ADVERTISEMENT

List of 2019 Targets

Let's be realistic... 3 of them are walk-ons. 2 of them got less than 60 minutes of playing time. That leaves the 3 with any significant playing time that are leaving. So stop the agenda driven spin.
dude - it was from the article...just facts...

You cant handle the truth?

"Believe what you want. I don't have time to reply to your childish insults anymore." fpeaugh

"It doesn't really matter to me what you think. I said last night that a decision was coming today and it was likely Archie. I don't know what else you want. It's a solid hire in my opinion." fpeaugh
I’ve said many times I was wrong.

It IS from the article but once again you are cherry picking stats/facts to bolster your argument that Archie isn't the guy.

wi-hoosier was ALSO stating the facts. Out of the players leaving the program, only three of them played any significant time.

Can you handle the truth?

Reactions: Chicaco1908
I’m sure it was the thrill of your trash life to type it. Back to the point, you’re f****** trash.
Take it easy Mrs Miller. Try to enjoy your $3.5M while you’re getting it. Maybe mix in an sedative if this stuff gets you so riled up.

You're an angry individual
Lol...it doesn't take anger to call out the stupid. You're obviously a weak minded socially constipated fool who has no problem making rationalized assumptions based on nothing but a lack of awareness.

Either that or you just like swinging off the board gimp's sack because that's what weak minded fools do. Swing away ...

Last edited:
My hope is that Archie is cautious with these 3 scholarships. Let's offer these to grad transfers that can help the team right away, incoming top 60 4 stars, and undergrad transfers that will be impact players once eligible. Don't waste these opportunities on projects, as any incoming player needs to be someone that IU knows can play now.

I'm thrilled that Archie did not oversign like Crean did virtually every year. IU has an opportunity to fill in the needs with good players this spring. Crean could not help himself, and rarely had available scholarships to use in the spring.

I'm firmly on the Archie bandwagon. He will get it done.
5 scholarships now. Bring Kira Lewis in!

I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be.:

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Harlond Beverly, 6'4" 170 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

8. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, 2019 HS decom from VT, originally offered by IU

9. Kira Lewis, 6'3" 170 lbs, Bama TR, sit 1, 3 yrs left

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

Derrick Smits (7'1", Valpo) is looking at the NBA, but could pull his name out. Any mention of what he plans to do? Would IU look at him if he comes back?

Derrick Smits (7'1", Valpo) is looking at the NBA, but could pull his name out. Any mention of what he plans to do? Would IU look at him if he comes back?

We weren't listed as interested in the Transfer Portal site (on 24/7). Whether that information is up to date is unknown.

Brunk is the Center we want. Let's just hope he wants us.

Reactions: IULouie
We weren't listed as interested in the Transfer Portal site (on 24/7). Whether that information is up to date is unknown.

Brunk is the Center we want. Let's just hope he wants us.
They show which schools players are considering transferring to like in HS recruiting? Where do you see that? When I look on there I only see that they're on the portal but not which schools they're looking at. Or I can look at their HS recruiting which may or may not reflect their interests now. So maybe I'm just not looking at the right pages on 247.

mmmmm maybe a bit premature taking Wat off the list?
I know people are counting us out for Watford, but there are certainly a lot of developments that make a hard push for him a good move for Archie.

I doubt Avenatti's claim that Zion received money is believed by anyone, but Duke is supposedly looking into it. Coaching changes with Alabama and whatever is going om at LSU is good for us. Memphis might have star power at the coaching position, but is it working?

I think we look pretty good in his final 5. It may be too late, but let's put on the full court press.

I don't care if it is from the article, your "sky is falling" statement was that he is losing 9 players (it's 8) and only has two commitments... my point is that of those 8, 3 of them are walk-ons. He can replace those at anytime, ANYTIME. And two of them were getting no playing time and would not be getting any playing time for the foreseeable future. So, what has really been lost is 3 guys that will be replaced with 2. Then there is still recruiting going on for the new development of the two transfers...those are just facts too.

From the roster consistency thread topic article:

Out of the 17 players on the 2018-19 roster, only 8 will be back next year. One of those eight is Jerome Hunter, who hasn’t played and no one seems to know for sure if he ever will.
So you want to play the “Glass is 1/2 empty” game, huh? Ok . . .

We lose:
Langford
Morgan

Those 2 are, obviously, the biggest losses.

Fitzner graduates

Moore and Forrester (who COMBINED for a total of 118 minutes) will transfer. How insignificant are those transfers? It should tell you something that Race Thompson in 9 games played more minutes (63) than either Moore (62 in 15 games) or Forrester (56 in 13 games).

Trayce Jackson-Davis and Armaan Franklin are coming in. And, btw, no one is sure Hunter WON’T play.

We lose 4 walk-ons (3 graduate; 1 transfer)

We already have taken on a walk-on (Childress).

Still have 3 open scholarships. Brunk is likely (post depth). Longshot to get Watford, but still in conversation.

And you’re having a meltdown? Really?

tenor.gif

We lose:
Langford
Morgan

Fitzner graduates

Moore and Forrester (who COMBINED for a total of 118 minutes) will transfer. How insignificant are those transfers? It should tell you something that Race Thompson in 9 games played more minutes (63) than either Moore (62 in 15 games) or Forrester (56 in 13 games).

Trayce Jackson-Davis and Armaan Franklin are coming in. And, btw, no one is sure Hunter WON’T play.

Still have 3 open scholarships. Brunk is likely (post depth). Longshot to get Watford, but still in conversation.

I posted this in another thread where they were saying the same thing. They count Hunter as not playing again even though it's just speculation and not based on fact.

Outgoing (8):
Player GamesPlayed / Minutes / MinutesperGame / PointsPerGame
Morgan (Scholarship/Grad) 35 / 1044 / 29.8 / 15.5
Fitzner (S/G) 31 / 356 / 11.5 / 3.5
Langford (S/Draft) 32 / 1091 / 34.1 / 16.5
Forrester (S/Transfer) 13 / 56 / 4.3 / 2.1
Moore (S/T) 15 / 62 / 4.1 / 1.3
McRoberts (Walk-on/G) 26 / 357 / 13.7 / 0.8
Taylor (W/G) 7 / 10 / 1.4 / 0.0
Blackmon (W/T) 7 / 13 / 1.9 / 1.0

Incoming (3):
Jackson-Davis (S) 5* Rank: 18 (247 composite)
Franklin (S) 3* 156
Childress (W) NR

I posted this in another thread where they were saying the same thing. They count Hunter as not playing again even though it's just speculation and not based on fact.

Outgoing (8):
Player GamesPlayed / Minutes / MinutesperGame / PointsPerGame
Morgan (Scholarship/Grad) 35 / 1044 / 29.8 / 15.5
Fitzner (S/G) 31 / 356 / 11.5 / 3.5
Langford (S/Draft) 32 / 1091 / 34.1 / 16.5
Forrester (S/Transfer) 13 / 56 / 4.3 / 2.1
Moore (S/T) 15 / 62 / 4.1 / 1.3
McRoberts (Walk-on/G) 26 / 357 / 13.7 / 0.8
Taylor (W/G) 7 / 10 / 1.4 / 0.0
Blackmon (W/T) 7 / 13 / 1.9 / 1.0

Incoming (3):
Jackson-Davis (S) 5* Rank: 18 (247 composite)
Franklin (S) 3* 156
Childress (W) NR
Who is Childress?

Nothing of the sort is happening - for either FG or AM. This is your wishful thinking and nothing more. What you heard was the echo of your own voice.
Lol...you're living in a dream world if you think he'll get a year 4 if year 3 is another dud..at some point we have to regain some sort of respectability. Right now we're a laughing stock.

We lose:
Langford
Morgan

Fitzner graduates

Sounds like a couple more years of "The Glass Rebuild"

Reactions: IUgradman
Right now we're a laughing stock.

According to who? The posters on here that post negative crap 24/7?

Is that why GM talked to his team about playing in iconic AH and I believe he used the words "blue blood" in pregame speach?

I know, I know, it was all to get his team fired up, not because he believed it.

If Archie doesn't pull in some shooters this season he is gone plain and simple there will be no year 4. I have heard Glass and Archie are on the hot seat..
It is as dumb to say that as it is to guarantee an Elite 8 in two years. A lot can happen to make either case a scenario. I feel too many "fans" are hoping for a self-fulfilling prophecy as if saying we will fail enough times will make it happen.

Archie will fail if he can't get the players he needs. Piling on with doom and gloom when not needed only fuels the idiots that tweet uninformed comments that get retweeted and taken as fact.

People look weak and foolish when they constantly complain or predict bad things will happen without any real knowledge.

Archie can coach. Bottom line.

Can he build a team? At times I feel he gets lazy with recruiting.

I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be.:

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Harlond Beverly, 6'4" 170 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

8. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, 2019 HS decom from VT, originally offered by IU

9. Kira Lewis, 6'3" 170 lbs, Bama TR, sit 1, 3 yrs left

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

I'm dropping Lewis from the list, as he's staying at Bama.

I'm dropping Harris, as I've not read anything about us trying to get involved with him this time around.

Don't know if you've heard, but no official Lester Quinones visit this WE. Says it was cancelled due to 'family matters'. Says he will reschedule.

Nothing on Brunk or Beverly.

It just keeps getting better & better.

It is as dumb to say that as it is to guarantee an Elite 8 in two years. A lot can happen to make either case a scenario. I feel too many "fans" are hoping for a self-fulfilling prophecy as if saying we will fail enough times will make it happen.

Archie will fail if he can't get the players he needs. Piling on with doom and gloom when not needed only fuels the idiots that tweet uninformed comments that get retweeted and taken as fact.

People look weak and foolish when they constantly complain or predict bad things will happen without any real knowledge.
Spot on

I don’t hope for failure, but I do know it will come with the people that are in charge. McRobbie and Glass have been together a decade. They have a lengthy track record of poor results. What is going to magically change?

Reactions: Stellara1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT