ADVERTISEMENT

Incredibly smug behavior from PressSec

• Thread starter anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
  • Start date
Yeah, she had to tweet out an apology of sorts within hours of this press conference. I suspect the COS or Biden himself redirected here there. You live, you learn. I don't think the honeymoon with the press will last as long as some think.

Press Sec must be a tough job regardless of who the president is. Especially if you're doing press conferences nearly everyday. She's going to make mistakes. As long is she doesn't lie too much she'll be ok.

It's definitely the one job I wouldn't want.

Reactions: Bill4411
Yeah, she had to tweet out an apology of sorts within hours of this press conference. I suspect the COS or Biden himself redirected here there. You live, you learn. I don't think the honeymoon with the press will last as long as some think.

Press Sec must be a tough job regardless of who the president is. Especially if you're doing press conferences nearly everyday. She's going to make mistakes. As long is she doesn't lie too much she'll be ok.

So you are saying she circled back to apologize?

She gets a lot of flack for her constant “I’ll get back to you on that” returns. I have zero problem with someone not wanting to speak incorrectly and regroup. But this dismissiveness over a branch of the armed forces (no matter how silly-named) is a fireable offense.

I think you're spot on with regard to how hard the job is. IIRC, presidents from both sides of the aisle seem to cycle through press secretaries on a fairly regular cycle. Without looking it up, I'd guess the average tenure of a press secretary is between 1-2 years over the last couple of decades.

I think you're spot on with regard to how hard the job is. IIRC, presidents from both sides of the aisle seem to cycle through press secretaries on a fairly regular cycle. Without looking it up, I'd guess the average tenure of a press secretary is between 1-2 years over the last couple of decades.
It's one thing to come out of the gate though with this miserable, arrogant attitude. That's different than a tough job. The last one was the same way. Bizarre.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything different from her. She was the same way as press secretary for the Secretary of State during the Obama administration. Incredibly condescending during the whole Benghazi episode.

If you are offended by Psaki's glib reaction to a question about the Space Force I am surprised no one at The Cooler has been upset by the Netflix comedy series Space Force starring Steve Carell which has aired since March 2020.

Would not be surprised to discover Psaki might have seen some episodes.

Reactions: iuwclurker
I don't know why anyone would expect anything different from her. She was the same way as press secretary for the Secretary of State during the Obama administration. Incredibly condescending during the whole Benghazi episode.
just another smug liberal!

Reactions: F.Fletch
Since when did Press Secretaries turn into such insufferable a-holes? Does it precede Spicer?

She should personally visit the servicemen and servicewomen and apologize. What a smug ass.

Yawn.

Joking about the pretentious name. OMG! End of the world!!! God forbid someone has a sense of humor!

Of course politically correct snowflake conservatives will invent outrage that she insulted the military. (eyeroll)

sigh

It was not a good look, but (and this will be called whataboutism, I guess) smugness is under Kayleigh McEnany's picture in the dictionary, along with liar and Trump sock puppet.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It was not a good look, but (and this will be called whataboutism, I guess) smugness is under Kayleigh McEnany's picture in the dictionary, along with liar and Trump sock puppet.
One of my top expectations for this Administration is to restore pride and professionalism to public service. The performance of the last Administration in almost every position should not be part of the discussion. Especially in communications.

So another folder to file under “we don’t have to be good, just better than the last one” cabinet you clearly have?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
One of my top expectations for this Administration is to restore pride and professionalism to public service. The performance of the last Administration in almost every position should not be part of the discussion. Especially in communications.
Precisely. The MSM is shoving the “he’s a unifier!” trope down my throat. I’d love to believe it. Have a long way to go.

So another folder to file under “we don’t have to be good, just better than the last one” cabinet you clearly have?
I said it was not a good look. It can be totally unacceptable, a performance to be fired for, and still be better than the last one.

"Pointing out the hypocrisy of people thinking that the last one was just fine" is the folder to file my comment in.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Since when did Press Secretaries turn into such insufferable a-holes? Does it precede Spicer?

She should personally visit the servicemen and servicewomen and apologize. What a smug ass.

I think the steady diet of softballs and cupcakes she has gotten so far makes her more comfortable with the partisan jabs. Entitled.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You bring up a good point - the amount of indignation over the Benghazi hearings from the right would lead me to believe that they'll start up the drum beat for hearings, answers and culpability for the Capitol insurrection from that same legislators on the right. <<sarcasm font off>>.

I think the steady diet of softballs and cupcakes she has gotten so far makes her more comfortable with the partisan jabs. Entitled.
There are some reporters trying to goad her. The other day she got a question about changing the color scheme of Air Force One away from the Trump color scheme. That was what she was referring to with the "Wow, Space Force! It’s the plane of today!" comment. Granted, she handled it inartfully, but lets not go overboard with the Disrespecting Our Service Members trope.

There are some reporters trying to goad her. The other day she got a question about changing the color scheme of Air Force One away from the Trump color scheme. That was what she was referring to with the "Wow, Space Force! It’s the plane of today!" comment. Granted, she handled it inartfully, but lets not go overboard with the Disrespecting Our Service Members trope.

That doesn't even make sense.

Sounds like someone is having a fainting couch moment.

Thanks for adding the context. That makes the story way more understandable.
I agree for most part. Lots of snark isn’t the way she pronounced it with complete disdain still.

If she takes these perceived goads this poorly she’s not going to last very long and nor should she. A unifier doesn’t need a snarky secretary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT