ADVERTISEMENT

JHS and his back?

There seems to be an assumption among insiders that he isn’t, but they never explain what that’s based on.
Why have him travel then? I’m no expert, but when speaking to people with back issues, sitting in a car (or plane) doesn’t help it get better.

Reactions: Lucy01
“shooting and moving around a little bit” ????geeezzz this is not very encouraging. Lots of stuff to injure that can be so so chronic - muscle, spine, nerves……

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Earlier it was stated that this is a continuation of something he's dealt with from time to time going back into High School. So I don't think we can blame it on IU's strength and conditioning program. Of course back problems often are a result of weak core strength but for a young man who does not look like a stranger to the weight room, I have to doubt that it's something that simple. Hoping for the best for him.

Heard Woodson say last night say.
He's moving some better ..Shooting around.
Sounds pretty unlikely again for Saturday in the Phog..
You'd think he'd need full contact practices by tomorrow..
I guess be patient..Rather see him healthy from January on...

Heard Woodson say last night say.
He's moving some better ..Shooting around.
Sounds pretty unlikely again for Saturday in the Phog..
You'd think he'd need full contact practices by tomorrow..
I guess be patient..Rather see him healthy from January on...
Starting to sound like he could be out for months. Not good.

Starting to sound like he could be out for months. Not good.
Don't know about month's ? But not on the floor till early January...
I could believe that...Big thing is.
Does it hold up ?..Or does it relapse again and again..
I'd like to think he's getting the best of the best treatment and doctoring..Not just in Btown..But any of the best in Indy ..

Don't know about month's ? But not on the floor till early January...
I could believe that...Big thing is.
Does it hold up ?..Or does it relapse again and again..
I'd like to think he's getting the best of the best treatment and doctoring..Not just in Btown..But any of the best in Indy ..
Boy, I sure hope so. My family has suffered some very poor care in Bloomington. I hope the team docs are willing to look outside Monroe Co. if they are stumped.

I just stumbled on Osterman's tweet on the cumulative Plus/Minus for all our players. X is at 110, JHS at 109. Both a fair bit higher than everyone else. I'm sure X was a tad higher before the Rutgers and Arizona losses. But to still be in 2nd place, despite not playing in 3 games, underscores how important JHS is to our teams success.

I don't think we needed to see his Plus/minus to know that, its obvious. But when a stat like that hammers it home, it makes it unarguable fact that we're just a lot better basketball team when JHS is on the floor.

Man I hope we get JHS back here soon, and that he's healthy and plays out the rest of the season. We're contenders if he plays, we're not if he doesn't.

I just stumbled on Osterman's tweet on the cumulative Plus/Minus for all our players. X is at 110, JHS at 109. Both a fair bit higher than everyone else. I'm sure X was a tad higher before the Rutgers and Arizona losses. But to still be in 2nd place, despite not playing in 3 games, underscores how important JHS is to our teams success.

I don't think we needed to see his Plus/minus to know that, its obvious. But when a stat like that hammers it home, it makes it unarguable fact that we're just a lot better basketball team when JHS is on the floor.

Man I hope we get JHS back here soon, and that he's healthy and plays out the rest of the season. We're contenders if he plays, we're not if he doesn't.
Woodson says he's practicing today. If he's not all crooked tomorrow, he'll play Saturday. About as good a news report as we could hope for.

Woodson says he's practicing today. If he's not all crooked tomorrow, he'll play Saturday. About as good a news report as we could hope for.
Yes, that is very good news I'd say. Kansas is an exceedingly difficult matchup with him. Without him, well its even more difficult. I think it'll be a competitive game either way. But without JHS, I'm not sure we'd be able to make enough winning plays throughout the game to actually win. With him, we certainly could.

Reactions: mk30
Not real confident in Coach’s statement. Sounded shakey at best. Backs are a nightmare. I’d say best case is JHS plays but is between 50-75% and only he will know. It will be painful regardless.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
Not real confident in Coach’s statement. Sounded shakey at best. Backs are a nightmare. I’d say best case is JHS plays but is between 50-75% and only he will know. It will be painful regardless.
I'd rather see him be 1000% and go the first week of January...
Than be 70 % in Lawrence....
But hey ..He surely knows his body..

Lighten up Francis, nobody knows unless they know him or he authorized somebody to speak on his behalf about it ... called HIPPA, so Woodson and staff can't really talk about unless he says OK. To be honest, if I were Woodson, I'd keep it guarded for as long as I could and make it hard for teams to know what they're getting
The poster asked a legit question and I think you telling him to "lighten up" is a bit rude: it belittles him and his question.

Sounds like progress. Just wonder if it's enough to get out on the floor and be effective.

"Well, today we're going to start him out on the floor and see if he can go practice," Woodson said. "Last few days he's kind of shot around and done some things. He's moving around. So today we're going to let him bang a little bit and see where he is tomorrow.

The last few days he's been on the floor shooting, moving around. Got a good workout on our off day yesterday so now we'll see can he handle the pounding a little bit today in practice, then see how he feels tomorrow.

From a medical standpoint, I think he's fine in that regard. But, again, when you can't do the things that you're used to doing on the floor, move around like you normally do, that's a problem. That's what he was experiencing."

Reactions: T.M.P.
Hmmm perhaps Coach has a chiropractic or PT degree? Maybe a fellowship in spinal surgery or musculoskeletal ailments. :)
Well, since he had back surgury during his senior season, and was still B1G MVP that year, I'd say he knows what goes into it, yes...

Well, since he had back surgury during his senior season, and was still B1G MVP that year, I'd say he knows what goes into it, yes...
I’ve had many broken bones but I don’t think you’d want me setting your broken arm. Coach knows it hurts and can be difficult to deal with - that’s likely it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT