ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana @ Virginia Predictions

Interesting...

We are all generally on the same page here.

I'll add a couple of points...

IU 37
VA 33

I think Virginia finds IU just a tad bit, but not too much tougher than William And Mary (Sarcastic). Hoosiers win in a surprisingly easy game 45-17. The caveat is that Indiana comes in flat after getting up for the game against OSU, though that's where I think having the 9 days to get back on track is advantageous.

Reactions: iuhoosierstildeath
I have to know who is healthy for this game. Our O-line will struggle like last year with one of our best not playing. We can't win this game if we can't run the ball. We were fortunate to score early on OSU. Teams (even Virginia) will make it hard on us if we can't run and pass block. We don't want to put the ball in Lagow's hands for 50 or 60 passes.

I have to know who is healthy for this game. Our O-line will struggle like last year with one of our best not playing. We can't win this game if we can't run the ball. We were fortunate to score early on OSU. Teams (even Virginia) will make it hard on us if we can't run and pass block. We don't want to put the ball in Lagow's hands for 50 or 60 passes.
Virginia is looking at this as a winnable game and, as someone said in another thread, a must-win game if they hope to attain bowl eligibility. For these reasons, we can expect their very best effort.

I don't think we can use the Ohio State game as much of a barometer for what we can expect, and will ultimately see, in this game. The OSU game plan was dictated by OSU's NFL-caliber defensive line. Against Virginia, I expect we'll be looking to run the ball with frequency, and with some success.

As an aside, I disagree that we were "fortunate" to score early (actually, it was more than just early) on the Buckeyes. I think our scoring was the product of an intelligent and effective game plan put together by DeBord that was skillfully executed by Lagow, the WRs and Thomas.

Well since this evolved from predictions to commentary I'll add my two cents:

I believe the key to our winning or losing will be the performance of our Offensive Line. They run a 3-4 and that Nose Guard of theirs will simply try to disrupt everything we do before we actually do it.

Whether we handle the NG and the rest of the blocking assignments effectively or not will have a huge impact on the overall outcome.

Don't be surprised if we end up seeing Brandon Knight take some snaps st Center if the other two guys are struggling...

I hope I am wrong. UVA - 27 IU - 24. I will have to see this team and Lagow play well on the road before I start picking them to win. If we lose, it will be a late touchdown that beats us.

Benefit of the doubt prediction:

IU- 34
UVA- 20
(It should be convincing)

Not sure yet about Coaching staffs ability.... good opportunity to show the ship is moving forward

Well since this evolved from predictions to commentary I'll add my two cents:

I believe the key to our winning or losing will be the performance of our Offensive Line. They run a 3-4 and that Nose Guard of theirs will simply try to disrupt everything we do before we actually do it.

Whether we handle the NG and the rest of the blocking assignments effectively or not will have a huge impact on the overall outcome.

Don't be surprised if we end up seeing Brandon Knight take some snaps st Center if the other two guys are struggling...
I think if /when Brandon Knight plays it will be at RT.

I think if /when Brandon Knight plays it will be at RT.

That's his slotted position (RT) but if we find we can't run things due to their NG getting penetration or needing a double team all day long we might just slide him over to Center to get things flowing properly. (Just my opinion, hope it doesn't need to come to that).

That's his slotted position (RT) but if we find we can't run things due to their NG getting penetration or needing a double team all day long we might just slide him over to Center to get things flowing properly. (Just my opinion, hope it doesn't need to come to that).
They've wanted to move him to center since the new staff took over.

I agree center would likely be his best position, his arm length is not ideal for a tackle. Just think the coaches believe the bigger need is at RT , at the moment, and his experience and toughness is an upgrade.

I agree center would likely be his best position, his arm length is not ideal for a tackle. Just think the coaches believe the bigger need is at RT , at the moment, and his experience and toughness is an upgrade.

The bigger need is C. We have a true freshman there.

Truthfully guys I don't know where they'll use him.

My comment about possibly seeing him at Center was based on one of the coaches comments earlier in the week (TA?) indicting that he might be used in more than one position depending on need.

My "guess" is It will probably all depend on who is giving us the most trouble: their DE or their NG.

When he's healthy he's one of our best, if not "the" best OL we've got. Let's hope his body allows him to get some meaningful snaps.

Last edited:
The bigger need is C. We have a true freshman there.
Actually Littlejohn and Crider are both working at center, if you want to know what the coaches are thinking , look at this week's depth chart and look where Knight is listed.

We're going to lose and it's going to be glorious.....
Except I never wrote that. Funny how all of you guys are crowing now after having taken a few days off after your victory predictions over OSU. Hypocrites do that. What's truly funny is that neither of you had the guts to make a pick, yet you're ripping mine because I was wrong. Nothing screams "phony" like that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT