ADVERTISEMENT

Successful Back Surgery for Jalen Hood-Schifino . . .

Eban

Junior
Sep 6, 2001
Los Angeles Lakers rookie guard Jalen Hood-Schifino underwent a successful lumbar microdiscectomy, the team announced on Thursday.
The procedure involved a bulging disk in his back being shaved and the Lakers expect Hood-Schifino to make a full recovery in the offseason, though the exact timetable is not yet known.

Whether Hood-Schifino will be back on the court before the playoffs is unclear, but Los Angeles will look to continue its late-season push without the added support from him on the bench.

Los Angeles Lakers rookie guard Jalen Hood-Schifino underwent a successful lumbar microdiscectomy, the team announced on Thursday.
The procedure involved a bulging disk in his back being shaved and the Lakers expect Hood-Schifino to make a full recovery in the offseason, though the exact timetable is not yet known.

Whether Hood-Schifino will be back on the court before the playoffs is unclear, but Los Angeles will look to continue its late-season push without the added support from him on the bench.

Thx for the info. I had not heard this. I too hope the young man gets back to 100%. He beat Purdue!

Not sure if he would have hurt his back in Bloomington, but this is why you go pro you’re a first rounder. Hope he recovers quick.
I thought he had hurt his back last year. I seem to remember him missing a game early with a back.

He'd be in a boot in Bloomington with an unspecified body injury. I know.. HIPPA, but it was interesting to hear details. Hope he gets back to 100%
Yep. I've had this argument many times, it's not HIPPA laws that prevent the release of details, it's IU's policy. Other outlets report some level of details of injuries, procedures and recovery that IU just refuses to do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT