ADVERTISEMENT

List of 2019 Targets

I haven’t seen whatever gives him such confidence the little guy is a solid hire. Clear enough?
Hopefully your little guy slight was due to your being in a bad mood about something at home or work. I’m 6 ft but don’t need to call people with glasses four eyes. Criticize his b-ball IQ, recruiting ability, etc. But his height? Really?

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be.:

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, Va. 2019 HG recruit (decommit from VT)

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

Utomi committed to USC.

I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, Va. 2019 HG recruit (decommit from VT)

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.
Utomi to USC announced yesterday

Hopefully your little guy slight was due to your being in a bad mood about something at home or work. I’m 6 ft but don’t need to call people with glasses four eyes. Criticize his b-ball IQ, recruiting ability, etc. But his height? Really?
Well that would be as weird as making fun of someone for their pants not fitting perfectly, having an odd choice of spray tan, clapping, or drinking an odd colored drink!!!

According to the rankings, here are the best SG transfers left and are immediately eligible. Pick two and get them on campus for a visit.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

6. Admon Gilder, 6-4, 199 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Texas A&M
Missed this past season with an injury, but was a productive all-around player for Texas A&M in 2017-18. Averaged 12.3 points and 4.1 rebounds and shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range.

7. Christian Keeling, 6-4, 175 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Charleston Southern
Has visits lined up to Georgia Tech and Clemson and is expected to meet with North Carolina. Averaged 18.7 points and 6.9 rebounds and shot 38.0 percent from 3.

17. Camron Justice, 6-3, 180 pounds, SG, RS Jr., IUPUI
The former Vanderbilt guard had a breakout season during his one year with the Jaguars. He averaged 18.6 points and shot 35.2 percent from 3.

19. Jaevin Cumberland, 6-3, 185 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Oakland
The cousin of Cincinnati guard Jarron Cumberland is a big-time backcourt scorer. Averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 assists and shot 39.9 percent from 3.

28. Jake Toolson, 6-5, 205 pounds, SG, RS Jr., Utah Valley
Toolson started his career at BYU and could end it there, after Mark Pope left Utah Valley to become the head coach at BYU. Averaged 15.7 points and shot 44.8 percent from 3.

Reactions: kkott
According to the rankings, here are the best SG transfers left and are immediately eligible. Pick two and get them on campus for a visit.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Missed this past season with an injury, but was a productive all-around player for Texas A&M in 2017-18. Averaged 12.3 points and 4.1 rebounds and shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range.

Has visits lined up to Georgia Tech and Clemson and is expected to meet with North Carolina. Averaged 18.7 points and 6.9 rebounds and shot 38.0 percent from 3.

The former Vanderbilt guard had a breakout season during his one year with the Jaguars. He averaged 18.6 points and shot 35.2 percent from 3.

The cousin of Cincinnati guard Jarron Cumberland is a big-time backcourt scorer. Averaged 17.2 points and 3.5 assists and shot 39.9 percent from 3.

Toolson started his career at BYU and could end it there, after Mark Pope left Utah Valley to become the head coach at BYU. Averaged 15.7 points and shot 44.8 percent from 3.

Didn’t Fitzner shoot ~40% from 3 before transferring to IU? That translated to what, 12% for IU? I could understand Archie being a little hesitant.

1. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

2. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

3. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

4. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

5. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, Va. 2019 HG recruit (decommit from VT)

Harris taken off the list........if anyone is aware of IU interest on any other '19s, let me know....the list is getting short.

What in the world is Archie waiting for? He is wasting his time on these last high schoold guys we are not going to get and the grad transfers are going to other schools. He should have been on some of these guys weeks ago. I am left scratching my head on Archie right now.

Reactions: IULouie
What in the world is Archie waiting for? He is wasting his time on these last high schoold guys we are not going to get and the grad transfers are going to other schools. He should have been on some of these guys weeks ago. I am left scratching my head on Archie right now.
And how do you know this? How do you know who Archie is targeting right now? Are you going on recruiting trips with him?

And how do you know this? How do you know who Archie is targeting right now? Are you going on recruiting trips with him?
It is pretty simple in this day and age with social media the players announce where they are visiting and who is contacting them all of the time. I guess Archie was have it on the real down loan under the radar then.

It is pretty simple in this day and age with social media the players announce where they are visiting and who is contacting them all of the time. I guess Archie was have it on the real down loan under the radar then.
Look... all I'm saying is that you really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. That's why it's called "behind the scenes." Additionally, I have no clue what "the real down loan" is. Are you stating that Archie is borrowing money so he can buy a goose feathered pillow?

3pt shooters available:
6'2" Jr. Jaylen Fisher - TCU 45% 3pt
6'5" Jr. Rayjon Tucker - Little Rock - 41% 3pt
Hauser Brothers - Marquette, both over 40% 3pt
6'5" Jaylen Windham - Ind. Ben Davis HS

Last edited:

I have to agree........I get being all in on Watford, but I don't understand the late prioritizing of long shots like Lester & Harris when there were a good # of 1 year 3 pt shooters with game on the market (which is what we really need anyway).

3pt shooters available:
6'2" Jr. Jaylen Fisher - TCU 45% 3pt
6'5" Jr. Rayjon Tucker - Little Rock - 41% 3pt
Hauser Brothers - Marquette, both over 40% 3pt
6'5" Jaylen Windham - Ind. Ben Davis HS

The first two on the list are worth looking at the. The Hausers are visiting Virgina and likley going there or Michigan State. Windham well I guess but I highly doubt he sees the floor his first year.

The first two on the list are worth looking at the. The Hausers are visiting Virgina and likley going there or Michigan State. Windham well I guess but I highly doubt he sees the floor his first year.
If Windham can shoot like he did in HS he will see the floor. IU needs a 3pt threat to space the floor. If no change in perimeter shooting personnel I would expect a possible worse season next year. Teams will pack the paint all season and dare IU to shoot bricks from 3.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I have to agree........I get being all in on Watford, but I don't understand the late prioritizing of long shots like Lester & Harris when there were a good # of 1 year 3 pt shooters with game on the market (which is what we really need anyway).
Those really good 5th year guys are looking for one of 2 things - a last chance to be ‘the stud’ in hopes to play in the NBA - or have a shot at making a Final Four.

IU offers neither under Archie’s Hoosiers.

If Windham can shoot like he did in HS he will see the floor. IU needs a 3pt threat to space the floor. If no change in perimeter shooting personnel I would expect a possible worse season next year. Teams will pack the paint all season and dare IU to shoot bricks from 3.

Scratched Windham, as he's off to Creighton. No loss there, imo.

Archie was in the NE yesterday looking at 2020-21 prospects. Are we down to Lester & Watford for 2019?

Trendon’s decision date...
“If I don’t do it in like the next week, April 28th or April 30th then I will probably do it in the first week of May.” said Watford.

Lester Quinones will announce his decision on May 10th

Do you think the coaches know something? Does this seem odd that the coaches are visiting 2020 recruits at such a crucial time?

Trendon’s decision date...
“If I don’t do it in like the next week, April 28th or April 30th then I will probably do it in the first week of May.” said Watford.

Lester Quinones will announce his decision on May 10th

Do you think the coaches know something? Does this seem odd that the coaches are visiting 2020 recruits at such a crucial time?

I think they do know something. I think they know we're screwed for '19. At this point, it's probably too late to try to get involved with any grad transfer that could make a difference.

Trying to look on the bright side........maybe their lack of interest in grad transfers means that they are confident that Hunter will be able to come back strong in 2019-'20. Otherwise, it makes no sense, imo.

As far as looking at '20s & '21s......you gotta do it. Recruits in this area must be wined and dined 24/7 12 months of the year. You can't get behind in the 'love' you are showing.

I think they do know something. I think they know we're screwed for '19. At this point, it's probably too late to try to get involved with any grad transfer that could make a difference.

Trying to look on the bright side........maybe their lack of interest in grad transfers means that they are confident that Hunter will be able to come back strong in 2019-'20. Otherwise, it makes no sense, imo.

As far as looking at '20s & '21s......you gotta do it. Recruits in this area must be wined and dined 24/7 12 months of the year. You can't get behind in the 'love' you are showing.

Certainly starting to look like we are down to our last two recruits unless Archie is so under the radar recruiting grad transfers nobody knows.

Even if they are confident Hunter can come back his that is not a for sure thing and I would think you would be recruting a with a back up plan just in case. I was really expecting big off seaon moves and a shake up in the coach ing stafff with assistants. So far the off season has been a big dud.

I remember reading even from writers you will see big changes this offseason.

So here is the list as I understand it to be

1. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

2. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

Does anyone have a new list of Indiana targets for 2019? I think it’s great that we’re holding the two spots for Trenton and Lester, but what are our options if they commit elsewhere?

Does anyone have a new list of Indiana targets for 2019? I think it’s great that we’re holding the two spots for Trenton and Lester, but what are our options if they commit elsewhere?

I have no inside info.....however, I see nothing on transfers/HS recruits for '19 (other than Wat & LQ)....it sure appears that the staff is moving on to 2020 & '21.

I have no inside info.....however, I see nothing on transfers/HS recruits for '19 (other than Wat & LQ)....it sure appears that the staff is moving on to 2020 & '21.

We might be saving the two scholarships for the NCAA deadline on May 29 to see which player withdraw from the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT