ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any reason this team can't win B1G tournament?

I really look forward to when Archie gets a more balanced roster with depth. I feel the culture purge to no longer be an issue in just 1.year. Depth seems on the way in the frontcourt. If Al is bumped down to the 4th guard because Romeo commits then it seems the backcourt will have depth assuming no injuries.

I don't want to look to far ahead. They need to pay back Illinois and Iowa battled MSU to the wire at Iowa. Those are both losable for IU. Win those 2 and maybe they can play spoiler to OSU with that home game or go into Nebrask with confidence.

I think an NIT bid would be awesome just for the extra practice time especially with the season ending a week early.

It's been a long time since I had any interest in watching IU play in the NIT......this year is definitely the exception.....I'm especially interested in seeing if Green, Durham, and Smith can continue to improve as the season comes to a close.........also, I bet IU fans would get behind this team in the tourney.

Reactions: IUgradman
I don't see it happening because we can't win 4 games in 4 days. Also you have to remember we were on a 4 game losing streak before these last two wins. I like how we are playing and winning big but those teams are the two of the worst teams in the league.

Wouldn't it only be 3 games unless we finish in the bottom 4 of the BT?

We shot 57% last night, only because half our shots were layups and dunks. (MN had no answer for our baseline game.) Hitting 38% from 3 isn't going to carry us far.
Nor will our poor FT shooting - which all too often is the difference in games this team would need to win the BTT. Hope they prove me wrong, but I just don;t see it happening.

Reactions: IUgradman
Control your expectations... The higher the pedestal... The higher the fall... About a 0.25 pct chance and that's if all the planets align unexpectedly. In conjunction with a solar eclipse....

IU has never won the
And, we also needed someone to do what McRoberts has been doing.

I cannot imagine how frustrated the opponents must become when they think the play is over and relax ... but then McRoberts comes out of nowhere and slaps the ball off of the other guy's leg out of bounds for a turnover or dives on the floor and bats the ball along the floor to a teammate or jumps in among the trees and takes the ball away from some guy twice his size who wasn't expecting competition.

McRoberts has been doing stuff like this 2-3 times a game, and it's inspiring every time.
Of course if the Hoosiers had 5 McRoberts... they would not score 35 points.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT