ADVERTISEMENT

Taiwan

Taiwan Semiconductor is probably the most important company on earth right now. The entire US tech industry is reliant on their production capacity for chips. Nvidia is the Wall St darling this year, with their cutting edge GPUs that are in such demand for AI data centers...but they don't actually manufacture anything. TSMC does for them.

The flip side is China also cannot make these chips and are still years away in their own domestic production.

Quite a global conundrum. Taiwan itself is probably screwed long term. But will be defended until we can get chip production going domestically at the level needed. I don't think either side (China/Taiwan) ever wants to fight a war but the new generation of Taiwanese don't really see themselves as Chinese any longer, which is a significant change from the generation that lived through the revolution. Most of those old generations believed in the idea of reunification, but under the fall of the CCP. That's obviously not realistic in today's world.

Last edited:
Taiwan Semiconductor is probably the most important company on earth right now. The entire US tech industry is reliant on their production capacity for chips. Nvidia is the Wall St darling this year, with their cutting edge GPUs that are in such demand for AI data centers...but they don't actually manufacture anything. TSMC does for them.

The flip side is China also cannot make these chips and are still years away in their own domestic production.

Quite a global conundrum. Taiwan itself is probably screwed long term. But will be defended until we can get chip production going domestically at the level needed
China is outflanked by Korea and Japan to the north, and the Philippines to the South and has too long of a supply chain in what will be unsecured waters to have much of a chance holding Taiwan currently. Unless they have some type of major technological advance we don't know about, which is doubtful because they steal their shit from us, it's sabre rattling .and posturing..

If the battle was prolonged for too long they would get their asses kicked. Our subs would feast. That's 100 miles of sea they have to cross to resupply. They would have very little time to secure a bridgehead and if that force needed supplied other than what they bring in, they're basically f**ked. It's a logistical nightmare for them..

China can't take Taiwan without first taking out air and sea bases in Korea, Japan and the Philippines.. basically starting the biggest war we've seen since WW2. They would be insane to even try .. what they would lose would outweigh any probable gain.

Last edited:
China is outflanked by Korea and Japan to the north, and the Philippines to the South and has too long of a supply chain in what will be unsecured waters to have much of a chance holding Taiwan currently. Unless they have some type of major technological advance we don't know about, which is doubtful because they steal their shit from us, it's sabre rattling .and posturing..

If the battle was prolonged for too long they would get their asses kicked. Our subs would feast. That's 100 miles of sea they have to cross to resupply. They would have very little time to secure a bridgehead and if that force needed supplied other than what they bring in, they're basically f**ked. It's a logistical nightmare for them..

China can't take Taiwan without first taking out air and sea bases in Korea, Japan and the Philippines.. basically starting the biggest war we've seen since WW2. They would be insane to even try .. what they would lose would outweigh any probable gain.
Dumb.

Reactions: gmhowes and DANC

Quite a global conundrum. Taiwan itself is probably screwed long term. But will be defended until we can get chip production going domestically at the level needed. I don't think either side (China/Taiwan) ever wants to fight a war but the new generation of Taiwanese don't really see themselves as Chinese any longer, which is a significant change from the generation that lived through the revolution. Most of those old generations believed in the idea of reunification, but under the fall of the CCP. That's obviously not realistic in today's world.
If China were to invade, I bet the TSMC plants would be the first targets. First US targets. I suspect neither we nor Taiwan's leadership want those falling into China's hands.

Man, I hope you’re right. There’s one huge problem. Do you believe the current administration would use those military assets?

Man, I hope you’re right. There’s one huge problem. Do you believe the current administration would use those military assets?
Me too

Are you really suggesting the US would do nothing? Stop .. you're being ridiculous. I know you guys like to make Biden out to be some kind of clown but he listens to his military advisors unlike the former guy.

Real leaders delegate to experts, they don't claim to be experts in everything or claim they have an uncle who is.. *eyeroll*

Taiwan's security is of utmost importance to our allies in that area, and to the world economically .. if those chips stop shipping, economies, including China's would suffer. It may be almost as important as tin, copper and bronze was in 1200BC .. The whole world basically runs on those chips.. the impact wouldn't be sudden but new production would come to a stand still, prices would severely elevate, breakdowns wouldn't be able to get fixed.. I guess that's sudden enough.. it would be devastating to the world as a whole..

Almost all war is economic .. what do they gain vs what do they lose. Is it really worth it? Right now probably not, unless they gain such a huge advantage militarily that they can take and secure the island in a matter of weeks ... maybe in the near future as they build their rocket force which is the biggest current threat.

They have no experience in amphibious landings .. which aren't easy, but are easy to defend against .. Taiwan is a fortress and again, this isn't the English Channel .. it's 100 miles. This isn't a beaten German army in occupied land it's a ready and willing people defending their homeland.. The US had issues with supply early in the Normandy invasion .. 100 miles of sea crossing equals logistics nightmare.

If those chips stop shipping China would create a world full of new enemies..

The one thing we and our allies need to do now is cut off trade and quit feeding their coffers until they quit being an aggressor and also start manufacturing chips ourselves. Win the war before it starts .. quit buying cheap Chinese shit.

Last edited:
Me too

Are you really suggesting the US would do nothing? Stop .. you're being ridiculous. I know you guys like to make Biden out to be some kind of clown but he listens to his military advisors unlike the former guy.

Real leaders delegate to experts, they don't claim to be experts in everything or claim they have an uncle who is.. *eyeroll*

Taiwan's security is of utmost importance to our allies in that area, and to the world economically .. if those chips stop shipping, economies, including China's would suffer. It may be almost as important as tin, copper and bronze was in 1200BC .. The whole world basically runs on those chips.. the impact wouldn't be sudden but new production would come to a stand still, prices would severely elevate, breakdowns wouldn't be able to get fixed.. I guess that's sudden enough.. it would be devastating to the world as a whole..

Almost all war is economic .. what do they gain vs what do they lose. Is it really worth it? Right now probably not, unless they gain such a huge advantage militarily that they can take and secure the island in a matter of weeks ... maybe in the near future as they build their rocket force which is the biggest current threat.

They have no experience in amphibious landings .. which aren't easy, but are easy to defend against .. Taiwan is a fortress and again, this isn't the English Channel .. it's 100 miles. This isn't a beaten German army in occupied land it's a ready and willing people defending their homeland.. The US had issues with supply early in the Normandy invasion .. 100 miles of sea crossing equals logistics nightmare.

If those chips stop shipping China would create a world full of new enemies..

The one thing we and our allies need to do now is cut off trade and quit feeding their coffers until they quit being an aggressor and also start manufacturing chips ourselves. Win the war before it starts .. quit buying cheap Chinese shit.
I hope you’re right. I truly do. I am not trying to be a dick. I just have no confidence Biden would do much, if anything. In my opinion the only reason China would invade is because they have no fear of Biden and his administration.

In my opinion the only reason China would invade is because they have no fear of Biden and his administration.

Which party is preaching more isolationism? And that you say that while pubs tried to block weapons aid to Ukraine, and the Dems wanted to send more .. Does that tell you anything? Taiwan is vastly more important to world security and economic health than Ukraine is. Far more ..

From DoD ... last sentence verifies what I said above.
GObuHqbXcAAXIIr

I hope you’re right. I truly do. I am not trying to be a dick. I just have no confidence Biden would do much, if anything. In my opinion the only reason China would invade is because they have no fear of Biden and his administration.
It doesn't matter who is president. China isn't invading Taiwan without a U.S. response. Period. We could elect Barney the Dinosaur, and there would be a response. Presidents like to think "the buck stops here," but sometimes, you don't really have a choice about what to do, and Taiwan would be one of those situations.

The minute we directly attack a Chinese force ourselves, WW3 has officially started.

We could elect Barney the Dinosaur
With the choices we have currently, I'd vote for him .. after apologizing for my son who at the age of 9, tried to kick him in the nutz when Barney visited his school.. That caused a visit to the principals office, and all three of us had to hide our snickers during the conversation. His little sister loved Barney, he hated that purple MF with a passion... lol ...

lmao please tell me you're not voting. a 5th grader has a more informed understanding of their surroundings.
My gawd you are lame witted AF .. It's no wonder you can't keep a woman. Ya know, besides the obviously effeminate thing ...

My gawd you are lame witted AF .. It's no wonder you can't keep a woman. Ya know, besides the obviously effeminate thing ...
Lmao you’re about the least witty poster on this board. What I like best is when you pretend like the otf was really something and you “ran joe off.” Dumb. Slack jawed. So tired and played and not even clever from the start. Then again your lack of human understanding may leave you ignorant to that fact as well.

As for the rest I trust we all know you’re projecting again.

And don’t vote.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who is president. China isn't invading Taiwan without a U.S. response. Period. We could elect Barney the Dinosaur, and there would be a response. Presidents like to think "the buck stops here," but sometimes, you don't really have a choice about what to do, and Taiwan would be one of those situations.
Define response.

Lmao you’re about the least witty poster on this board. What I like best is when you pretend like the otf was really something and you “ran joe off.” Dumb. Slack jawed. So tired and played and not even clever from the start.

As for the rest I trust we all know you’re projecting again.
You can't just make stupid shit up it ain' gonna work... plus you're just not man enough.

Like I could say ... do you fear black criminals because a dozen Gs ran a choo choo on your ex and blew that shit out until you became a Vienna dog down a hallway.. but that probably wouldn't cause any anger... you know.. unless it's true. That she's being pounded on the daily is probably true but I doubt its by a group of G's.. There's some truth in that you do fear black criminals .. and you have an ex.. but the rest is just dumb shit .. so I'm not going with that angle.

Now, you being effeminate ... that holds enough truth to it to use it as a riff. Face it, you're the most girly poster on this forum and that isn't hyperbole or exaggeration or a crack on Zeke.

Read any post you have about anything you're interested in, other than politics or law and the stereotypical over emotional flaming squeals of glee and repressed homosexual curiosity readily stand out...NTTAWWTOC, but this could also explain your infatuation with trans, manliness, #cocksman, and would certainly explain the inability to keep or please a woman ...

You've bored me enough for one day ... Go play with the manly "dream team" ... they're more your speed.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
You can't just make stupid shit up it ain' gonna work... plus you're just not man enough.

Like I could say ... do you fear black criminals because a dozen Gs ran a choo choo on your ex and blew that shit out until you became a Vienna dog down a hallway.. but that probably wouldn't cause any anger... you know.. unless it's true. That she's being pounded on the daily is probably true but I doubt its by a group of G's.. There's some truth in that you do fear black criminals .. and you have an ex.. but the rest is just dumb shit .. so I'm not going with that angle.

Now, you being effeminate ... that holds enough truth to it to use it as a riff. Face it, you're the most girly poster on this forum and that isn't hyperbole or exaggeration or a crack on Zeke.

Read any post you have about anything you're interested in, other than politics or law and the stereotypical over emotional flaming squeals of glee and repressed homosexual curiosity readily stand out...NTTAWWTOC, but this could also explain your infatuation with trans, manliness, #cocksman, and would certainly explain the inability to keep or please a woman ...

You've bored me enough for one day ... Go play with the manly "dream team" ... they're more your speed.
Lmao from the poster perpetually stuck in the phallic stage posting about children playing basketball who aren’t his own. Go back to posting about 70s bands and youth bball. You’re out of your league with me goofball

Reactions: DANC
Define response.
Military ..

You get that for China to invade Taiwan... they have to attack the US, Korean, Pilipino and Japanese assets in that area first or they risk the high probability of getting blown out of the water before they even reach the shore.. Use some logic from there...

Last edited:
lmao please tell me you're not voting. a 5th grader has a more informed understanding of their surroundings.

If you want to troll on threads there are endless other ones you can do so. Instead you fkd up a serious discussion with personal attacks for no reason other than being a dick. Now this thread will be shit like every other one

Reactions: UncleMark
If China were to invade, I bet the TSMC plants would be the first targets. First US targets. I suspect neither we nor Taiwan's leadership want those falling into China's hands.

TSMC is building the biggest plant in the country, maybe the world in Phoenix metro. It’s insane how big it will be. That should remove some risk that is currently present in terms of chip supply.

If you want to troll on threads there are endless other ones you can do so. Instead you fkd up a serious discussion with personal attacks for no reason other than being a dick. Now this thread will be shit like every other one
No not for no other reason. Being a dick to a poster who does it in every other thread first including another thread that precipitated this response. So the mods can clean up the “dumb” posts and put an end to the no content posts that add nothing or this is how it is. Content only posts let’s go. Otherwise when in Rome

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
No not for no other reason. Being a dick to a poster who does it in every other thread first including another thread that precipitated this response. So the mods can clean up the “dumb” posts and put an end to the no content posts that add nothing or this is how it is. Content only posts let’s go. Otherwise when in Rome we

There are time and places for picking personal fights

I'm not fighting .. this is called playing .. real men play hard.

Some people take things way too seriously. It's just a game of wit and will... if ya don't have the guns to get into the ring .. sit TF down but if you want to talk shit, I may clap back ... and I don't play nice ... He wanted to talk shit, lame ass shit, I decided to have some fun and see if I could make him angry or better yet cry like a lil' B.. we all need hobbies.

fwiw - I pick on him for one reason only, he presents his purely subjective opinions as being undeniable fact while using exaggeration, gross hyperbole or just makes shit up ... Then when anyone calls him out he calls them stupid, or tranny-cuck or some other lame ass cliché' bullshit..

Some may find name calling detestable, I find people who do that kind of shit abhorrent. He's basically nothing but a bullshit artist ..

Also, welcome to the internet ... *eyeroll*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

Some people take things way too seriously. It's just a game of wit and will... if ya don't have the guns to get into the ring .. sit TF down but if you want to talk shit, I may clap back ... and I don't play nice ... He wanted to talk shit, lame ass shit, I decided to have some fun and see if I could make him angry or better yet cry like a lil' B.. we all need hobbies.

fwiw - I pick on him for one reason only, he presents his purely subjective opinions as being undeniable fact while using exaggeration, gross hyperbole or just makes shit up ... Then when anyone calls him out he calls them stupid, or tranny-cuck or some other lame ass cliché' bullshit..

Some may find name calling detestable, I find people who do that kind of shit abhorrent. He's basically nothing but a bullshit artist ..

Real men use….. eyeroll?

You live in an alternate reality where woke and all the rest doesn’t exist. I back my posts with data and you slither off. I’ve been trying to teach you since blm and the riots. Teach you about 990s so you understand how things are funded and shaped and so you’re not so gullible. Many of us have been trying to help you learn. But you’re dug in like hickory and a few others pretending soros isn’t real woke is fake etc.

What’s frustrating is that your addled mind forgets info presented to you and you question the same shit over and over and over. And that’s why I love to pick on you. You’re easily triggered, and such an easy mark. The vast majority of topics we discuss you know nothing about so your only play is a monosyllabic grunt. Dumb. Bc, for the most part, you just don’t know anything. 990s are perfect example with your soros boogeyman bs. A smarter person would move on but your feelings get so triggered you have to post. That’s why I love playing with you. Like a little mouse.

You’re my little board mouse. From now that’s what I’ll call you. mouse

Last edited:
You live in an alternate reality where woke and all the rest doesn’t exist. I back my posts with data and you slither off. I’ve been trying to teach you since blm and the riots. Many of us have been trying to help you learn. But you’re dug in like hickory and a few others pretending soros isn’t real woke is fake etc.

What’s frustrating is that your addled mind forgets info presented to you and you question the same shit over and over and over. And that’s why I love to pick on you. You’re easily triggered, and such an easy mark. The vast majority of topics we discuss you know nothing about so your only play is a monosyllabic grunt. Dumb. Bc, for the most part, you just don’t know anything. A smarter person would move on but your feelings get so triggered you have to post. That’s why I love playing with you. Like a little mouse.

You’re my mouse. From now that’s what I’ll call you. mouse
🐁 👁️ roll… 😂😂

I’d be fine posting like we’re in open court. It’d make for a better board. If someone posts without content or has a personal attack tag a mod and the mod can ban. Self policing would kick in and the culture would change.

But the reality is people post “dumb” bc they have feelings and are triggered and know nothing of a topic, and countless other posters do the same. Just attack.

But like I said im up for it. Or play in the mud. Whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
The minute we directly attack a Chinese force ourselves, WW3 has officially started.
The minute they try and invade Taiwan, WW3 has started. They would have to account for a US response and that invasion would probably be closely preceded by attacks on US forces from Japan to South Korea to the Phillipines to Guam and possibly beyond to Hawaii.

Taiwan is the hottest hot spot on the planet. I don't think there is another trigger to a major conflict more likely to occur on the planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
The minute they try and invade Taiwan, WW3 has started. They would have to account for a US response and that invasion would probably be closely preceded by attacks on US forces from Japan to South Korea to the Phillipines to Guam and possibly beyond to Hawaii.

Taiwan is the hottest hot spot on the planet. I don't think there is another trigger to a major conflict more likely to occur on the planet.
So there’s no way China would make a calculation they could invade Taiwan and we wouldn’t respond militarily?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT