ADVERTISEMENT

Incredibly smug behavior from PressSec

• Thread starter anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
  • Start date
I agree for most part. Lots of snark isn’t the way she pronounced it with complete disdain still.

If she takes these perceived goads this poorly she’s not going to last very long and nor should she. A unifier doesn’t need a snarky secretary.
Agreed. She's off to a rough start. But the worse interpretation would have been immediately firable.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
dumb

try again sporto
Okay, I'll spell it out in more detail for you, champ. I found the original comment to be hard to understand. It was clear that she was being flippant and defensive, but it was difficult to understand what the hell the "plane of today" comment meant. Mark's added context cleared that up.

It was still a bad performance on her part, but at least I now understand what she meant by that. That's important context.

What it doesn't mean, and what no one with any sort of reading comprehension could possibly think it meant, was "My team is cleared!" So you clearly have no reading comprehension.

Understand, now?

Man it’s refreshing that these types of things are the big issues of the day. At least this administration is (1) holding daily briefings and (2) not lying to the American people through the press secretary. Both positive steps.

To clarify, are we allowed to snicker about the Space Force name and uniforms? I mean...come on.

I’m still looking forward to the huge Army vs. Space Force football game. It’s the game for the universe, some say.
I'm more of a basketball fan

homepage_EB19961115REVIEWS611150305AR.jpg

Okay, I'll spell it out in more detail for you, champ. I found the original comment to be hard to understand. It was clear that she was being flippant and defensive, but it was difficult to understand what the hell the "plane of today" comment meant. Mark's added context cleared that up.

It was still a bad performance on her part, but at least I now understand what she meant by that. That's important context.

What it doesn't mean, and what no one with any sort of reading comprehension could possibly think it meant, was "My team is cleared!" So you clearly have no reading comprehension.

Understand, now?

I "understood" before...I would not have posted had I not.

It is exactly what you meant Sporto. You are consistently consistent.

But we appreciate you walking it back even if just a bit and in a back handed way.

Baby steps grasshopper.

Man it’s refreshing that these types of things are the big issues of the day. At least this administration is (1) holding daily briefings and (2) not lying to the American people through the press secretary. Both positive steps.

To clarify, are we allowed to snicker about the Space Force name and uniforms? I mean...come on.
You are allowed to snicker about the name. It’s objectively dumb. A press secretary is not. That’s smug and anti-morale behavior. I’d have still fired her.

But let’s please not lose out on the fact that Jim Acosta isn’t performing his act with Biden like he did with Trump. Let’s not pretend that it’s nothing but a series of softballs being lobbed at Joe’s team because the journalists wear the same jersey. If machine gunning a GOP press secretary with nonstop COVID questions was important two months ago it’s as important today. Isn’t it? Or is COVID no longer an issue? I think it is.

By the way, I shouldn’t have to disclaim it again but I will: I hate Trump. But if we’re in the middle of a pandemic that is so bad it cost Trump his presidency and flipped the entire government blue, partly because of how the media shoved that narrative down our throats - then I expect the same pressure will befall Biden. Do you agree?

You are allowed to snicker about the name. It’s objectively dumb. A press secretary is not. That’s smug and anti-morale behavior. I’d have still fired her.

But let’s please not lose out on the fact that Jim Acosta isn’t performing his act with Biden like he did with Trump. Let’s not pretend that it’s nothing but a series of softballs being lobbed at Joe’s team because the journalists wear the same jersey. If machine gunning a GOP press secretary with nonstop COVID questions was important two months ago it’s as important today. Isn’t it? Or is COVID no longer an issue? I think it is.

By the way, I shouldn’t have to disclaim it again but I will: I hate Trump. But if we’re in the middle of a pandemic that is so bad it cost Trump his presidency and flipped the entire government blue, partly because of how the media shoved that narrative down our throats - then I expect the same pressure will befall Biden. Do you agree?

I expect the press to go after Biden like they did Clinton, Bush, and Obama. Treat him like a typical POTUS. Where it appears we disagree is that I believe that Trump was historically and uniquely terrible. He and his presidency had nothing in common with those I listed before him. He and his administration brought on the media coverage they received, and that includes his press secretaries lying almost every time they spoke.

Journalists don’t need to ask a question more than once if the press secretary answers directly and honestly the first time.

If the press secretary is evasive or dishonest, the journalist is obligated by due diligence to ask again and again and again.

Your post indicates you don’t know this.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You bring up a good point - the amount of indignation over the Benghazi hearings from the right would lead me to believe that they'll start up the drum beat for hearings, answers and culpability for the Capitol insurrection from that same legislators on the right. <<sarcasm font off>>.
You're right. I say hearings from now until the 2022 Congressional elections.

Maybe we can get a "What difference does it make??"

Thanks Hillary. Pass the hot sauce.

Last edited:
I know the context. What's your point? She still said it.
And her, Susan Rice, and Obama continued to perpetuate the myth that the attack was because of a video.

The point is that your point is stupid. What's next? "Al Gore said he invented the internet!"?

Last edited:
The point is that your point is stupid. What's next? "Al Gore said he invented the internet!"
Weak.
The point is her quote and her obvious indifference is the takeaway from the Benghazi hearings.
Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative. One of the myriad of reasons why Trump cleaned her clock.

And by the way, I'm no "Trumpster," but in my world he's a helluva lot better than the cadaver-in-chief that's in there now.

Last edited:
Weak.
The point is her quote and her obvious indifference is the takeaway from the Benghazi hearings.
Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative. One of the myriad of reasons why Trump cleaned her clock.

That is just plain dumb. The FACT is that no one knew why the consulate was attacked in the few days afterward. The FACT is that Clinton meant "What difference does it make what their motivation was when we have 4 people dead? They attacked and killed Americans. We need to find whomever was responsible no matter the reason."

What do you think of George W. Bush saying 9/11 attacks were because "The terrorists hate our freedom."? Do you think that's a correct assessment of the reason they flew planes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon? Or do you think the attacks were because of US military presence in Saudi Arabia and our support for Israel?

That is just plain dumb. The FACT is that no one knew why the consulate was attacked in the few days afterward. The FACT is that Clinton meant "What difference does it make what their motivation was when we have 4 people dead? They attacked and killed Americans. We need to find whomever was responsible no matter the reason."

What do you think of George W. Bush saying 9/11 attacks were because "The terrorists hate our freedom."? Do you think that's a correct assessment of the reason they flew planes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon? Or do you think the attacks were because of US military presence in Saudi Arabia and our support for Israel?
Dude, get a fracking clue.

She had been warned for months by Ambassador Stevens that Benghazi was becoming a hot zone, and that the consulate was being cased. He repeatedly asked for added security.

She did nothing.

The attack on the consulate and nearby CIA annex lasted more than 12 hours.

She and Obama did nothing.

That and her testimony at the Senate hearing show her level of indifference.

Moron.

Last edited:

She had been warned for months by Ambassador Stevens that Benghazi was becoming a hot zone, and that the consulate was being cased. He repeatedly asked for added security.

She did nothing.

Her and Obama did nothing.

Moron.

Links?

She did nothing.

Moron.

What are your thoughts on the 60 people killed at embassies and consulates during the Bush Admin? Or the memo handed to w saying “Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside America.”

You honestly think Hillary Clinton and Obama just said “F*ck them.”

That is patently absurd

She did nothing.

Moron.

Do you think the military can just magically appear anywhere at any time?

I'm sorry...I keep forgetting, you think George Soros, Hollywood, and Democrats are running a child trafficking ring and are secretly lizard people who worship Satan. And that an Israeli laser is starting forest fires.

I'm not sure why I would expect substance from your garbage posts.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I'm sorry...I keep forgetting, you think George Soros, Hollywood, and Democrats are running a child trafficking ring and are secretly lizard people who worship Satan. And that an Israeli laser is starting forest fires.

Nice red herrings. Try reading the articles, you might learn a thing or two.

"Arguing"?? Bitter emotional tantrums hardly qualify as "arguing".

But you will continue to do that...it is part of your creed.

As I said...somebody did a number on you dude.
It's a side effect of incel. See a lot of this on here.

Last edited:
The FACT is that no one knew why the consulate was attacked in the few days afterward.

Fine, you might correct about that, although I sincerely doubt it. But I'll grant you it.

If that's the case, then why did they put out the lie about the terrorists being inspired by a video? And then have Susan Rice go on five Sunday shows to repeat and spread that lie.

Fact is, they were looking for a diversion for their indifference and incompetence.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the 60 people killed at embassies and consulates during the Bush Admin? Or the memo handed to w saying “Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside America.”

You honestly think Hillary Clinton and Obama just said “F*ck them.”

That is patently absurd
They didn't have to say "F*ck them."

Their actions, inactions and subsequent lies are tantamount to saying "F*ck them."

Nice projection. Try removing the scales from your eyes. It may allow to see the failings of your fellow libs.

One of my top expectations for this Administration is to restore pride and professionalism to public service. The performance of the last Administration in almost every position should not be part of the discussion. Especially in communications.
Pride and professionalism?

You mean lying through your teeth but with a shit-eating smile?
What does pride and professionalism have to do with being competent?

Just because they sell it to the public with some smooth spin doesn’t mean the policy is any good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT