ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana @ Virginia Predictions

VA 34
IU 27
I don't care if you predict Indiana to lose, but it is quite interesting that if we have a nice win, you are absolutely nowhere to be found. If we lose a game, you post about 500 times. I wonder why that is?

Reactions: JohnsyRick
I don't care if you predict Indiana to lose, but it is quite interesting that if we have a nice win, you are absolutely nowhere to be found. If we lose a game, you post about 500 times. I wonder why that is?
Notice a few people like that, interesting.

You mean like your disappearing act after the OSU game? You have no room to talk on this after staying away following your "We're going to win and it's going to be glorious" prediction.

Except I never wrote that. Funny how all of you guys are crowing now after having taken a few days off after your victory predictions over OSU. Hypocrites do that. What's truly funny is that neither of you had the guts to make a pick, yet you're ripping mine because I was wrong. Nothing screams "phony" like that.
What really screams "phony" is pretending to be an IU fan, yet never having a good word to say about the program. Anyone who posts anything positive is accused of being a "sunshine pumper" or "we will win and it will be glorious". Most people who post here are very realistic about the positives and the negatives, of which there are both, but some never see any positives.
As for making picks, I don't ever make picks, didn't for OSU or UVA, won't for FIU. Not my thing, if I could predict the future, I'd move to Vegas and make a fortune. If others enjoy making predictions, good for them.

It's interesting that there were more than a few Indiana "fans" who predicted the team would lose a game it was favored to win.
You know, for those who like making predictions, I have no problem with picking IU to lose if that is what they believe. What is really weak is not stepping up and admitting they were wrong.

Reactions: td75
What really screams "phony" is pretending to be an IU fan, yet never having a good word to say about the program. Anyone who posts anything positive is accused of being a "sunshine pumper" or "we will win and it will be glorious". Most people who post here are very realistic about the positives and the negatives, of which there are both, but some never see any positives.
As for making picks, I don't ever make picks, didn't for OSU or UVA, won't for FIU. Not my thing, if I could predict the future, I'd move to Vegas and make a fortune. If others enjoy making predictions, good for them.
Nothing wrong with being a cheerleader who knows little about the sport, as you've acknowledged yourself to be. But ripping someone else who had the guts to make a pick, when you admitted you did not, makes you a coward. Surprised you would admit how weak you are, but good that you finally recognize it.

Why is not making a prediction cowardly ? What is cowardly is making a prediction poorly ,and then not being strong enough to stand up and say, "I was wrong, nice job Hoosiers".
I actually showed up, unlike you and many others after the OSU game. I acknowledged the win, though I come here to talk football rather than to be a cheerleader without any basis of knowledge, as you've admitted you are. Plenty of room for both. But you're an admitted phony, and nothing you say now changes that fact.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Nothing wrong with being a cheerleader who knows little about the sport, as you've acknowledged yourself to be. But ripping someone else who had the guts to make a pick, when you admitted you did not, makes you a coward. Surprised you would admit how weak you are, but good that you finally recognize it.
Typical lame insults to try and change the focus off your poor "prediction". Didn't figure you would man up and admit you were wrong.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
It's interesting that there were more than a few Indiana "fans" who predicted the team would lose a game it was favored to win.
You mean predicting a loss where IU was favored on the road against a Power 5 team. If you knew anything about IU football, you would have known how rare that is. The cheerleaders are out in force today, that's for sure.

You know, for those who like making predictions, I have no problem with picking IU to lose if that is what they believe. What is really weak is not stepping up and admitting they were wrong.
No kidding. I'm wrong all the damn time. But I have no idea why some people even bother coming here. It's supposed to be fun.

Typical lame insults to try and change the focus off your poor "prediction". Didn't figure you would man up and admit you were wrong.
The score showed I was wrong, but I had the guts to make a prediction. You were both smart to not, given how little you admittedly know, and cowardly, since you lacked the guts to make one yourself. Love that you admit you're a coward. If I could pat you on the head, I would.

No kidding. I'm wrong all the damn time. But I have no idea why some people even bother coming here. It's supposed to be fun.
You only come here to tell people what they can and can't post. In the process, you really are a detriment to this place.

The score showed I was wrong, but I had the guts to make a prediction. You were both smart to not, given how little you admittedly know, and cowardly, since you lacked the guts to make one yourself. Love that you admit you're a coward. If I could pat you on the head, I would.
Is that all you have ? So weak.

I was wrong about yesterday but it comes form watching 40 years of IU losing games like this.

I was wrong about yesterday but it comes form watching 40 years of IU losing games like this.

Interesting point is that we are 5-2 in non-conference road games since 2012, including winning all 3 of the games against P5 teams (UVA, Wake, Missouri) with losses to BG and Navy.

At least based on recent trends, this is a game we should have won (though unfortunately recent trends mean that we'll lose to UVA at home next year)

I get it ,and I've been watching for more than 50, it is why I don't make predictions

i bet if a poll was taken of IUFB fans and was asked about their prediction for any given week during non-conference games, I bet at least 80% would preference the prediction with "on paper, we should win" or something along those lines. We are not accustom to playing to our abilities consistently. I hope TA can continue the change that is taking place.

Saturday was an excellent start.

Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick
i bet if a poll was taken of IUFB fans and was asked about their prediction for any given week during non-conference games, I bet at least 80% would preference the prediction with "on paper, we should win" or something along those lines.
I've always said I'd be happy if we won the games we're supposed to, and really happy if we stole one we weren't. Invariably we end up blowing one of our "should win" games, and if we steal one it doesn't help.

I don't do prediction threads but I am happy to say I got back to even in Vegas. After all, even is about as good as you ever hope for betting IU Football. Lol

Interesting point is that we are 5-2 in non-conference road games since 2012, including winning all 3 of the games against P5 teams (UVA, Wake, Missouri) with losses to BG and Navy.

At least based on recent trends, this is a game we should have won (though unfortunately recent trends mean that we'll lose to UVA at home next year)
Great point. Makes the UVA picks in the prediction thread (again, in a game where we were the favorite) all the more head-scratching.

It's nice to win one of these with a decent margin instead of holding on by toenails or losing at the last second.

It takes "zero guts" to type a few #'s on a message board to predict the outcome of a game . Did your mother hold you as a child? Or are you just here because you're still upset Crean isn't the basketball coach?

It takes "zero guts" to type a few #'s on a message board to predict the outcome of a game . Did your mother hold you as a child? Or are you just here because you're still upset Crean isn't the basketball coach?
I was never a Crean fan, though that has nothing to do with this situation. The cowardly poster couldn't make a prediction bit chose to criticize those who did. He's always been a phony.

I thought you left the board after going AWOL for 10 days. I've been at the lake all weekend. Just got home. Didn't get to watch the game but good win. Hopefully we can build off it.

Reactions: Ewezrfan1
I would like to know why you folks attack each other all of the time. Would you do this face to face? It's a bad look.

I'm not perfect, I've been banned for 12 months once. Anyway, I've tried to not post things I wouldn't say to someone's face.

I would like to know why you folks attack each other all of the time. Would you do this face to face? It's a bad look.

I'm not perfect, I've been banned for 12 months once. Anyway, I've tried to not post things I wouldn't say to someone's face.
I assume Ordfan 10.0 is injecting his unique venom into this thread. This is a much better place since I put that a$$hat on ignore. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT