ADVERTISEMENT

List of 2019 Targets

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be

1. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

2. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

Last edited:
Kira Lewis, not Kara.

Plus, the Ben Davis kid that we may eventually offer or just offer a walk-on spot.

Kira Lewis, not Kara.

Plus, the Ben Davis kid that we may eventually offer or just offer a walk-on spot.

I really like Kira Lewis!

Getting him here would allow us to have a true point guard on the floor at all times during his eligibility overlap, be that 1 year or two (with a waiver)...

Reactions: ufo33
I really like Kira Lewis!

Getting him here would allow us to have a true point guard on the floor at all times during his eligibility overlap, be that 1 year or two (with a waiver)...
I believe Kira Lewis would petition the NCAA to waive the 1-year sit period due to the coaching change at Alabama. Based on the waivers we've seen granted in football (very lax), I wouldn't be surprised to see him be able to suit up for IU or any other program he may choose.

My hope is that Archie is cautious with these 3 scholarships. Let's offer these to grad transfers that can help the team right away, incoming top 60 4 stars, and undergrad transfers that will be impact players once eligible. Don't waste these opportunities on projects, as any incoming player needs to be someone that IU knows can play now.

I'm thrilled that Archie did not oversign like Crean did virtually every year. IU has an opportunity to fill in the needs with good players this spring. Crean could not help himself, and rarely had available scholarships to use in the spring.

I'm firmly on the Archie bandwagon. He will get it done.

I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be.:

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Harlond Beverly, 6'4" 170 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

8. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, 2019 HS decom from VT, originally offered by IU

9. Kira Lewis, 6'3" 170 lbs, Bama TR, sit 1, 3 yrs left

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.
I would be happy with any of them except Windham. Also, Wadford is not seriously considering IU so you can take him off the list.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
My hope is that Archie is cautious with these 3 scholarships. Let's offer these to grad transfers that can help the team right away, incoming top 60 4 stars, and undergrad transfers that will be impact players once eligible. Don't waste these opportunities on projects, as any incoming player needs to be someone that IU knows can play now.

I'm thrilled that Archie did not oversign like Crean did virtually every year. IU has an opportunity to fill in the needs with good players this spring. Crean could not help himself, and rarely had available scholarships to use in the spring.

Will he get it done next year though??

It’s hard to over sign when no one wants to come play for you.

Reactions: cryano
Will he get it done next year though??

I believe that IU has enough talent to finish in the top 6 in the B1G next year. I do think that IU needs to add 2 players that will play next year in the rotation. I'm fine with Brunk and a shooter. Either sign an impact transfer or frosh with that 3rd schollie, or hold it for next season. There is nothing wrong with having that 13th scholarship available for another opportunity.

i think Forrester may have been able to be a rotation player by his junior year, but he evidently did not want to wait. Archie has not wasted scholarships on non B1G level players, as Crean did time and time and time again...(you know who they are ).

I believe that IU has enough talent to finish in the top 6 in the B1G next year. I do think that IU needs to add 2 players that will play next year in the rotation. I'm fine with Brunk and a shooter. Either sign an impact transfer or frosh with that 3rd schollie, or hold it for next season. There is nothing wrong with having that 13th scholarship available for another opportunity.

i think Forrester may have been able to be a rotation player by his junior year, but he evidently did not want to wait. Archie has not wasted scholarships on non B1G level players, as Crean did time and time and time again...(you know who they are ).
Nor should I and that is why I do not think he shoudl give Windham a grant. Let him come as a walk on if he wants but Archie needs to win now and not in three years.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

I just don't understand your totally negative curmudgeonly attitude towards Archie and IU bball. Archie has, imo, done an exceptional job recruiting. He came in very late and landed RPhin, JHunter, and Romeo - just an excellent group of recruits. This years recruits are the best HS player in Indiana in TJD and a solid basketball player in AFranklin. Franklin can play at the B1G level

Archie has had 3 more scholarships open up, which I view as a positive. Give him a chance and let's see what he does with them. Remember, Crean would have been oversigned and had to have players leave just to stay at the 13 scholarship level. I am excited about the recruiting opportunity this spring. Archie recruits at a high B1G level, and certainly better than any of the previous three coaches.

You've seen things I haven't, but good for you.

Hes losing 9 players...and has 2 commits!!!!

Losing 9 players?

Please do tell . . . list them out for all to see.
From the roster consistency thread topic article:

Out of the 17 players on the 2018-19 roster, only 8 will be back next year. One of those eight is Jerome Hunter, who hasn’t played and no one seems to know for sure if he ever will.

Out of the 17 players on the 2018-19 roster, only 8 will be back next year. One of those eight is Jerome Hunter, who hasn’t played and no one seems to know for sure if he ever will.
Don’t give facts to taz, tmp and huge douche - they can’t handle that. fn homer fans with zero b-ball sense

I would be happy with any of them except Windham. Also, Wadford is not seriously considering IU so you can take him off the list.

Ah, yes Watford is considering IU. A lot of things have changed in the past month. Doesn't mean that he is coming, but we are certainly back in the running.

Last edited:

"Believe what you want. I don't have time to reply to your childish insults anymore." fpeaugh

"It doesn't really matter to me what you think. I said last night that a decision was coming today and it was likely Archie. I don't know what else you want. It's a solid hire in my opinion." fpeaugh

"I'm firmly on the Archie bandwagon. He will get it done." I have lost most of my confidence this is true, but good for anyone who's still "firm."

You didn't answer my question. He stated some opinions. You stated that

You've seen things I haven't, but good for you.

I had asked,

"And what did he state that you have not seen?"

Let's be realistic... 3 of them are walk-ons. 2 of them got less than 60 minutes of playing time. That leaves the 3 with any significant playing time that are leaving. So stop the agenda driven spin.

You didn't answer my question. He stated some opinions. You stated that

I had asked,

"And what did he state that you have not seen?"
I haven’t seen whatever gives him such confidence the little guy is a solid hire. Clear enough?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT