ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo’s Bag

First true center under Woody? Man, I don't know how long it's been since we had a guy like him who will rebound, protect the paint and physically intimidate other players. I don't feel like TJD was quite there in the intimidation category, even though he had the #s to suggest it. Thomas Bryant was good, but I think you maybe have to go back to a Benson, Big Mac, Downing or even Walt Bellamy? Dean Garrett was good, but again, don't feel like he was physically imposing like Ballo is. And, Uwe had the size, but not the swagger. Who am I forgetting?

He's a beast, no doubt. As good as TJD's rebounding #s were his sr year, this guy's #s per minutes played are markedly better. Bellamy was just a little before my time and put up some bigger #s per game.....17.8 his last year.....but scoring and rebounding #s were higher in the late '50s/early '60s. They didn't keep minutes played in Bellamy's time, but my guess is that the two were approximately equal in terms of dominance when it comes to rebounding, when the #s are adjusted for the different eras.

All that said, I think some folks on here are underestimating the impact a solid 4/borderline 5 back-up could have on our relative success/failure next year, and the attractiveness of that spot to potential recruits. Bello's averaged about 27M/game the last two years. He may also be a situation sub in/out the last few minutes of games with his foul shooting issues. MR, with his likely foul trouble, may get about 30M. Both may be gone next year. We have something to sell there. Woodson needs to get it done. No excuses.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
If

Of course, this is my own opinion, but if you want to earn what you are worth, find a professional league to play in - but protect the amateur status of the game. Again, if a player can't stomach that - either don't play or find a pro league. Even in professional golf, greed has destroyed the game and something will need to be addressed fairly quickly and so acknowledged by most involved. Those that have cashed out certainly don't seem like they have the drive they once did.

I have zero desire to see free agency in college sports. It cheapens success and cheats those who are truly loyal.
It’s never been amateur. It’s been a billion dollar business for decades. The problem is the actual players assumed most of the risk and these athletic departments etc..still made all the money.

I don't have a ton of concern. But will be even more satisfying to have continued success without having to buy a program. It won't be easy, but then again Kentucky's loaded talent approach has been a failure. Indiana has demonstrated the ultimate failure, imo. They haven't been able to build a sustainable program in almost 3 decades, didn't recruit anybody and has resorted to purchasing an off the shelf product. It's not something I'd be particularly proud of. Hard work is a thing of the past - our kids don't know how to build things anymore, become loyal, create a culture; they just use daddy's money to buy what they want. It's not just college basketball - ask most professionals who are mentoring young people in their new professions. They want it all now without being willing to learn or work.
Your sound logic is why Purdue has zero titles and IU has 5. You keep crying and let's see how things transpire in West Lafayette.

Old people complaining about young people. Happens every generation. Lame.

Lurch is gone. Purdue will either play the NIL game or struggle. Players will not forgo material amounts of money to go to West Lafayette.
And the really laughable thing is that wasn't I hearing that Edey got a 7 figure deal last year to come back? Hint to the Boilers: he was your team, and with that and other deals, it probably put Purdue near the top 10 in NIL last year, so save your sanctimony.

Your sound logic is why Purdue has zero titles and IU has 5. You keep crying and let's see how things transpire in West Lafayette.
You should see the hyperbole being spun by them. Wait until one of those 4* guys gets offers that Purdue can’t match. I still think panter is will adapt but he’s not going to build like a UK , Duke and now Arkansas etc…this is a study in real time. The B1G has added some elite guards this year already.

Reactions: nichlee and YOTHN
You should see the hyperbole being spun by them. Wait until one of those 4* guys gets offers that Purdue can’t match. I still think panter is will adapt but he’s not going to build like a UK , Duke and now Arkansas etc…this is a study in real time. The B1G has added some elite guards this year already.
Yeah, it's not a slant on Painter. He's a great coach and will find a way to keep PU relevant. It's his school's lack of NIL that could be what handicaps him though.

Yeah, it's not a slant on Painter. He's a great coach and will find a way to keep PU relevant. It's his school's lack of NIL that could be what handicaps him though.
They could have the resources but the conservative majority will probably hurt. Will be interesting to see how good they will be.

Broke ass second rate program ...

The Simon's own the Pacers AND the Hoosiers. It's already happening.
I think you’re right and said so during the season. I hope this turns out well, but their Pacer ownership era hasn’t been great, yet. Maybe this year. And maybe next year for our Hoosiers.

And the really laughable thing is that wasn't I hearing that Edey got a 7 figure deal last year to come back? Hint to the Boilers: he was your team, and with that and other deals, it probably put Purdue near the top 10 in NIL last year, so save your sanctimony.
At least Edey was identified, recruited and developed. Cherry picking developed talent for money is just lazy. Shooting fish in a barrel. But when you don’t know how to build something, but want something, you ultimately have to resort to buying it. My restored Chevy means a lot more to me because of the work I put into it than if I bought it from someone who did the restoration.

• Haha
Reactions: nichlee
At least Edey was identified, recruited and developed. Cherry picking developed talent for money is just lazy. Shooting fish in a barrel. But when you don’t know how to build something, but want something, you ultimately have to resort to buying it. My restored Chevy means a lot more to me because of the work I put into it than if I bought it from someone who did the restoration.
Broke ass MF supports a broke ass second tier program ...

Last edited:
So you think Ware was developed when he arrived? Check his OR #s and this past year, and get back to me. MR, who CMW recruited, has developed a ton, as did TJD. And JHS, who no one expected to be a 1 and done, developed so much over the course of 1 year that he was able to be drafted. You remember JHS right? I mean, I think your team played no small part in helping him get drafted at the tail end of the lottery, so he owes your team a big thank you!

why don't you go jump in your piece of shit chevy and drive yourself the **** out of here.

How long until schoolsl are directly aligned with NBA teams?

You know, like a farm system.
How long will the little-guys alumni continue to make financial contributions to school athletic departments for the ultimate purpose of playing players and coaches salaries?

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT