ADVERTISEMENT

It’s over

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
At least in Colorado. Governor Polis declared the Covid medical emergency ended. While I disagree with almost every position our governor has taken, I give him pretty high marks for his Covid orders and common sense,

Governor Polis:

We see it as the end of the medical emergency. Frankly, people who want to be protected [have gotten vaccinated]. Those who get sick, it's almost entirely their own darn fault. I don't want to say that nobody [will get the virus if they’re] vaccinated, but it's very rare. Just to put it in perspective, of the about 1400 people hospitalized, less than 200 (or 16 percent) are vaccinated. And many of them are older or have other conditions. Eighty-four percent of the people in our hospitals are unvaccinated, and they absolutely had every chance to get vaccinated.​

* * * *​
That's the kinda thing I didn't hesitate to do in the emergency. The emergency is over. You know, public health [officials] don’t get to tell people what to wear; that's just not their job. Public health [officials] would say to always wear a mask because it decreases flu and decreases [other airborne illnesses]. But that's not something that you require; you don't tell people what to wear. You don't tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it's their own darn fault. If you haven't been vaccinated, that's your choice. I respect that. But it's your fault when you're in the hospital with COVID.
I think I’ll take Colorado over New York. However, Polis also noted that local health officials should react to local emergencies. But the state-wide emergency is over.

At least in Colorado. Governor Polis declared the Covid medical emergency ended. While I disagree with almost every position our governor has taken, I give him pretty high marks for his Covid orders and common sense,

Governor Polis:

We see it as the end of the medical emergency. Frankly, people who want to be protected [have gotten vaccinated]. Those who get sick, it's almost entirely their own darn fault. I don't want to say that nobody [will get the virus if they’re] vaccinated, but it's very rare. Just to put it in perspective, of the about 1400 people hospitalized, less than 200 (or 16 percent) are vaccinated. And many of them are older or have other conditions. Eighty-four percent of the people in our hospitals are unvaccinated, and they absolutely had every chance to get vaccinated.​

* * * *​
That's the kinda thing I didn't hesitate to do in the emergency. The emergency is over. You know, public health [officials] don’t get to tell people what to wear; that's just not their job. Public health [officials] would say to always wear a mask because it decreases flu and decreases [other airborne illnesses]. But that's not something that you require; you don't tell people what to wear. You don't tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it's their own darn fault. If you haven't been vaccinated, that's your choice. I respect that. But it's your fault when you're in the hospital with COVID.
I think I’ll take Colorado over New York. However, Polis also noted that local health officials should react to local emergencies. But the state-wide emergency is over.
In Indiana things like mask mandates are left to the counties, only Monroe has a mandate. It is because Monroe uses the criteria originally pit out by the state department of health that masks should be mandated if more than 50 cases per 100,000.

As to not telling people what to wear, I assume Colorado has repealed anti nudity laws. That is very progressive. Otherwise he is telling people the must cover their genitals, the color and design is up to the wearer. The same is true with masks. You must cover your breathing holes, you can choose the color and design of the mask.

I favor the county approach. If hospitals fill up it becomes a problem. In Indiana, IU Health is now receiving National Guard Assistance. Some to all elective surgeries are being cancelled. "Hospital at Home" programs are implemented, people who can get by at home are sent home with extra some equipment for monitoring remotely.

So already a vaccinated person is impacted, if they want something like total knee replacement they cannot get it. It is close at some hospitals to where a vaccinated person is critically injured in a wreck or have a heart attack they will be forced to travel to a more distant hospital. I think we can it is never a positive to delay critical care when needed.

So yes, COVID can and does negatively impact vaccinated. That is why counties or regions need some ability to respond if numbers warrant. State and federal level is largely too big, except maybe in critical cases. I think Kentucky in the fall went over 100% occupancy statewide. At that point, yes the vaccinated were at an involuntary risk. But those situations are relatively rare with COVID

In Indiana things like mask mandates are left to the counties, only Monroe has a mandate. It is because Monroe uses the criteria originally pit out by the state department of health that masks should be mandated if more than 50 cases per 100,000.

As to not telling people what to wear, I assume Colorado has repealed anti nudity laws. That is very progressive. Otherwise he is telling people the must cover their genitals, the color and design is up to the wearer. The same is true with masks. You must cover your breathing holes, you can choose the color and design of the mask.

I favor the county approach. If hospitals fill up it becomes a problem. In Indiana, IU Health is now receiving National Guard Assistance. Some to all elective surgeries are being cancelled. "Hospital at Home" programs are implemented, people who can get by at home are sent home with extra some equipment for monitoring remotely.

So already a vaccinated person is impacted, if they want something like total knee replacement they cannot get it. It is close at some hospitals to where a vaccinated person is critically injured in a wreck or have a heart attack they will be forced to travel to a more distant hospital. I think we can it is never a positive to delay critical care when needed.

So yes, COVID can and does negatively impact vaccinated. That is why counties or regions need some ability to respond if numbers warrant. State and federal level is largely too big, except maybe in critical cases. I think Kentucky in the fall went over 100% occupancy statewide. At that point, yes the vaccinated were at an involuntary risk. But those situations are relatively rare with COVID
Yep, you’ve stated the theory for ongoing mandates, shutdowns, and other disruptions from normalcy. Been there done that. Time to move on. Some people get it, some don’t.

I assume Colorado has repealed anti nudity laws.” Yep. I know you would assume that.

Of course not. It wouldn't fit your narrative if it was.
LMAO. Here I am giving props to a committed liberal and you keep comparing him to Biden, who on his best day couldn’t carry Polis’ jock strap. If you want to persist with this idiocy, carry on. But you are showing yourself to be a Biden Democrat which is where most of you are.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yep, you’ve stated the theory for ongoing mandates, shutdowns, and other disruptions from normalcy. Been there done that. Time to move on. Some people get it, some don’t.

I assume Colorado has repealed anti nudity laws.” Yep. I know you would assume that.
So does it? Why can you mandate covering genitals or female nipples (or even feet and all chests in restaurants) but not mouths?

As to my theory, where is it wrong. Will more people die if hospitals cannot hold them? Is that wrong?
Can you point out the logical fallacy?

Governor Polis:

* * * *​
To some people it will never be over. Ever. They will be wearing masks five years from now and you can bank that. I am guessing it will never be over for shooter and he does now want it to be over. He gets off on this.

So does it? Why can you mandate covering genitals or female nipples (or even feet and all chests in restaurants) but not mouths?

As to my theory, where is it wrong. Will more people die if hospitals cannot hold them? Is that wrong?
Can you point out the logical fallacy?
Some people need anxiety, worry and fear. There is no way to say that’s wrong. It’s just wrong for other people.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

If they get a froston that’s their own darn fault.

i need to hire a politician for my lab, to decree to the cancer cells that, for them, it is officially OVER.

Such awesome power!

Reactions: bawlmer
To some people it will never be over. Ever. They will be wearing masks five years from now and you can bank that. I am guessing it will never be over for shooter and he does now want it to be over. He gets off on this.
Yep....can just imagine him in his white frock sitting in a corner in his little lab, all depressed by the thought of people working and kids going to school.

Yep....can just imagine him in his white frock sitting in a corner in his little lab, all depressed by the thought of people working and kids going to school.

Umm wanna know who benefits the most for keeping Covid around? It's the party that's not currently in power.

The best thing, politically, for Biden and the Democrats is to get covid behind us.

Have you seen his approval ratings when cases, deaths and hospitalizations dropped significantly to when the Delta took over and the unvaccinated started filling up hospitals?

The best thing for republicans is to be able to say 'the Dems couldn't fix it'. If that means a big chunk of the base has to get it and die well, it's a small price to pay.

Anyone who believes that Shooter wants to prolong the virus has their head so far up their ass that they can see their Covid infected lungs that they got because they've been manipulated by the party they trust to stay vulnerable and not arm themselves as well as they could for a disease that is given to you only by the people around you.

• Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
Umm wanna know who benefits the most for keeping Covid around? It's the party that's not currently in power.

The best thing, politically, for Biden and the Democrats is to get covid behind us.

Have you seen his approval ratings when cases, deaths and hospitalizations dropped significantly to when the Delta took over and the unvaccinated started filling up hospitals?

The best thing for republicans is to be able to say 'the Dems couldn't fix it'. If that means a big chunk of the base has to get it and die well, it's a small price to pay.

Anyone who believes that Shooter wants to prolong the virus has their head so far up their ass that they can see their Covid infected lungs that they got because they've been manipulated by the party they trust to stay vulnerable and not arm themselves as well as they could for a disease that is given to you only by the people around you.
I suspect we'll see the opposite effect. We'll see more and more people saying WTF I thought these vaccines were supposed to work - the shit's still the same. And will start opting out on boosters and additional vaccines.

They won't delve into hospitalizations etc. They'll go by headlines of case numbers rising and leave it at that.

And we'll see more Republican states drop out altogether as MO has done. No more case reporting, no more quarantines, no more orders, etc. It's shaping up to be a strange winter with each state doing its own thing

Maybe the people needing surgeries didn’t take care of themselves or made poor choices to preserve their health, just like the unvaccinated…
If there was a shot to make an obese person healthy and they refused because of 'you can't trust the govt' then yes, you'd be correct.

But there isn't, so it doesn't equate. Obesity also isn't contagious so again, doesn't equate.

Shooter is obsessed with COVID. He tries to shame anyone who does not agree with him. He is a basic bully.

I suspect we'll see the opposite effect. We'll see more and more people saying WTF I thought these vaccines were supposed to work - the shit's still the same. And will start opting out on boosters and additional vaccines.

They won't delve into hospitalizations etc. They'll go by headlines of case numbers rising and leave it at that.

And we'll see more Republican states drop out altogether as MO has done. No more case reporting, no more quarantines, no more orders, etc. It's shaping up to be a strange winter with each state doing its own thing
Republicans do not want to prolong this that is just laughble. We like freedom and no restrictions. That goes against everything prolonging this would stand for! Dems politicians like control so yeah they have no issues with mandates.

And we'll see more Republican states drop out altogether as MO has done. No more case reporting, no more quarantines, no more orders, etc.
I agree.

It's obvious by now who wants the help and who is scared of it.

First it was 'it's not fda approved' then it became 'it was approved too quickly' added on with 'it's not 100% so why take it' to 'it's not a legitimate vaccine. A real vaccine includes the actual virus in it, this is synthetic, it changes your DNA and it causes blood clots which will give you a heart attack and a stroke'.

So yeah, I have my doubts that the holdouts by now will get it.

Time to move on and let the rest of the world have it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Republicans do not want to prolong this that is just laughble. We like freedom and no restrictions. That goes against everything prolonging this would stand for! Dems politicians like control so yeah they have no issues with mandates.
They are trying to prevent a political 'win' and are desperately trying to push alternative solutions so they can get the win, which is why stuff like Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, Regeneron, etc are strongly pushed (all are things that mean you have to get covid first).

Remind me again of the lockdowns under Biden so far? He actually came out and said he didn't think we needed lockdowns but the right keeps fear mongering it like it's happening.

Anyway, anyone who believes the Dems want to prolong the pandemic need to stop getting their news from Facebook and crazy, uncle Walt.

Reactions: UncleMark
They are trying to prevent a political 'win' and are desperately trying to push alternative solutions so they can get the win, which is why stuff like Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, Regeneron, etc are strongly pushed (all are things that mean you have to get covid first).

Remind me again of the lockdowns under Biden so far? He actually came out and said he didn't think we needed lockdowns but the right keeps fear mongering it like it's happening.

Anyway, anyone who believes the Dems want to prolong the pandemic need to stop getting their news from Facebook and crazy, uncle Walt.
It's not from Biden it's blue states. The difference between Illinois and Missouri in handling Covid has been night and day. Hell you can go county by county. The values of Dems and Pubs are incongruent when it comes to Covid - we see it played out here daily, and I don't mean by the nut jobs on here that are incapable of independent thought and simply parrot the party line, but by smart, measured people. Blue states lockdown. Red don't to the same degree. It's just a difference in values. In many ways how this plays out is what makes our country a treasure.

Last edited:
CO is averaging 3,000 cases a day and 70 deaths.

Covid is alive and well in the "place to go skiing once a year state"

I am sure you are capable of more debate than that. Go back to the post you replied to and present your argument.
I've meant to ask this before. Back story, I am terrible at research and only have an elementary level of knowledge on the revolutionary war.
What % of the population were active participants in the acts to create this nation from the British oppression? Was is 5%, 10%, 50%? How many were active and how many set back and thus reaped the reward that is this country? I honestly don't know the answer to this question.
From your posting history, you seem to be really good at research, maybe you could find some evidence? Like I said, I am terrible at it, I find to many "squirrels" along the way and chase to many other topics.

It's not from Biden it's blue states. The difference between Illinois and Missouri in handling Covid has been night and day. Hell you can go county by county. The values of Dems and Pubs are incongruent when it comes to Covid - we see it played out here daily, and I don't mean by the nut jobs on here that are incapable of independent thought and simply parrot the party line, but by smart, measured people. Blue states lockdown. Red don't to the same degree. It's just a difference in values. In many ways how this plays out is what makes our country a treasure.
This is where it would be nice to be able to do the latest trend in comic book movies... multiverse. Lol

Have multiple universes that we could go back and see the cause and effect. Since that's not reality, we all get one linear line to handle a health crisis that we haven't felt with in a century.

I always go back to simple, linear thought.

What is this? An attack on our respiratory system.

How do we get it? The people around us give it to us through expelling out of their mouths and noses?

How can we mitigate it? Try to prevent it coming out of mouths and noses and being breathed in, infecting and converting that person into a spreader.

One more thing, it's dormant for 7 to 10 days so, you won't know that you have it at first.

There you go, there are the variables. How do we go about mitigation?

Masks, Distance, Vaccines and in some cases when it's on fire, force people to stay the hell away from each other.

That all makes sense to me.

If someone said use an anal plug I'd be confused, but during this whole ordeal the measures have made sense.

Did they go too long or overboard? Of course but I chalk that up to again, we're doing this without much of a guide.

I'm more confused on the motivations to resist something to me that doesn't seem that complex.

Political warfare is the main thing that makes sense.

This is where it would be nice to be able to do the latest trend in comic book movies... multiverse. Lol

Have multiple universes that we could go back and see the cause and effect. Since that's not reality, we all get one linear line to handle a health crisis that we haven't felt with in a century.

I always go back to simple, linear thought.

What is this? An attack on our respiratory system.

How do we get it? The people around us give it to us through expelling out of their mouths and noses?

How can we mitigate it? Try to prevent it coming out of mouths and noses and being breathed in, infecting and converting that person into a spreader.

One more thing, it's dormant for 7 to 10 days so, you won't know that you have it at first.

There you go, there are the variables. How do we go about mitigation?

Masks, Distance, Vaccines and in some cases when it's on fire, force people to stay the hell away from each other.

That all makes sense to me.

If someone said use an anal plug I'd be confused, but during this whole ordeal the measures have made sense.

Did they go too long or overboard? Of course but I chalk that up to again, we're doing this without much of a guide.

I'm more confused on the motivations to resist something to me that doesn't seem that complex.

Political warfare is the main thing that makes sense.
Then in your comic book life, why are states that have encouraged people be together, letting the human immune system do it's job, have the greatest level of success? Maybe those states are what have caused the mutation into Omnicron, so the lock down paranoid folks can take advantage of others success....... ONCE AGAIN. Just Maybe?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Then in your comic book life, why are states that have encouraged people be together, letting the human immune system do it's job, have the greatest level of success? Maybe those states are what have caused the mutation into Omnicron, so the lock down paranoid folks can take advantage of others success....... ONCE AGAIN. Just Maybe?

Where is the face palm emoji?

I've meant to ask this before. Back story, I am terrible at research and only have an elementary level of knowledge on the revolutionary war.
What % of the population were active participants in the acts to create this nation from the British oppression? Was is 5%, 10%, 50%? How many were active and how many set back and thus reaped the reward that is this country? I honestly don't know the answer to this question.
From your posting history, you seem to be really good at research, maybe you could find some evidence? Like I said, I am terrible at it, I find to many "squirrels" along the way and chase to many other topics.
That is a good question. I have chased this rabbit before and I found between 6-10% served in the Continental Army, State Militias, or the Navy. A few percent served for the British.

Now that is total population. While a few women snuck in, most were prohibited. So that is half the population. So we are up to 12-20% of eligible. Blacks were for a while not allowed, then were accepted or discouraged. So that would raise the percent of eligible. Then of course some were too old, too young, or infirmed in some way. No way of knowing those numbers.

WW2 is at 11%. So if we think 2% fought for Britain, just a guess based on the belief about 16% of Americans were pro British, we are at 8-12% who fought. Not far off from WW2.

About 45% of eligible men served in the civil war. See link on this below:

It says the same thing as it it did the first time i read it.
Governor Polis declared an end to the emergency. That decision is long overdue. He is way ahead of other blue governors on that point. The Democratic obsession with stopping or eliminating the virus is doing more harm than the virus.

That is a good question. I have chased this rabbit before and I found between 6-10% served in the Continental Army, State Militias, or the Navy. A few percent served for the British.

Now that is total population. While a few women snuck in, most were prohibited. So that is half the population. So we are up to 12-20% of eligible. Blacks were for a while not allowed, then were accepted or discouraged. So that would raise the percent of eligible. Then of course some were too old, too young, or infirmed in some way. No way of knowing those numbers.

WW2 is at 11%. So if we think 2% fought for Britain, just a guess based on the belief about 16% of Americans were pro British, we are at 8-12% who fought. Not far off from WW2.

About 45% of eligible men served in the civil war. See link on this below:

Thanks Marv. That seems to be some reasoned #'s.
Only 8/12% of the pop were steadfast for us all to enjoy our freedoms today as we know them. I think this is a very important number. Thank you sir.

Reactions: Lucy01
Thanks Marv. That seems to be some reasoned #'s.
Only 8/12% of the pop were steadfast for us all to enjoy our freedoms today as we know them. I think this is a very important number. Thank you sir.
So being in uniform is the only thing that counts?

So being in uniform is the only thing that counts?
Well the tanks in the revolutionary war needed parts too. Logistics is a branch of the uniformed !
236518_236518BLK.jpg

Wife went to see her primary health care person today (a nurse practitioner) who she's been with for several years and thinks the world of. She told her she was quitting, just couldn't take it anymore. While it wasn't all about Covid, that had a lot to do with it. Among other things, said she was tired of her patients lying to her about their vaccine status and their compliance with mitigation practices.

Wife said that while in the waiting area, the receptionist had to deal with a hilljack patient who was raising hell about having to wear a mask. In the waiting room. Of a doctor's office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT