ADVERTISEMENT

Mail in voting for thee......

I don't know the voting laws in Florida, so I'll take you at your word.

But I do know that Florida counted mail-in and absentee votes as they came in. They didn't wait until Trump was ahead and then start counting those votes, as in every other swing state except Ohio. And both Florida and Ohio reported results the night of the election. Not 5 days later.

If you are requesting a ballot, that is different than the state sending a ballot to an address that's on past registration records, but with no verification that the residence is valid or that the registered voter still lives there.

No offense but this is your worst post, at least in this thread...

"But I do know that Florida counted mail-in and absentee votes as they came in. They didn't wait until Trump was ahead and then start counting those votes, as in every other swing state except Ohio. And both Florida and Ohio reported results the night of the election. Not 5 days later."

You think those archaic rules about not counting votes early were even supported by Dems? ALL of the Dem Governors in those swing states tried to get the same voting procedures (that FL and OH) enacted in their states and in EVERY case the GOP Legislatures (because of pressure from Trump) were adamant in not allowing that to happen...

Two reasons- entrenched gerrymandered Legislators bitterly opposed to Governors elected by the majority of the citizens in their states. Talking primarily PA,MI and WI here, but also NC where Legislators only represent THEIR District, not the majority of citizens statewide...

But more importantly Trump wanted the chaos, and the illusion he was "winning"...
When you can't get above 45% in any reputable poll, then you know you can NOT win an election if everyone votes. It's the height of devious hypocrisy to put measures in place that you know will create a false scenario and then use that false scenario you deliberately created to justify your claims of voter fraud and unfair elections...

Trump wanted to have stupid people believe his claims that votes should not be counted AFTER election day, conveniently ignoring the fact that these were votes from people who actually voted BEFORE election day. You're really aligning yourself with some pretty naive and gullible people here, people who are actually on video claiming only ballots counted on election day are legitimate.

Here is the situation in PA, but it was basically the same in WI and MI as well... From Oct 25...

"Negotiations between the Republican-led legislature and Gov. Tom Wolf to let counties begin opening mail ballots in Pennsylvania before Election Day appeared to collapse Wednesday, setting up a potential nightmare scenario that some fear could leave the state counting millions of ballots for days after Nov. 3.

The Democratic governor and legislative leaders had been negotiating behind closed doors as recently as Tuesday to change the election code after months of inaction. But the General Assembly adjourned Wednesday and is not scheduled to reconvene until Nov. 10, a week after the election.

In adjourning, Republicans turned away pleas from county elections officials across the state, who said allowing them to open ballots before Election Day would reduce the staffing strain and administrative headaches on top of whatever issues they’re dealing with during in-person voting."

Without a deal, the days-long process of counting mail ballots can’t begin until 7 a.m. on Election Day, potentially leaving the results unclear for days and opening room for candidates to falsely declare victory.

The Blue above is exactly what Trump WANTED...

But that’s not the way it works. You must be a registered voter, meaning you have already gone through a verification process. And you request a ballot, and at that time verify your specifics. if it isn’t secure (it is) let’s get rid of it entirely. Because this idea that it’s OK for the military and people over age 65 is bullshit. If it isn’t secure it shouldn’t be used for anyone.
During the Civil War, Lincoln arranged for frontline soldiers to get leaves so they could travel home by rail and vote in person in the 1864 election. I'll bet he had an idea who those soldiers were going to vote for.

Many states, including Pennsylvania, requested that they be able to count mail-in and absentee votes as they came in and not wait. They KNEW that early /interim vote counts would be deceptive, otherwise.

Such requests were repeated denied by Republican lawmakers, who knew that the in-person voting would be skewed towards Trump and so any deviation from the early percentages could be, with a seemingly straight face, blamed on fraud.

It was a strategy. You were duped by it, rube.
Let's see the proof of this.

No offense but this is your worst post, at least in this thread...

"But I do know that Florida counted mail-in and absentee votes as they came in. They didn't wait until Trump was ahead and then start counting those votes, as in every other swing state except Ohio. And both Florida and Ohio reported results the night of the election. Not 5 days later."

You think those archaic rules about not counting votes early were even supported by Dems? ALL of the Dem Governors in those swing states tried to get the same voting procedures (that FL and OH) enacted in their states and in EVERY case the GOP Legislatures (because of pressure from Trump) were adamant in not allowing that to happen...

Two reasons- entrenched gerrymandered Legislators bitterly opposed to Governors elected by the majority of the citizens in their states. Talking primarily PA,MI and WI here, but also NC where Legislators only represent THEIR District, not the majority of citizens statewide...

But more importantly Trump wanted the chaos, and the illusion he was "winning"...
When you can't get above 45% in any reputable poll, then you know you can NOT win an election if everyone votes. It's the height of devious hypocrisy to put measures in place that you know will create a false scenario and then use that false scenario you deliberately created to justify your claims of voter fraud and unfair elections...

Trump wanted to have stupid people believe his claims that votes should not be counted AFTER election day, conveniently ignoring the fact that these were votes from people who actually voted BEFORE election day. You're really aligning yourself with some pretty naive and gullible people here, people who are actually on video claiming only ballots counted on election day are legitimate.

Here is the situation in PA, but it was basically the same in WI and MI as well... From Oct 25...

"Negotiations between the Republican-led legislature and Gov. Tom Wolf to let counties begin opening mail ballots in Pennsylvania before Election Day appeared to collapse Wednesday, setting up a potential nightmare scenario that some fear could leave the state counting millions of ballots for days after Nov. 3.

The Democratic governor and legislative leaders had been negotiating behind closed doors as recently as Tuesday to change the election code after months of inaction. But the General Assembly adjourned Wednesday and is not scheduled to reconvene until Nov. 10, a week after the election.

In adjourning, Republicans turned away pleas from county elections officials across the state, who said allowing them to open ballots before Election Day would reduce the staffing strain and administrative headaches on top of whatever issues they’re dealing with during in-person voting."

Without a deal, the days-long process of counting mail ballots can’t begin until 7 a.m. on Election Day, potentially leaving the results unclear for days and opening room for candidates to falsely declare victory.

The Blue above is exactly what Trump WANTED...
You can only offend me if I take you seriously. I don't, so no worries.

You win the award for most words/paste in a post without actually making a point.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Wow a real sign of maturity changing a post and reposting.You want me to do it for you? How is kindergarten today dumbass? We can agree that you are an idiot, but hey keep doing what you need to do to give your life meaning. You never answered my question would you know a hickory tree or hickory nut if it hit you?
The village idiot hasn't progressed past his 5th grade humor stage. Notice how he's always talking about someone's ass?

Just ignore the fool.

Reactions: Crayfish57
cosmic kid's post, #83.

It was widely covered, before election day and while it was going on, that early vote totals in many states would be deceptive, depending on what types of votes were allowed to be counted, when.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You can only offend me if I take you seriously. I don't, so no worries.

You win the award for most words/paste in a post without actually making a point.

Actually, I posted conclusive proof of what you asked OS to prove... Again...

The village idiot hasn't progressed past his 5th grade humor stage. Notice how he's always talking about someone's ass?

Just ignore the fool.
An ignorant fool doesnt change my day by any means. I am always curious though just what makes people like iuhickory's mind be so messed up? Is he truly a child or just trying to be one. I actually enjoy engaging people with low IQ's like him and making them look foolish. It is so easy to do!

Reactions: DANC
cosmic kid's post, #83.

It was widely covered, before election day and while it was going on, that early vote totals in many states would be deceptive, depending on what types of votes were allowed to be counted, when.

There was even a name for it- The Red (as in Trump GOP) Mirage. Again this is BEFORE the election...

"Known as the “red mirage”, the scenario could develop if Trump appears to be leading in the presidential race late on election night and declares victory before all the votes are counted.

The red mirage “sounds like a super-villain, and it’s just as insidious”, the former Obama administration housing secretary Julían Castro says in a video recorded as a public service announcement to voters this week.

“On election night, there’s a real possibility that the data will show Republicans leading early, before all the votes are counted. Then they can pretend something sinister’s going on when the counts change in Democrats’ favor.”

In the scenario, Trump’s declaration of victory is echoed on the conservative TV network Fox News and by powerful Republicans across the US. By the time final returns show that in fact Joe Biden has won the presidency, perhaps days later, the true election result has been dragged into a maelstrom of disinformation and chaos.

To some officials, the scenario is too realistic for words. A potential multi-day delay in counting votes is anticipated in Philadelphia, whose mostly Democratic votes are crucial for Biden to win in Pennsylvania, currently the state the quants see as most likely to tip the election one way or the other.

After counting only 6,000 absentee ballots in the 2016 election, the city of Philadelphia, where Democrats outnumber Republicans seven to one, expects to receive and count as many as 400,000 mail-in ballots this year, with the coronavirus pandemic raging."

Amazing, and a huge indicator of Trump's predictability and deviousness that Dems were prepared for his shenanigans even before he attempted them. They probably didn't know he was crazy enough to stoop to inciting an attempted insurrection, but they knew he was ruthless and obsessed with preserving power and authority at any cost...

Reactions: outside shooter
An ignorant fool doesnt change my day by any means. I am always curious though just what makes people like iuhickory's mind be so messed up? Is he truly a child or just trying to be one. I actually enjoy engaging people with low IQ's like him and making them look foolish. It is so easy to do!
"ignorant fool"
"mind be so messed up"
"truly a child"
"Low IQ's"
"making them look foolish"

We sure as hell didn't. How long did it take Obama to get the website running for his grand healthcare plan that screwed us all over anyway? I remember a clip from Holmes on Homes , some remodeling show and he said the first thing you always want to do is check with the government(granted it is from Canada). That is the last thing you want to do because the Government can screw more things up faster than the entirety of the rest of businesses put together

When it comes to voting, aren't we talking about 50 state governments ?

Seems like, given the law of averages, some states would come up with a workable system which then can be shared by others. Isn't this supposed to be one of the advantages of federalism ?

In addition many, if not all, states would undoubtedly rely on private businesses to assist in the design and administration of say a mail-in system.

Finally if we had started to make voting easier long before this, workable anti-fraud systems would be in place by now, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

cosmic kid's post, #83.

If it was so widely covered, you should have no problem providing proof.

Actually, I posted conclusive proof of what you asked OS to prove... Again...

That said talks collapsed between a GOP legislature and a Democrat governor.

How is that the Republicans' fault?

Seems like, given the law of averages, some states would come up with a workable system which then can be shared by others. Isn't this supposed to be one of the advantages of federalism ?

In addition many, if not all, states would undoubtedly rely on private businesses to assist in the design and administration of say a mail-in system.

Finally if we had started to make voting easier long before this, workable anti-fraud systems would be in place by now, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Florida went from one of the worst-run elections to one of the best and most efficient.

Other states can start by emulating them.

If it was so widely covered, you should have no problem providing proof.
google
red mirage election scenario

You will see dozens or articles written BEFORE election day describing the issue, including those already provided by cosmic kid.

Do you accept that the sky appears to be blue?

Reactions: cosmickid
Florida went from one of the worst-run elections to one of the best and most efficient.

It is up to the STATES to decide what they emulate. That's how state's rights works, and its a long-held mainstay of conservative politics. It cannot be ENFORCED by Federal statute, or the very concept is made null and void.

It would be nice if there was a secure way to vote online. Not sure how they would work verifying the person and keeping hackers at bay. Maybe vote online, print your vote and mail-in with confirmation that they could use to verify votes as needed. That would minimize the ability of suppressing the vote through less polling stations or what not.

The only reason fraud is being discussed this time is due to a sore loser trying to claim it happened. I've yet to see any proof of fraud, which has turned into not liking how other states made last minute changes (even though some GOP states made the same last minute changes and claim there is nothing to worry about with their state) rather than actually claiming a bunch of invalid votes occurred.

talks collapsed between a GOP legislature and a Democrat governor.

How is that the Republicans' fault?
Because the Republicans were warned by local precincts & the governor what the outcome would be: a huge delay in vote counting. The Republicans decided that such a delay would fit their agenda quite nicely.

This isn't hard, for anyone except you, apparently.

google
red mirage election scenario

You will see dozens or articles written BEFORE election day describing the issue, including those already provided by cosmic kid.

Do you accept that the sky appears to be blue?
I'm not interested in perusing liberal rags. Just present the evidence.

Because the Republicans were warned by local precincts & the governor what the outcome would be: a huge delay in vote counting. The Republicans decided that such a delay would fit their agenda quite nicely.

This isn't hard, for anyone except you, apparently.
So present evidence the governor was for counting them as they came iin.

Should be easy, but you've produced nothing so far.

It is up to the STATES to decide what they emulate. That's how state's rights works, and its a long-held mainstay of conservative politics. It cannot be ENFORCED by Federal statute, or the very concept is made null and void.
No shit. I was just replying to another poster.

What do you think you're adding to it? No one said the federal government could enforce it.

Here is an article in August stating what the Pennsylvania Democrat governor wanted.

Obviously the GOP state lawmakers didn't allow it.

Here is an article in August stating what the Pennsylvania Democrat governor wanted.

Obviously the GOP state lawmakers didn't allow it.
No, what they didn't want was for votes to be counted that arrived after election day, if you could read your own linked article.

"In part, Wolf called for lawmakers to allow counties to begin processing mail-in ballots three weeks before the election and to require them to count ballots that arrive up to three days after the Nov. 3 election."

Eventually, there was a law that said votes arriving after election day couln't be counted. The Secretary of State arbitrarily allowed those votes to be counted. A suit was filed in the Supreme Court and one of the Supremes ordered those votes to be set aside and not counted in the vote.

That order was ignored.

But kudos to you for learning how to cut and paste. That's more than your fellow idiot, Outside Shitter, seems to be able to do.

No, what they didn't want was for votes to be counted that arrived after election day, if you could read your own linked article.

"In part, Wolf called for lawmakers to allow counties to begin processing mail-in ballots three weeks before the election and to require them to count ballots that arrive up to three days after the Nov. 3 election."

Eventually, there was a law that said votes arriving after election day couln't be counted. The Secretary of State arbitrarily allowed those votes to be counted. A suit was filed in the Supreme Court and one of the Supremes ordered those votes to be set aside and not counted in the vote.

That order was ignored.

But kudos to you for learning how to cut and paste. That's more than your fellow idiot, Outside Shitter, seems to be able to do.

It was also about being able to start counting early but obviously reading isn't your forte.

Reactions: outside shooter
It was also about being able to start counting early but obviously reading isn't your forte.
That's all you can focus on. You can't see that there has to be agreement between the governor and GOP.

Just stop and let the adults discuss it.

Nothing like the national embarrassment of a few hanging chads to make state officials come to their senses.

Nothing like the national embarrassment of a few hanging chads to make state officials come to their senses.

have you seen FL's Unemployment Assistance system? I believe they are still trying to get applicants signed up from last April.

Another unspoken source of problems is that (to my knowledge) no state runs its elections with a fulltime team of electional professionals. Instead, states run elections on the cheap, predominantly using minimum-wage temps, retirees, student volunteers, out-dated equipment etc. As cheap as computerization has become, I hope this changes.

Another unspoken source of problems is that (to my knowledge) no state runs its elections with a fulltime team of electional professionals. Instead, states run elections on the cheap, predominantly using minimum-wage temps, retirees, student volunteers, out-dated equipment etc. As cheap as computerization has become, I hope this changes.
And volunteers. Lots of them. I guess some may be paid, but not much.

I agree - our elections should be run professionally. Not by part-timers. It's really a national embarrassment. I get asked all the time by some of my foreign friends why we can't hold a scandal-free election.

The difference is that in absentee voting, you have to ask for a ballot and are then verified as a registered voter.

In the way mail-in voting was handled in the US, ballots were sent out to addresses, unasked, that were not verified. Anyone could fill them in who was a resident at that location.

They both use the US mail, which may contribute to the confusion.
There are only 9 states that send ballots out to REGISTERED voters. Sure you might have a few here and there where the person has moved or forgot to update their address, but it will never be enough to amount to overturning an election. And that was proved this past election since we didn't have duplicate ballots where the registered mail-in ballot was counted and the person then showed up to vote in person and voted again.

And volunteers. Lots of them. I guess some may be paid, but not much.

I agree - our elections should be run professionally. Not by part-timers. It's really a national embarrassment. I get asked all the time by some of my foreign friends why we can't hold a scandal-free election.
THERE WERE NO SCANDALS IN THE 2020 ELECTION EXCEPT FOR THE BIG LIE POST ELECTION TOLD BY TRUMP, RIGHT WING MEDIA OUTLETS, AND A FAIR NUMBER OF MEMBERS OF REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS. THAT IS A FACT AND IT CAN’T BE REFUTED WITH CREDIBLE EVIDENCE SINCE THERE IS NONE.

• Haha
There are only 9 states that send ballots out to REGISTERED voters. Sure you might have a few here and there where the person has moved or forgot to update their address, but it will never be enough to amount to overturning an election. And that was proved this past election since we didn't have duplicate ballots where the registered mail-in ballot was counted and the person then showed up to vote in person and voted again.

THERE WERE NO SCANDALS IN THE 2020 ELECTION EXCEPT FOR THE BIG LIE POST ELECTION TOLD BY TRUMP, RIGHT WING MEDIA OUTLETS, AND A FAIR NUMBER OF MEMBERS OF REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS. THAT IS A FACT AND IT CAN’T BE REFUTED WITH CREDIBLE EVIDENCE SINCE THERE IS NONE.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING? No it isnt a fact but keep telling yourself it is

I know you won't believe any of it, but here are some reasons it's clear there was voting fraud going on.

Or how mail-in voter fraud happens:

Happy reading.

And yet, when it was time to show evidence to over 60 judges, many that had been placed on the bench by Trump,

All of those people with all of those so-called 1st hand accounts of fraud...

Simply disappeared.

Like a FART IN THE WIND!

It's a miracle!

Yes, a miracle, when you swear to tell the judge the truth and then all you have is....

CRICKETS CHIRPING.

And yet, when it was time to show evidence to over 60 judges, many that had been placed on the bench by Trump,

Simply disappeared.

Like a FART IN THE WIND!

It's a miracle!

Yes, a miracle, when you swear to tell the judge the truth and then all you have is....

CRICKETS CHIRPING.
Didn't disappear - the courts wouldn't even hear the evidence. Can't prove anything if it doesn't go to court.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Didn't disappear - the courts wouldn't even hear the evidence. Can't prove anything if it doesn't go to court.
No.. a fart in the wind!

Judge: you are claiming that no poll observers were allowed in the room?
Lawyer: No, your honor. A nonzero number of observers were present.
Judge: then... why are we here?
Lawyer: [crickets chirp]

Simply disappeared.

Like a FART IN THE WIND!

It's a miracle!

CRICKETS CHIRPING.
Misrepresent the facts much?
Oh wait, I know the answer...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT