ADVERTISEMENT

List of 2019 Targets

According to who? The posters on here that post negative crap 24/7?

Is that why GM talked to his team about playing in iconic AH and I believe he used the words "blue blood" in pregame speach?

I know, I know, it was all to get his team fired up, not because he believed it.

I'm still supporting Archie, but I'd never quote anything a coach says in a pregame speech as gospel; they'll say almost anything they need to to get their team fired up. And then there's the whole issue that: 1) we lost that game, and 2) it was in the NIT. Doesn't exactly scream "blueblood" does it?

2018-19-division-i-and-ii-recruiting-calendars
I'm dropping Lewis from the list, as he's staying at Bama.

I'm dropping Harris, as I've not read anything about us trying to get involved with him this time around.

Don't know if you've heard, but no official Lester Quinones visit this WE. Says it was cancelled due to 'family matters'. Says he will reschedule.

Nothing on Brunk or Beverly.

It just keeps getting better & better.

It is a dead period!! April 17th through May something are signing days hopefully we hear something then

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
I'm still supporting Archie, but I'd never quote anything a coach says in a pregame speech as gospel; they'll say almost anything they need to to get their team fired up. And then there's the whole issue that: 1) we lost that game, and 2) it was in the NIT. Doesn't exactly scream "blueblood" does it?

No doubt it was a motivational ploy but I doubt that he didn't feel that way. It isn't like he would have said that about virtually all other programs.

IMO, blue blood refers to a long line of history, not the immediate past. We are no longer elite but we still are a blue blood. Of course if it doesn't get turned around in the future we could lose that status.

Reactions: Btownboom1976
I'm dropping Lewis from the list, as he's staying at Bama.

I'm dropping Harris, as I've not read anything about us trying to get involved with him this time around.

Don't know if you've heard, but no official Lester Quinones visit this WE. Says it was cancelled due to 'family matters'. Says he will reschedule.

Nothing on Brunk or Beverly.

It just keeps getting better & better.

Keep Harris on the list, Archie met with him today.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Watford would really help.
The Quinones kid sounds like a good shooter so maybe he is a good recruit, I don't know. I had been thinking that Tre Mitchell might be a good fit but it seems he chose UMass.

One thing I do know is that Fitzner was way off the mark and yet he continued to play ahead of Moore and Forrester who both played harder and could hold on to the ball.

IU is seemingly going to count on Davis and Green for leadership next year? That could be a problem.

They need a leader who can rebound and or shoot. And they badly need some size. Joey Brunk is big but he barely slowed Morgan down, if at all.

Some of the names in the 2020 class I am not sold on at all. I think Miller should cut Flint and Schilling quite honestly. I don't think they are doing much to help IU get to the level they need to get to.

And Romeo, although sort of a requisite recruit, was also bad for the program going forward. They will need a lot from the guards, and I'm not sure they will get it with what they have now.

Reactions: mk23
Watford would really help.
The Quinones kid sounds like a good shooter so maybe he is a good recruit, I don't know. I had been thinking that Tre Mitchell might be a good fit but it seems he chose UMa

One thing I do know is that Fitzner was way off the mark and yet he continued to play ahead of Moore and Forrester who both played harder and could hold on to the ball.

IU is seemingly going to count on Davis and Green for leadership next year? That could be a problem.

They need a leader who can rebound and or shoot. And they badly need some size. Joey Brunk is big but he barely slowed Morgan down, if at all.

Some of the names in the 2020 class I am not sold on at all. I think Miller should cut Flint and Schilling quite honestly. I don't think they are doing much to help IU get to the level they need to get to.

And Romeo, although sort of a requisite recruit, was also bad for the program going forward. They will need a lot from the guards, and I'm not sure they will get it with what they have now.

Morgan only scored 6 points when brunk was guarding him. I believe brunk is decent on D.
Everything I have read on LQ he is not much of a shooter but is good at getting to the rim

Reactions: IULouie
I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

So here is the list as I understand it to be.:

1. Joey Brunk, 6'11" 230 lbs, Butler Grad TR, 2 years eliigibility

2. Daniel Utomi, 6'6" 215 lbs, Akron Grad TR, 1 year left

3. Anthony Duruji, 6'7" 215 lbs, La. Tech TR, sit 1, then 2 yrs left

4. Trendon Watford, 6'9" 230 lbs, Alabama 2019 HS recruit

5. Lester Quinones, 6'5" 180 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

6. Jalen Windham, 6'5" 180 lbs, Ind HS recruit

7. Harlond Beverly, 6'4" 170 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

I've added back Anthony Harris, as reports are that IU is now recruiting him.

I've heard nothing specific on Brunk. OSU did just get a 7' '19 recruit, Diallo, frim California, so they might not be interested. Diallo is very raw, so they could still be interested in Brunk, but I've not seen them mentioned. I did see interesting speculation on Brunk on another site. Someone said that IF he's applying to law school, it might take a while for the application process. Again, complete speculation, but it would make sense.

Nothing I've seen leads me to believe we're 'leading' on any potential recruit other than Brunk. I hope something breaks soon.

Reactions: minneman
I don’t hope for failure, but I do know it will come with the people that are in charge. McRobbie and Glass have been together a decade. They have a lengthy track record of poor results. What is going to magically change?
Fortunately, Glass and McRobbie don't recruit or coach the team. Unless they are hindering Archie from recruiting or creating a successful culture, they have little daily involvement with the team.

I never liked seeing the principal or administrators around practice or near the field of play. That was our space. I liked they showed up and that they cared on game day. McRobbie could do a little more to show interest. Only Archie can say if he has all he needs to do his job. Publicly he will say yes.

Last edited:
When you lay an egg like we have the last 2 seasons, your recruiting dries up. It’s amazing how quickly the momentum is lost. We have a “dead man walking” type of coach and it’s really showing in our recruiting.

I've added back Anthony Harris, as reports are that IU is now recruiting him.

I've heard nothing specific on Brunk. OSU did just get a 7' '19 recruit, Diallo, frim California, so they might not be interested. Diallo is very raw, so they could still be interested in Brunk, but I've not seen them mentioned. I did see interesting speculation on Brunk on another site. Someone said that IF he's applying to law school, it might take a while for the application process. Again, complete speculation, but it would make sense.

Nothing I've seen leads me to believe we're 'leading' on any potential recruit other than Brunk. I hope something breaks soon.

Diallo is the typical African big man who is totally raw and usually never amounts to anyting. Crean knows how that goes.

When you lay an egg like we have the last 2 seasons, your recruiting dries up. It’s amazing how quickly the momentum is lost. We have a “dead man walking” type of coach and it’s really showing in our recruiting.

Agree. It feels like nobody wants to play here.

Must be nice to have Chris Holtman as HC.

Reactions: fpeaugh
You should’ve listened to me earlier and you wouldn’t have so much egg on your face.
Do you have a mental disability, or maybe some inbreeding in your genetic makeup? I'm almost positive you do. If not what exactly is your major malfunction?

Beyond being a habitual liar, and lacking any integrity, and having a very grating unlikeable personality that breeds contempt in everyone who meets you, not to mention an IQ that most turnips look down on condescendingly.. you're also a very strange, weird person.

Why are you so fking weird, dude?

Last edited:
I'd like to list our remaining 2019 targets.....and keep this list updated....with all commentary to be on the present "Who is leaving..." thread. I'd like to limit this list to those we know IU is looking at, or has looked at in the past.

7. Harlond Beverly, 6'4" 170 lbs, Fla 2019 HS recruit

8. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, Va. 2019 HG recruit (decommit from VT)

Please let me know if you see any errors or I need to add or cross off names as we go along.

Another one bites the dust.....Beverly deleted.

7. Anthony Harris, 6'3" 180 lbs, Va. 2019 HG recruit (decommit from VT)

Duruji committed to Florida.

Agree. It feels like nobody wants to play here.

Must be nice to have Chris Holtman as HC.

IU is not an attractive destination. Facilities are just OK, the program hasn’t had any success recently, and the coaching staff is unproven. It is going to get worse before it gets better.

Archie is out of his league and in over his head. Both revenue producing programs are a mess.

who won the nit anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT