ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Gone

Reactions: Willdog7
Don't understand why Gunn would leave. He'll get his chance next year as a sophomore.
It would be because he’ll get his chance next year as a sophomore at another school in a happier environment for him personally. Maybe he’s afraid the AH rims have him snake-bit.

It would be because he’ll get his chance next year as a sophomore at another school in a happier environment for him personally. Maybe he’s afraid the AH rims have him snake-bit.
Like vic said earlier. I could see Xavier or Cincinnati. I'd imagine Louisville would even take him. I think Xavier would be rhe spot to be. Miller would have him playing well there.

I could see JG LEAVING.
a lot of folks say that, but to me, of any of the kids folks are mentioning possibly leaving, JG has to look at himself. No one got more opportunities, including starting a few games, and obviously wasn't doing what the Coach wanted. But, while guys like Dunscomb, Leal, Gunn and even Banks could say they didn't get much of a chance and not many minutes, I felt Coach kept trying to get JG in games. He needs to look at his play. I would understand if he wants a fresh start, but I also think Coach gave him many opportunities. At some point you have to stop making freshman mistakes.

Like vic said earlier. I could see Xavier or Cincinnati. I'd imagine Louisville would even take him. I think Xavier would be rhe spot to be. Miller would have him playing well there.
Aren't those two Big East schools and ACC? He's gonna have the same issue there. I'd say back it down a notch competition-wise: Ohio, Miami, Kent St, Toledo, etc...

Despite his shooting, I did like how Gunn looked on the floor, especially defensively, but he also brought energy. His shooting was horrid, and he was trying to hard when he got in, but I did hope he'd get some minutes after X went down, especially as Bates continued to struggle.

Despite his shooting, I did like how Gunn looked on the floor, especially defensively, but he also brought energy. His shooting was horrid, and he was trying to hard when he got in, but I did hope he'd get some minutes after X went down, especially as Bates continued to struggle.
I like Gunn, too, and hope he stays, but I can understand him taking his artillery to a different shooting range. Human nature craves instant gratification in a fast paced world filled with impatience. The new transfer portal rule magnifies the impatience, aided by NIL bidding. We’re seeing on the tournament stage today that you don’t necessarily have to go to an “elite” school to find national success.

in a happier environment for him personally.

How can you possibly know what his environment was at IU? Happy or not.
It would seem to me that a LOT of minutes were available to him next year but I do not know how the conversation between him and CMW went or if there was even a conversation.

How can you possibly know what his environment was at IU? Happy or not.
It would seem to me that a LOT of minutes were available to him next year but I do not know how the conversation between him and CMW went or if there was even a conversation.
It was just conjecture on my part. Gunn is more likely to stay than Geronimo, whose body language suggested an attitude of disgruntlement during a recent timeout. He could still have 2 years with the Covid grace period, motivationally willed. I think during his 3 years I only averaged about one boisterous “GERONIMO!” per year. I thought it would have been more by his junior season. At this point, I may have to watch an old cowboys and Indians movie to ever hear the renegade yell again.

I like Gunn, too, and hope he stays, but I can understand him taking his artillery to a different shooting range. Human nature craves instant gratification in a fast paced world filled with impatience. The new transfer portal rule magnifies the impatience, aided by NIL bidding. We’re seeing on the tournament stage today that you don’t necessarily have to go to an “elite” school to find national success.
Honestly? I can't. He was the least heralded freshmen coming in to a veteran team, and one of his classmates likely to gobble up even more minutes in the backcourt. That doesn't spell major minutes. Frankly, what it would used to have spelled was R-E-D-S-H-I-R-T.

Moeller's got 2 kids in the NBA right now, the hell are you talking about?
Honestly, and I'm not a recruitnik and don't watch a ton of film, but the highlights I did see of Logan from HS were pretty much exactly as described: 6'(ish) white kids. I was kind of surprised actually and he did play at a high AAU level, but it didn't surprise me at all that it was going to take a year or 2 to be ready. Actually was pleasantly surprised by the comments from the other players over the summer about how much strength he had gained.

I don't think Gunn is going anywhere. Despite his sub 20% 3pt mark, he can shoot and he can put it on the floor. His Dad is all bought in on IU Hoops, so I doubt there's pressure from home. I hope he stays and works his butt for another summer. He's one of the few guys on the roster this year that fits the template for what Woody wants in a player.

Honestly, and I'm not a recruitnik and don't watch a ton of film, but the highlights I did see of Logan from HS were pretty much exactly as described: 6'(ish) white kids. I was kind of surprised actually and he did play at a high AAU level, but it didn't surprise me at all that it was going to take a year or 2 to be ready. Actually was pleasantly surprised by the comments from the other players over the summer about how much strength he had gained.
He was a sophomore on a team that had two future NBA players on it. Elder, La Salle, and St. X are three opponents and even if they play each of them twice it accounts for just about a quarter of their schedule. And St. Xavier has a good basketball program.

For some perspective, during Duncomb's senior year his team lost 58-57 in OT to Lawrence North who was the Indiana State runner up in 4A, they beat Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary with Malaki Branham and Sencire Harris (LeBron's high school), and beat Centerville (Cupps team as a sophomore) in the regular season by 13 points but later lost to them in the regional final. Centerville went on to win the state finals that year and won 30+ consecutive games and was a top 10 team in the country at one point. Moeller was the last team to beat Centerville until they lost in last years state finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
He was a sophomore on a team that had two future NBA players on it. Elder, La Salle, and St. X are three opponents and even if they play each of them twice it accounts for just about a quarter of their schedule. And St. Xavier has a good basketball program.

For some perspective, during Duncomb's senior year his team lost 58-57 in OT to Lawrence North who was the Indiana State runner up in 4A, they beat Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary with Malaki Branham and Sencire Harris (LeBron's high school), and beat Centerville (Cupps team as a sophomore) in the regular season by 13 points but later lost to them in the regional final. Centerville went on to win the state finals that year and won 30+ consecutive games and was a top 10 team in the country at one point. Moeller was the last team to beat Centerville until they lost in last years state finals.
To further expand, Moeller played in a holiday tournament down in Myrtle Beach. Team lost 53-50 to Calvary Christian FL. Calvary featured 5* Marvell Allen and Central Florida's Taylor Hendricks who is a projected top 15 pick in this years draft. Moeller then beat Bishop McLaughlin FL who featured Emmanuel Sharp who is playing at Houston and recorded a 14 and 10 double-double against 5* Dillon Mitchell now playing at Texas.

Duncomb played plenty of healthy competition at Moeller, unfortunately just couldn't get on the floor at IU playing behind an AA for two years who never came out of the game. Have to think his lingering sickness and overall health played a big part in his lack of on-court development.

Reactions: HillyardGates
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT