about in 49 other states? In the words of my second favorite Hoosier Vic, ****ing play like it!!!!

Big game tonight, this team better come out with their hair on fire. Lose this game, IMO season is over.

I got a big ass bet tonight, because this shit needs to start trending upward. If it doesn’t tonight, I will crash this ****ing train into a mountain. Until then….. ALL Aboard!!!!
After the showing in Lincoln, IU didn’t deserve to be a home favorite. This team does need to do the little things right and play with effort …

Not sure I agree. Knight got his share of good players but he wasn't consistently landing so called five star kids. The only truly elite level NBA player that Knight ever had was Isaiah Thomas. The rest were just ok. Some like woodson and wittman played for a while in the NBA but were hardly elite like the many that UNC produced. We've had plenty of NBA guys going back to the crean years and this year we have at least 3 yet we are rather awful. I'm not expecting that Woodson play the same style as a knight team because obviously the game has changed a lot. That being said there is no reason he can't say least impress many of Knight's or any other good coaches principles on them. Things like playing extremely hard on both ends of the court, being able to hit free throws at a decent % and not throwing the ball away etc etc etc. Knight's teams were well disciplined year in and year out and discipline never goes out of style.
North, I think Jack is more right about this than you are.
In the early years CRMK only recruited IN, ILL & OH. Frequently in tough matchups we were not the most talented players on the floor. Yet we won a bunch.

Bet the ML on IU tonight and if for some reason IU gets down big then bet the spread if it gets like plus 8.5. Also bet the over on the Colts game

North, I think Jack is more right about this than you are.
In the early years CRMK only recruited IN, ILL & OH. Frequently in tough matchups we were not the most talented players on the floor. Yet we won a bunch.
The 75-76 teams were top 2-3 in nation in terms of talent.

81 had a ton of talent.

87 I might concede, but Alford was an Olympian and All American. And Daryl Thomas was certainly “5 star”.

Cheaneys teams were also very talented, probably top 5 talent level.

Those happened to be the the teams he won “big” with.

It’s ok to admit it. He needed talent to win nattys.

Knight became a legend and won 3 national titles with lesser talent because his teams did all the little things required to win games. It appears that Woody forgot everything he learned or should have learned from Knight.
CBK did not have lesser talent…

The 75-76 teams were top 2-3 in nation in terms of talent.

81 had a ton of talent.

87 I might concede, but Alford was an Olympian and All American. And Daryl Thomas was certainly “5 star”.

Cheaneys teams were also very talented, probably top 5 talent level.

Those happened to be the the teams he won “big” with.

It’s ok to admit it. He needed talent to win nattys.
Every coach needs talent to win nattys. You are suggesting we had dominant talent to earn Coach those titles. I don’t think that was the case.

That is so disrespectful. A Saturday night game against an unranked team, and we are a 1 point underdog? Jesus that pisses me off.

I sound like a broken record but the talent on this team is too much for these weak ass performances. I want to see some passion tonight. Getting on the floor, win the 50/50 balls. Get ****ing mad. This is IU basketball. Remember the stupid slogan about in 49 other states? In the words of my second favorite Hoosier Vic, ****ing play like it!!!!

Big game tonight, this team better come out with their hair on fire. Lose this game, IMO season is over.

I got a big ass bet tonight, because this shit needs to start trending upward. If it doesn’t tonight, I will crash this ****ing train into a mountain. Until then….. ALL Aboard!!!!
Maybe this team should actually step up and play near their potential, and then we won’t see that kind of stuff

Every coach needs talent to win nattys. You are suggesting we had dominant talent to earn Coach those titles. I don’t think that was the case.
Nope. I’m not suggesting that at all. When he had “top four” talent, he went to final fours and won nattys. When he didn’t, he didn’t.

He didn’t always do “more with less”…rather his program was consistently good, and more often than not, played to the the level of the talent it had.

I wish Woody was more like him.

RMK got the most out of players that was possible. He pushed them to be the best they could be, and better than they thought they could be. That was his stated objective. He didn't always win the conference title or the tournament but his teams consistently played just about as well as that group of players possibly could.

But not be at the game was the point.
It was a pretty full house. Not a ton of students I'd say. A lot of families with their kids. Energy level of the crowd was a bit lower than the Kansas game but still pretty good.

The pep band needs to work up a few new numbers. They have been doing the same stuff for years.

It was a pretty full house. Not a ton of students I'd say. A lot of families with their kids. Energy level of the crowd was a bit lower than the Kansas game but still pretty good.

The pep band needs to work up a few new numbers. They have been doing the same stuff for years.
I agree that it was a REALLY GOOD crowd with students not having tickets AND the Colts game going on at the same time. Hoosier Nation showed up and we cheered or asses off!

I agree that it was a REALLY GOOD crowd with students not having tickets AND the Colts game going on at the same time. Hoosier Nation showed up and we cheered or asses off!
I credit our fans a ton. We get terrific support for the on floor results the last 20 years.

Reactions: eddy4iu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT