ADVERTISEMENT

It starts with a 76-53 win today....

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
I predict the Hoosiers win their next 2 games. Now that we are finally playing with a purpose and sense of urgency, I expect to see a blowout today, and a stress free 10 point win over State.

I won’t make any prediction for the third game as I have no idea who we’ll be facing.

IU is a dangerous team right now. We are as talented as any team in the league. We have been battle tested playing a bunch of close games. We have shown a recent ability to score, and the defense has been there all year, when we are interested.

Enjoy!

Not a blowout but a win. 77-68
Post depth with DeRon, Race, Morgan and PG play of Rob and Devonte. Romeo to put the pedal down into tournament mode. Win and In.

I’m pretty sure the 3s he’s hit still count.

Not saying they don't. Just saying you can't simply say he's scored 11 thank God we had him out there. OSU has 17 points off of turnovers. Green has been real good lately because he's been in control. He's not in control today

Not saying they don't. Just saying you can't simply say he's scored 11 thank God we had him out there. OSU has 17 points off of turnovers. Green has been real good lately because he's been in control. He's not in control today
didn't say he wasn't making some errors but without his points the game would have been over at halftime...which now it appears it was anyways....

I predict the Hoosiers win their next 2 games. Now that we are finally playing with a purpose and sense of urgency, I expect to see a blowout today, and a stress free 10 point win over State.

I won’t make any prediction for the third game as I have no idea who we’ll be facing.

IU is a dangerous team right now. We are as talented as any team in the league. We have been battle tested playing a bunch of close games. We have shown a recent ability to score, and the defense has been there all year, when we are interested.

Enjoy!

most-interesting-man-smh.gif

Reactions: .Gerdis

Enjoy!

Nostradamus, you're not.

Reactions: Nieman

I think this raises the same interesting question going forward, as has been at the heart of the matter all this year......what the hell is CAM going to do with Green & Smith?

It seems to me that if you're going to play Green, you have to play him at the 2nd guard, and essentially give him a green light. Otherwise, what's the point?

CAM really values aggressiveness....that's why he's continued to talk Green up and defended him so many times. But it seems to me that Green is inherently, unrelentingly undisciplined. CAM seems to want guys who are going to play on the edge, but Green's never going to find that edge. He's always going to go over the top. He's always going to be the guy wanting & getting the attention. And any team that he plays on where he's a major factor is also going to be somewhat undisciplined. How can it not be? And the thing is, you can't make it a Carson Edward's situation where you just live & die with it, because Archie's never going to have a team full of willing role players like Painter has. I really think this "break-out game" by Green almost puts CAM in an impossible situation. Maybe now that he's shown what he can do he'll want to go elsewhere where he can be the headliner.

As for Smith........I thought there were warning signs on him in the RU game. Remember the bonked dunk attempt that went 20 ft in the air? Missed dunks have always been a bad sign for him..And he took a really bad 3 pt shot and otherwise really didn't do much that game. So today.... he comes out and takes something like 3 of our first 6 shots, and everybody else is firing away also. No attempt to get Morgan the ball......set the tone for the game. Then he disappeared. So how long can you put up with this 2 games on 2 games on effort from Smith? All because he allegedly has defensive stopper potential? How can you be a defensive stopper if you only show up to play 1/2 the time? So does he stay or go? Does he want to stay, or go?

I really think that the most likely outcome, at this point, is that we muddle through these same issues next year, with the same people. Probably more successfully if everybody's healthy. Basically '19-'20 will be an encore with perhaps a little better record. Then 2020 if CAM's still here, we'd have a different look.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT