ADVERTISEMENT

Big week coming up

Baller23Boogie

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
I think I did someone wrong in another life.

This Thursday, my daughter is going in go have her baby. A little over a week ago, maybe a week and a half, my youngest came down with mono. Not cool, but we can deal.

Over the weekend, my 17 year old started with a cough that got really bad and then last night she started with a fever. I took her to the walk-in clinic this morning and she tested positive for the flu. She's right at the cutoff for Tamaflu, so hopefully it works.

I'm telling you, if my wife comes down sick before this baby comes, after everything we've been through, she will literally turn into Thanos and....

infinity war avengers GIF

I apologize if half the world ends up gone Thursday night. You can blame it on me if it does.

This Thursday, my daughter is going in go have her baby. A little over a week ago, maybe a week and a half, my youngest came down with mono. Not cool, but we can deal.

Over the weekend, my 17 year old started with a cough that got really bad and then last night she started with a fever. I took her to the walk-in clinic this morning and she tested positive for the flu. She's right at the cutoff for Tamaflu, so hopefully it works.

I'm telling you, if my wife comes down sick before this baby comes, after everything we've been through, she will literally turn into Thanos and....

I apologize if half the world ends up gone Thursday night. You can blame it on me if it does.
Oh man. Good luck!!! Definitely going around. I threw up all sat night. And no booze.

Good luck.

Gramps

Yeesh. Can your wife quarantine from the other kids? They'll be fine, but more so she doesn't get it before she is needed to help with your daughter?

On the plus side, the Flu is relatively short-lived, no? Not sure how long the contagion element persists, but seems almost better than a cold, in some ways.

Are you eligible for RSV vax? Doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Yeesh. Can your wife quarantine from the other kids? They'll be fine, but more so she doesn't get it before she is needed to help with your daughter?

On the plus side, the Flu is relatively short-lived, no? Not sure how long the contagion element persists, but seems almost better than a cold, in some ways.

Are you eligible for RSV vax? Doesn't sound like it.

To young for the RSV vax.

I'm taking the bullet and doing the majority of the work with the kids when they're sick. If I get something, so be it, but she can't miss this birth, being it's the first and the oldest daughter.

I think she might be at the point where she goes to a hotel until Thursday just to be on the safe side. 😄

I wasn't aware it's a boy. Best part of this story so far. My grandfather died when i was 5 so i have very few memories but damn I can't wait to corrupt a young person who isn't totally my responsibility.

Yeah, a boy.

I'll actually want to play with the toys I buy him instead of faking it.

• Love
Reactions: zeke4ahs and larsIU

And the week before Christmas?? Now that’s a week! Good luck!!

I read this wrong. I thought you were having another child. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT