ADVERTISEMENT

Is Biden Acting More Like a King or A Dictator?

Painful when people think they are witty, but are anything but.

Ah. There's yer problem right there.
Wasn't trying to be witty.

Ah. There's yer next problem right there.
Ya think issues of Presidential power - and abuse thereof - are about wit.

Ah. There's yer third problem right there.
Ya didn't deny that Prez Biden is abusing power and the Dims are lying at new-league-record levels, which is pretty high bar these days.

And finally, ya got an extra C

lf

BC-comic.jpg

He was elected to do one thing. Not be Trump.

But his administration seems to see themselves as transformational FDR/ JFK type figures. It will lead to their asses being kicked in 2022.

What's happening in 2022? Is this another conspiracy like the march 4th conspiracy?

Reactions: bigmac76
Is this post stupid or dim witted? I left out trolling, but feel free to keep acting that way.

ps. I am not shocked to see you continue to post material like this. you are 100% consistent.

Another dumb ass thread ...

Painful when people think they are witty, but are anything but.

Your shtick is neither clever nor entertaining. Time to bring down the curtain on this tired act.

Your Biden silence is violence.

Yes he was voted in not to be Trump. The problem is I hear a lot of talk about the boarder and kids. Tough problem.

He was elected to do one thing. Not be Trump.

But his administration seems to see themselves as transformational FDR/ JFK type figures. It will lead to their asses being kicked in 2022.

So are you an alternate persona for the OP, or did you just coincidentally happen to choose a username remarkably similar to one of his past aliases? It's always entertaining when the same poster uses aliases for himself in the same thread... Talk about a captive audience...

As to the claim regarding 2022, I'd say the GOP has a ton of work to do and very little time to do it in. From Gallup today...

"More Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans by a margin that hasn't been seen in a decade, according to a report released by Gallup on Wednesday.

An average of 49% of adults age 18 and older reported Democratic Party affiliation or said they are independent with Democratic leanings throughout the first quarter of 2021, the pollster reported. The survey was conducted by phone from January-March.

In comparison, 40% of adults identified as Republican or Republican-leaning. The 9% difference is the Democrats' largest advantage since the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the report."

Now this may not seem significant until you compare where things were at heading into the first of the year. And events that transpired with the new quarter, like the Jan 6 insurrection and Trump and Rudy playing the fool thruout the month of January...

"Democrats have typically held a 4 to 6 point advantage over Republicans. Shortly before the first quarter of the year, the gap in affiliation was virtually nonexistent before Democrats' advantage widened by 9%."

Reactions: bigmac76
So are you an alternate persona for the OP, or did you just coincidentally happen to choose a username remarkably similar to one of his past aliases? It's always entertaining when the same poster uses aliases for himself in the same thread... Talk about a captive audience...

As to the claim regarding 2022, I'd say the GOP has a ton of work to do and very little time to do it in. From Gallup today...

"More Americans identify as Democrats than Republicans by a margin that hasn't been seen in a decade, according to a report released by Gallup on Wednesday.

An average of 49% of adults age 18 and older reported Democratic Party affiliation or said they are independent with Democratic leanings throughout the first quarter of 2021, the pollster reported. The survey was conducted by phone from January-March.

In comparison, 40% of adults identified as Republican or Republican-leaning. The 9% difference is the Democrats' largest advantage since the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the report."

Now this may not seem significant until you compare where things were at heading into the first of the year. And events that transpired with the new quarter, like the Jan 6 insurrection and Trump and Rudy playing the fool thruout the month of January...

"Democrats have typically held a 4 to 6 point advantage over Republicans. Shortly before the first quarter of the year, the gap in affiliation was virtually nonexistent before Democrats' advantage widened by 9%."
Republicans had a good election outside of president. Won seats in the house and did well in the states. We’ll see how all this spending pans out in a year

Did Farva/HooDat get banned again? I thought he said he was taking a break for a few months, to recover from his most recent beatdown one would assume.
Beatdown?! Are you nuts?! You must not know how to keep score. I have no idea who farva or this guy is but hoodatguy was finally getting this board on track. Shame he left. Can only assume he was needed more urgently elsewhere.

We’re having drinks and ordering appetizers thinking about that fat steak we’re gonna order. In 2022 we’ll get the bill

Kind of doubt it.... there's so much fiscal support that will not actually even hit the economy until late this year and through next year. Biggest risk is overheating and inflation. 19 months is a long time, but Biden's early support numbers are very robust.

The Dems are trying a much different playbook than they did in 2008-10... where they compromised on fiscal stimulus, and then used all political capital on the ACA. Which was demagogued to death. A big infrastructure bill will be much tougher to tear down, as it has a lot of bipartisan support....compared with doing something like an ACA expansion/ MFA, etc....

Kind of doubt it.... there's so much fiscal support that will not actually hit the economy until late this year and through next year. Biggest risk is overheating and inflation. 19 months is a long time, but Biden's early support numbers are very robust.
Hope you’re right. You have a better grasp of economics than I

Republicans had a good election outside of president. Won seats in the house and did well in the states. We’ll see how all this spending pans out in a year
They lost the Senate, too, which was huge. Since 2016 they’ve lost the House, Senate, and WH. Things aren’t trending in the right direction for them. I think they can win back the House, but state and national elections are a problem. Perhaps they can pass legislation where large, diverse, metropolitan areas no longer count.

They lost the Senate, too, which was huge. Since 2016 they’ve lost the House, Senate, and WH. Things aren’t trending in the right direction for them. I think they can win back the House, but state and national elections are a problem. Perhaps they can pass legislation where large, diverse, metropolitan areas no longer count.

It is a thing though that for some reason a new party president really struggles to keep both houses of congress.

Obama didn't and neither did Trump.

Can't remember on Bush Jr. I think Clinton lost congress support also in 94.

I thought there was a 'bloodbath' in 82 where Reagan lost a ton of congressional support that flipped democratic.

So it's a thing and wouldn't surprise me if anything goes bad, or is perceived as bad over the next year.

We’re having drinks and ordering appetizers thinking about that fat steak we’re gonna order. In 2022 we’ll get the bill

I was thinking more along the lines of the midterm shellacking
It is a thing though that for some reason a new party president really struggles to keep both houses of congress.

I thought there was a 'bloodbath' in 82 where Reagan lost a ton of congressional support that flipped democratic.

So it's a thing and wouldn't surprise me if anything goes bad, or is perceived as bad over the next year.
Americans want stability more than anything. When Democrats get in and try to reshape society, Americans get fed up after two years and vote in a check on their power.

People always complain about gridlock and parties not reaching across the aisle. It doesn’t bother me, it SHOULD be extremely hard to get federal legislation passed. That’s a law that will affect 300 million+ people.

People need to STFU about national politics and get involved locally if they really want change.

I was thinking more along the lines of the midterm shellacking

Americans want stability more than anything. When Democrats get in and try to reshape society, Americans get fed up after two years and vote in a check on their power.

People always complain about gridlock and parties not reaching across the aisle. It doesn’t bother me, it SHOULD be extremely hard to get federal legislation passed. That’s a law that will affect 300 million+ people.

People need to STFU about national politics and get involved locally if they really want change.
Spot on. Dems will go too far and we’ll see the pushback.

Reactions: 76-1
Whatever Dems do, Republicans will whine about them going too far because it's good politics just to obstruct. They'd water down most of the Dem bills into things that wouldn't do enough to solve problems or that will actually help most voters. They'll flat out block a lot of other things that have been issues for decades. They'll blow up mole hills into mountains or just invent things out of whole cloth to get people to turn out. Dems do a lot of the same things but they aren't nearly as bad/crazy.

You've got to have your base voters engaged and show you're actually doing something for them to get the people who come out to vote in the Presidential elections to come back.

2022 is going to be really tough since the GOP can re-gerrymander enough votes in states they fully control the drawing of district lines to take back the House.

Simply put, the supporters of the party in power get complacent in terms of energy, etc. When your party is out of power the country is doomed according to the e-mails/ads that go out.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Whatever Dems do, Republicans will whine about them going too far because it's good politics just to obstruct. They'd water down most of the Dem bills into things that wouldn't do enough to solve problems or that will actually help most voters. They'll flat out block a lot of other things that have been issues for decades. They'll blow up mole hills into mountains or just invent things out of whole cloth to get people to turn out. Dems do a lot of the same things but they aren't nearly as bad/crazy.

You've got to have your base voters engaged and show you're actually doing something for them to get the people who come out to vote in the Presidential elections to come back.

2022 is going to be really tough since the GOP can re-gerrymander enough votes in states they fully control the drawing of district lines to take back the House.

Simply put, the supporters of the party in power get complacent in terms of energy, etc. When your party is out of power the country is doomed according to the e-mails/ads that go out.
You're correct but it's even more correct to say that the Republicans began whining about Biden before he did anything, i.e. within a week after his inauguration.

It's amazing how the Republicans can mind-read and fortune-tell what Biden is going to do in the future before he does it. Then, they claim he is somehow mentally deficient, so the bottom line is that Republicans claim they are afraid what a guy will do that they also claim is incapable of doing anything.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I don't think Joe knows whether he is President, King, or Dictator. The only thing he is semi -sure about is that Tuesday night is Meat Loaf, Cream Corn, and Tapioca Pudding Night at the Home.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
I don't think Joe knows whether he is President, King, or Dictator. The only thing he is semi -sure about is that Tuesday night is Meat Loaf, Cream Corn, and Tapioca Pudding Night at the Home.
See what I mean?

As I posted nearby, the Republicans ridiculously claim Biden doesn't know what the hell he is doing (because of imaginary Republican-generated rumors about his mental condition like they publicized about Hillary).

Yet, the Republicans also claim (ha ha) that the whole world should be frightened that Biden will do, well, will do something [fill in the blank]. They can't even identify what it is that they are afraid that he will do.

This shows us that Republicans will automatically say they object to action by Biden no matter what it is (and regardless whether they really object or not). It also proves that Republicans are silly and out-of-date. Lincoln would be be embarrassed. McConnell and Graham are incapable of being embarrassed.

I left 'puppet" out, but feel free to go that way.

PS - I am shocked that people are shocked to see the Dims lying post-election just as much as they always did. WTF?
And why is he so angry in his speeches? Or when anyone asks him a non-softball question.

He's grumpy. That's typical of people who can only focus on the moment, because if they go off-script, they start to babble.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and 76-1
You're correct but it's even more correct to say that the Republicans began whining about Biden before he did anything, i.e. within a week after his inauguration.

It's amazing how the Republicans can mind-read and fortune-tell what Biden is going to do in the future before he does it. Then, they claim he is somehow mentally deficient, so the bottom line is that Republicans claim they are afraid what a guy will do that they also claim is incapable of doing anything.

He actually does anything?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT