ADVERTISEMENT

No more wins in 2024?

Cupps is a role guy off the bench. Need a playmaker
So we learned last night that Cupps can not only fade thru the air on a jump shot going left - he can also drift towards the basket on a straight on wide open 3 pointer. And he shoots with very little arc. I know he is young. And I like his defense. But he has not yet learned to square up with 2 feet? That jump shot is broken and likely never going to be good enough in this modern era of 3 point shooting. All guards have to be shooters. Especially if they are not dynamic penetrator- passer types.

Reactions: Willdog7
Or to be surrounded by playmakers/shooters. Cupps made a handful of incredible 1 handed skip passes last night, that could have led to either 3 point shot attempts or good driving opportunities...if he were throwing those passes to players that were either capable of doing those things...OR felt comfortable enough to do them.

Absent having multiple capable guys around him, I agree, we need a bigger/stronger more effective playmaker as a point guard, thats more capable of getting and making shots on his own. If only we had someone like that on our roster? Oh, right, he's been busy this year nursing injuries and grabbing bags.
X has the skill but never someone to rely on.

Reactions: Willdog7
How long before McNeely asks for a scholarship release?
I am afraid any day. Maybe he sticks to what he signed. We can hope but I don’t see how it matters much.

I am more disgusted than I ever was during, Davis, Sampson, DD, Crean and Archie.

Stoll, I understand your anger but if you more disgusted than when we got put on probation and then Crean cleaned house then I feel for you man. I have lived and breathed all IU sports since a kid in the 60's but nothing disgusts me more than our programs being put on probation.

Are you retired or still doing taxes and accounting. Personally, politicians and the IRS disgust me more than any IU sport could ever do.

Alford..21 -6 with half the talent..
And I'm not over the top for him.
But he and Neal would smoke Painter getting Indiana kids..If that's what we need at time's...

Ware is gone, Mgbako gone, MR gone and we get to read your “I believe in Mike Woodson” garbage all next year.
MR is the one I think might stick around. MM was gone when he got here and Ware will get drafted.

MR is the one I think might stick around. MM was gone when he got here and Ware will get drafted.
Love to have MR back but the lure to go somewhere with good team will be strong along with NIL 💰

Stoll, I understand your anger but if you more disgusted than when we got put on probation and then Crean cleaned house then I feel for you man. I have lived and breathed all IU sports since a kid in the 60's but nothing disgusts me more than our programs being put on probation.

Are you retired or still doing taxes and accounting. Personally, politicians and the IRS disgust me more than any IU sport could ever do.
Trying to get retired but the transition is difficult.

There have been worse times. The reason I more disgusted is I had high expectations that this was finally going to work out.

Reactions: Shuski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT