ADVERTISEMENT

It's just not IU BBall ...

If he was not that good then he would not be projected first round by experts.
Even with him the team's defense was horrendous and he is not a point guard so we still turned the ball over way to much. I agree the guy is talented and could be a star in the NBA but he is not there yet.

I believe that OG was the one player that could not get hurt or our season would be in jeopardy. He was the one player who could manufacture shots off rebounds and with his athleticism. He was the one player who could mask our defensive liabilities. He is still projected to go first round for a reason in most mock drafts after a season ending injury. I am not saying that this is a logical excuse to retain Coach Crean, but just to dismiss it is not correct either.
OG will be drafted on potential more than what he has done. Others could have picked up the slack. Instead they fouled more and turned the ball over more than their opponents.

I believe that OG was the one player that could not get hurt or our season would be in jeopardy. He was the one player who could manufacture shots off rebounds and with his athleticism. He was the one player who could mask our defensive liabilities. He is still projected to go first round for a reason in most mock drafts after a season ending injury. I am not saying that this is a logical excuse to retain Coach Crean, but just to dismiss it is not correct either.
lol ............. but he did none of those things.

Even with him the team's defense was horrendous and he is not a point guard so we still turned the ball over way to much. I agree the guy is talented and could be a star in the NBA but he is not there yet.
if this were baseball....Crean would bring in the second baseman to pitch...because he's already close to the pitcher's mound....

I have said it until I am blue in the face to the lone Crean holdout in our family. OG getting hurt did not make us turn the ball over or foul players at a rate that makes it hard to win. Without OG, we could have and should have won enough to solidly make the NCAA. It certainly hurt the success we would have in the NCAA. The only player that got better as the season went on was Newkirk.

I have said it until I am blue in the face to the lone Crean holdout in our family. OG getting hurt did not make us turn the ball over or foul players at a rate that makes it hard to win. Without OG, we could have and should have won enough to solidly make the NCAA. It certainly hurt the success we would have in the NCAA. The only player that got better as the season went on was Newkirk.
And Newkirk is horrible and has no business being at IU. Crean's failure to recruit a PG is just one more indication that he's mediocre, will never have sustained success, and has to move on.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
And Newkirk is horrible and has no business being at IU. Crean's failure to recruit a PG is just one more indication that he's mediocre, will never have sustained success, and has to move on.
Newkirk has saved our asses in recent games. He isn't the pg we needed, but he has been better late as others have sucked. I am curious how he will perform under a better coach and system. I'm hoping the new coach can bring a pg with him or coax one of the undecided players to come.

This all falls apart if CTC returns. I really can't even imagine that happening. Our only chance to not suck next year and beyond is to make a change now.

Reactions: WannaBeSurfer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT