ADVERTISEMENT

Leon Panetta says we'll be back

It’s very interesting to think about. On the one hand, I’m not sure that thousands on troops in country is the best way to prevent 12 guys in a basement somewhere planning a terrorist attack.

That said, when America gives into its isolationist impulses they tend to get smacked back in to the reality that world is a dangerous place.

We have a major identity crisis and have for some time. We no longer think American values are worth being exported, a nation that has lost its self confidence and a POTUS that inspires none.

If this Afghanistan fiasco has taught me anything it’s that I’m still very much a neocon. Other, more malevolent, global powers are going to try an exert influence, and I’d rather our values are exported than theirs.

The world is a less safe place with Americans vacating Afghanistan.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
How can you possibly kill 180 people and injure scores more with a wearable suicide bomb? I don’t think we are being told everything.
I thought they said there was also an attack with rifles. This is a tactic of ISIS - explode a bomb and then attack those that come in to try to help with a second bomb (supposedly there was only 1 blast) or small arms attack.

It’s very interesting to think about. On the one hand, I’m not sure that thousands on troops in country is the best way to prevent 12 guys in a basement somewhere planning a terrorist attack.

That said, when America gives into its isolationist impulses they tend to get smacked back in to the reality that world is a dangerous place.

We have a major identity crisis and have for some time. We no longer think American values are worth being exported, a nation that has lost its self confidence and a POTUS that inspires none.

If this Afghanistan fiasco has taught me anything it’s that I’m still very much a neocon. Other, more malevolent, global powers are going to try an exert influence, and I’d rather our values are exported than theirs.

The world is a less safe place with Americans vacating Afghanistan.
It's just amazing to me that we can justify our endless presence in S. Korea, Japan, and Europe, but can't handle 5,000 or so troops in Afghanistan. I fully expected contractors to fill the void when our troops left, but Biden pulled them out, too!

Reactions: td75 and 76-1
How can you possibly kill 180 people and injure scores more with a wearable suicide bomb? I don’t think we are being told everything.

Fat suit + large carry bundle + backpack + cross wrapped blanket + wheelbarrow most probably.... Based on the reddish smoke coming up from a remnant of the aftermath it might have had some ammonian nitrate thrown into the mix... 😖

Last edited:
It's a near certainty... That's what makes this debacle even worse...
I am starting to feel Hillary Clinton’s hands in this, does anyone else feel this way! It matches her track record with Ben Ghazi.

I am starting to feel Hillary Clinton’s hands in this, does anyone else feel this way! It matches her track record with Ben Ghazi.
Sullivan (the National Security Advisor) was one of her protégés so it's not surprising that it looks like her work...

The whole crew that's running things now were either intimately involved with Hillarys apparatus or had worked in the Obama administration (worst of all worlds, who could have ever imagined something like this happening (DWS)...)...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT