ADVERTISEMENT

No more wins in 2024?

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
No team is going to win a B1G Conference game when they shoot this poorly and shoot themselves in the foot by giving the opposing team points via Technical Fouls. 6 year Senior PG was 2-7 FT, and committed an immature Technical Foul.
This is reminiscent of Crean Year 1
that had baseball scholarship players playing basketball, and you knew they weren’t going to win any B1G games and not be in the NCAA Tournament, so we had low expectations
IU needs to recruit shooters or be stuck in this Groundhog Day loop of being one of the worst shooting teams in the country, year after year.
There are HS teams & players who can out shoot this IU team!
Recruit more pure shooters or never win the B1G again!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
No team is going to win a B1G Conference game when they shoot this poorly and shoot themselves in the foot by giving the opposing team points vis a Technical Foul.
6 year Senior 2-7 FT, Technical Foul
With baseball scholarship players playing basketball.
But we hired an iu guy so that is all that matters. Quinn is happy.

0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
No team is going to win a B1G Conference game when they shoot this poorly and shoot themselves in the foot by giving the opposing team points via Technical Fouls. 6 year Senior PG was 2-7 FT, and committed an immature Technical Foul.
that had baseball scholarship players playing basketball, and you knew they weren’t going to win any B1G games and not be in the NCAA Tournament, so we had low expectations
IU needs to recruit shooters or be stuck in this Groundhog Day loop of being one of the worst shooting teams in the country, year after year.

You'll beat some cupcakes in November :)

But we hired an iu guy so that is all that matters. Quinn is happy.
And for whatever reason we just have to give him a 4th year.

We’re gonna struggle rest of this year, probably not get Queen because why would he come to a team ranked in the 90s, not magically get a great backcourt in the spring portal, and this will likely continue.

We pay Woody $4M to be elite again, we are the opposite, just move on.

0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
I will remember you said that.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
Don't forget that Crean was 3-15 in the Big Ten in year 3.

• Angry
You’ll get beat by a lower seed in March…cupcake. 😘

I’m confused by our fanbase. I’d take their last 4-5 seasons over ours. I guess it’s what rivals do, but talking about their “lack of NCAA success” when we can’t even get to the tournament seems idiotic to me and scream little brother. That’s what they do.

By the way, they’ve been to an elite 8 and multiple sweet 16s over the last 5 years.

I’m confused by our fanbase. I’d take their last 4-5 seasons over ours. I guess it’s what rivals do, but talking about their “lack of NCAA success” when we can’t even get to the tournament seems idiotic to me and scream little brother. That’s what they do.

By the way, they’ve been to an elite 8 and multiple sweet 16s over the last 5 years.
So you are ok with them sh!t talking without any pushback? Got it.

I’m confused by our fanbase.
Yeah, and it’s not just about the past. IU may never advance to another elite eight. Who knows.

IU fan: “you guys haven’t won anything. Anything less than a final four isn’t winning a thing”. Careful, careful those of you who are obsessed with PU.

CMW has 1 more year to clean up this mess. I believe he can do it but it wont be easy. He's got get a experience guard a PG with 3 pt shooting plus another SG who can 40 % from three. We have a SF who can hit threes. If Ware leaves we may can get DQ or Tiller. I'm not sure on Leal but he has 1 more year. Hopefully Galloway can be on the bench. Its tough when everyone is against you and want you fired. CMW will find out about his character. He can not listen to the noise,stay off social media. BUILT a team we can be proud of you.

CMW has 1 more year to clean up this mess. I believe he can do it but it wont be easy. He's got get an experience guard a PG with 3 pt shooting plus another SG who can 40 % from three. We have a SF who can hit threes. If Ware leaves we may can get DQ or Tiller. I'm not sure on Leal but he has 1 more year. Hopefully Galloway can be on the bench. Its tough when everyone is against you and want you fired. CMW will find out about his character. He can not listen to the noise,stay off social media. BUILT a team we can be proud of you.
Issue is he isn’t building a program. Who is he going to build around? Portal?

I believe it was said before, but another embarrassing lost starts to impact recruiting as they start to see the challenges coupled with the constant whispering in their ear to go elsewhere.

CMW has 1 more year to clean up this mess. I believe he can do it but it wont be easy. He's got get a experience guard a PG with 3 pt shooting plus another SG who can 40 % from three. We have a SF who can hit threes. If Ware leaves we may can get DQ or Tiller. I'm not sure on Leal but he has 1 more year. Hopefully Galloway can be on the bench. Its tough when everyone is against you and want you fired. CMW will find out about his character. He can not listen to the noise,stay off social media. BUILT a team we can be proud of you.
All fair statements. I'm not sure Queen fills a necessary role for the team relative to a vast need for guards. Florida Atlantic plays about 6 guards and 2 F/C. It's been very successful for them these 2 years.

But Woodson has to show he can actually land a guard. Gunn was an Archie recruit. I think Cupps was also interested in IU before Miller was let go. Only X and JHS are true Woodson recruits at guard, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

0-9 3pt range
12-22 FT
Recruit more pure shooters or never win the B1G again!?
You realize 2024 includes the months of next November and December?

Reactions: ReadOnly
All fair statements. I'm not sure Queen fills a necessary role for the team relative to a vast need for guards. Florida Atlantic plays about 6 guards and 2 F/C. It's been very successful for them these 2 years.

But Woodson has to show he can actually land a guard. Gunn was an Archie recruit. I think Cupps was also interested in IU before Miller was let go. Only X and JHS are true Woodson recruits at guard, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I agree with you but we need someone to replace Ware. maybe DQ and Tiller.

• Haha
Don't forget that Crean was 3-15 in the Big Ten in year 3.
It's not an analogous situation, not to mention Crean's "struggles" were self-created/allowed for job security reasons and university politics. Not to mention a totally different day and age and set of rules. There's no comparison to be made there with Crean, and if there were, would that give you optimism after seeing what our floor is? I'm not sure there is a lower level save forfeit out and start the search now, deal with reality. They won't do that though, BTT is the time they'll move. It's got to be embarrassing to the players that should be here if there truly are any

Cupps is a role guy off the bench. Need a playmaker
Or to be surrounded by playmakers/shooters. Cupps made a handful of incredible 1 handed skip passes last night, that could have led to either 3 point shot attempts or good driving opportunities...if he were throwing those passes to players that were either capable of doing those things...OR felt comfortable enough to do them.

Absent having multiple capable guys around him, I agree, we need a bigger/stronger more effective playmaker as a point guard, thats more capable of getting and making shots on his own. If only we had someone like that on our roster? Oh, right, he's been busy this year nursing injuries and grabbing bags.

• Haha
Reactions: BigMobe and 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT