ADVERTISEMENT

It's just not IU BBall ...

go_iu

All-Big Ten
Feb 22, 2004
we all know that. Time to move on to new coach discussions, it has imploded to the point that I think we can all acknowledge that Crean will be gone. We would be lucky to get a CBI bid, he is not getting a contract extension for an 11th place B10 finish. It's over, rejoice!

we all know that. Time to move on to new coach discussions, it has imploded to the point that I think we can all acknowledge that Crean will be gone. We would be lucky to get a CBI bid, he is not getting a contract extension for an 11th place B10 finish. It's over, rejoice!
Um.. 13th place there friend..

I'm going to write Glass a letter in support of Crean. Last year at this time, he was the greatest coach in the world sitting on a B10 championship. Now, he deserves to be fired?

I'm going to write Glass a letter in support of Crean. Last year at this time, he was the greatest coach in the world sitting on a B10 championship. Now, he deserves to be fired?
It's feast or famine with Crean. But the problem is even the "feast" flames out in the Sweet 16. IU needs a coach that can get the best Indiana kids to wear the candy stripes. Hopefully, that coach will be hired SOON.

Listened to the post game press conference and Crean is once again talking about injuries and the fact that we were withing 3 points with a minute left in 13 games that we lost.

I sincerely hope we pass on a CBI bid, if offered. I don't even want the NIT. Why extend this nightmare?

Reactions: russelltodd
I have been saying for 8 years that this is not IU basketball....I hope you are right about Crean hitting the road....

Reactions: jaypay23
Listened to the post game press conference and Crean is once again talking about injuries and the fact that we were withing 3 points with a minute left in 13 games that we lost.
Which proves the point that we can't get a critical stop and we haven't a clue how to execute a half-court offensive set when we need a critical basket. The Northwestern game is the rare exception where we locked down defensively in the last 2 minutes. It still took two colossal bonehead mistakes by the same Northwestern on our last possession and a prayer-answered free throw to win in regulation.

How many of those same games did we also have leads in the last five minutes? My guess is several. Funny how selective the information can be when people make excuses for "almost winning".

Then you would be writing a letter in support of poor coaching and continued mediocrity. The team continues to make the same dumb mistakes on the court and the coach continues to be stuck in his stupid system. For example, Morgan is playing great-so substitute for him. That's his system talking. He doesn't seem to see the game playing out right in front of him. I see Swanigan playing almost the entire 40 minutes. Our top players don't come close to that. It's the stupid system he employs. Purdue attacks our bigs to get them in foul trouble. Bryant and Morgan are shooting 3's. it's the stupid system again and again. He's lost the players, the fans, and most likely the board of trustees. If you think this season was bad, wait until you see next season if he stays.

Reactions: HoosierCali1
Then you would be writing a letter in support of poor coaching and continued mediocrity. The team continues to make the same dumb mistakes on the court and the coach continues to be stuck in his stupid system. For example, Morgan is playing great-so substitute for him. That's his system talking. He doesn't seem to see the game playing out right in front of him. I see Swanigan playing almost the entire 40 minutes. Our top players don't come close to that. It's the stupid system he employs. Purdue attacks our bigs to get them in foul trouble. Bryant and Morgan are shooting 3's. it's the stupid system again and again. He's lost the players, the fans, and most likely the board of trustees. If you think this season was bad, wait until you see next season if he stays.
I would bet that the poster you responded to is not an IU fan but a fan of another team who wants to see Crean stay here.

Well Crean likes fast fast fast which exactly what their fall from top 5 in the country to Conference doormat is. I hope he get fired immediately after they are knocked out of the BTT.

I hope they go to the NIT or CBI just for those kids who want to play.

He's never been the best coach in the world, league, or even state.

From Top 5 in the country to 12th in the conference in one season...
OG deserves the MVP if he had that kind of influence on the team. Actually, if his injury can cause this failure, he must have been the POY!

Who writes a letter?

Might as well fire up the dial up modem and send a fax.....

OG deserves the MVP if he had that kind of influence on the team. Actually, if his injury can cause this failure, he must have been the POY!
OG and Collin are no Cody and Vic or even a Yogi and Bielfeldt, and Crean's "highs" with the latter two were not very high. It ain't the players, refs, youth, etc.: it is the crap coach.

Reactions: Hoosier01
OG and Collin are no Cody and Vic or even a Yogi and Bielfeldt, and Crean's "highs" with the latter two were not very high. It ain't the players, refs, youth, etc.: it is the crap coach.
My point was a team that beat 2 #3 teams early in the season can't blame an injury to a single player for the collapse this team has seen. We have had everyone back for a few games and we continue to play as crappy as when they were missing. I don't use the excuse that they are playing banged up because every player has some sort of issue this late in the season.

Something changed around the UL game that sent this team down a bad path. Te UL game was badly played like nearly every game since. Only the MSU game resembled the team from the early season.

Reactions: HoosierCali1
Eh, we're tied with PSU and beat them twice. We'd be the 12 seed today. And we have a chance to catch OSU for 11.

So it's not so bad.
This team could easily be 3-14 in the big ten without a couple of last second miracles. I am so ready for this to be over. I am so sick of Creans horrible brand of so called basketball.

Reactions: Mr.IU
My point was a team that beat 2 #3 teams early in the season can't blame an injury to a single player for the collapse this team has seen. We have had everyone back for a few games and we continue to play as crappy as when they were missing. I don't use the excuse that they are playing banged up because every player has some sort of issue this late in the season.

Something changed around the UL game that sent this team down a bad path. Te UL game was badly played like nearly every game since. Only the MSU game resembled the team from the early season.
Something changed around the IPFW game that sent this team down a bad path.......it's called getting exposed as a coach.

I know you were being sarcastic and what your point was. It is hard to tell on this site when you are agreeing or disagreeing with the person you are quoting. No worries.

With Crean, any excuse at this point is meaningless. You either get it done in 9 years or you don't.

Something changed around the IPFW game that sent this team down a bad path.......it's called getting exposed as a coach.

It's called getting beat by IPFW when you're a top 10 team.

MVP?

Ummmm . . .

. . . I dunno . . . maybe Juwan Morgan. He's at least showed up ever time when he's been available to play. But is that what a true MVP is supposed to be . . .

. . . ummmm . . .

. . . other than that, I've got bupkiss.

MVP?

Ummmm . . .

. . . I dunno . . . maybe Juwan Morgan. He's at least showed up ever time when he's been available to play. But is that what a true MVP is supposed to be . . .

. . . ummmm . . .

. . . other than that, I've got bupkiss.
Crean talks about injuries. The only difference between the #3 IU team roster and this dumpster fire is OG. If he wants to blame "injuries" for our trouble, OG must have been damn important! It is possible Crean could be full of crap. ;)

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Except we beat UNC after IPFW.

The actual downfall happened at home against Nebraska. The lackluster and careless performance was repeated against UL. That became what we have come to expect.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Crean talks about injuries. The only difference between the #3 IU team roster and this dumpster fire is OG. If he wants to blame "injuries" for our trouble, OG must have been damn important! It is possible Crean could be full of crap. ;)

Almost every team has an injury every single year and deals with it. So by the way Crean rationalizes every injury he could basically use the injury excuse every year to keep himself here until he is 75 years old. It is old and boring excuse but to Crean it never gets old.

Oh its IU basketball Sweetheart!!

I believe that OG was the one player that could not get hurt or our season would be in jeopardy. He was the one player who could manufacture shots off rebounds and with his athleticism. He was the one player who could mask our defensive liabilities. He is still projected to go first round for a reason in most mock drafts after a season ending injury. I am not saying that this is a logical excuse to retain Coach Crean, but just to dismiss it is not correct either.

I believe that OG was the one player that could not get hurt or our season would be in jeopardy. He was the one player who could manufacture shots off rebounds and with his athleticism. He was the one player who could mask our defensive liabilities. He is still projected to go first round for a reason in most mock drafts after a season ending injury. I am not saying that this is a logical excuse to retain Coach Crean, but just to dismiss it is not correct either.
This does not change the fact that Crean is a horrible coach either. Damn are you people watching the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy does the same thing over and over again and it never works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mr.IU
Agree for the most part. I would argue that he wasn't the reason we finished 12th. Heck, if he was that good, why wasn't he starting when he went down? His injury hurt our post depth. Other than that, we should have finished in the top half of the B1G.

Agree for the most part. I would argue that he wasn't the reason we finished 12th. Heck, if he was that good, why wasn't he starting when he went down? His injury hurt our post depth. Other than that, we should have finished in the top half of the B1G.

If he was not that good then he would not be projected first round by experts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT