ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Senator Britt - make me a sandwich!

What a surprise that GOP guy doesn’t get it. Same guys that put her out there. Everyone else has figured out it was a mistake but you’ll never admit it. Let’s have her washing the toilet next time. Nothing wrong with that? Amirite?
Washing the toilet? WTF? Why would you connect that dot to being female? I think you are more misogynistic than me.

As I said, she showed she wasn’t ready for the show but has nothing to do with the kitchen. But you go ahead with that stupid connection sweetie.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Sure it does. The fact that nearly everyone agrees with me, including g Republicans is definitely the opposite of proving my point. Sure thing. Tell yourself whatever you need.
Yep. Group think allows people to escape real think.

You and others who are triggered by the kitchen is the stereotype. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a kitchen.
I agree with you that the kitchen setting in and of itself isn’t the issue. “Kitchen table issues” and all that and the “suburban mom” demo, you can understand the rationale behind it.

Maybe not the best choice when your opponents are eager to cast you as misogynist though in a vacuum I don’t see it as a big deal.

The content of what Britt said I had no issue with either.

It was the bizzare delivery that left people scratching their heads. She seemed like she was on the verge of a mental break or something.

Republicans just had to be normal. Give a normal response in a normal tone and draw a contrast with the elderly man hopped up on speed that just berated the country for over an hour.

But they couldn’t even accomplish that.

Washing the toilet? WTF? Why would you connect that dot to being female? I think you are more misogynistic than me.

As I said, she showed she wasn’t ready for the show but has nothing to do with the kitchen. But you go ahead with that stupid connection sweetie.
Both are inappropriate places to have a professional be speaking, man or woman. No surprise you continue to miss the point.

80's sandwich GIF by absurdnoise's sandwich GIF by absurdnoise
Perfection.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Both are inappropriate places to have a professional be speaking, man or woman. No surprise you continue to miss the point.
Professional? BS That’s whats wrong. We need to further the idea of citizen legislators. Professional lifetime members of Congress is part of the problem. That breeds arrogance and privilege, not representatives.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
I agree with you that the kitchen setting in and of itself isn’t the issue. “Kitchen table issues” and all that and the “suburban mom” demo, you can understand the rationale behind it.

Maybe not the best choice when your opponents are eager to cast you as misogynist though in a vacuum I don’t see it as a big deal.

It was the bizzare delivery that left people scratching their heads. She seemed like she was on the verge of a mental break or something.

Republicans just had to be normal. Give a normal response in a normal tone and draw a contrast with the elderly man hopped up on speed that just berated the country for over an hour.

I would have had her walking around the kitchen, maybe even figure out how to work in some props. She came across as too rigid and robotic.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
Professional? BS That’s whats wrong. We need to further the idea of citizen legislators. Professional lifetime members of Congress is part of the problem. That breeds arrogance and privilege, not representatives.
Um do you need a dictionary to look up the meaning of professional? It has nothing to do with being a lifetime member of Congress. Oh and what are your excuses for her lying?

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Britt's entire career has been in national politics. For fk sake ... She literally started working for Senator Shelby as soon as she graduated college and has done nothing else but political work... almost everything as his minion.

Surely you aren't putting her up as this romantic idea in your head of a citizen legislator. She is more a professional politician than you could ever find. Who does very bad acting as a normal housewife.

Like I said…..I could have written the SNL Cold Open. Such an easy target….

It was bizarre because it was totally fake. Trying to pass off someone who is a career politico as a normal housewife was as desperate as it gets.

May the Trump party burn to the ground.

Kitchens are the places where families have hard conversations. Like how Mommy freaked out the entire nation. 👏👏👏

Um do you need a dictionary to look up the meaning of professional? It has nothing to do with being a lifetime member of Congress. Oh and what are your excuses for her lying?
Do you have excuses for the lies that Biden told in his speech. There were some and even Democrat analysts acknowledged them. Would you? My guess is no.

Do you have excuses for the lies that Biden told in his speech. There were some and even Democrat analysts acknowledged them. Would you? My guess is no.
I haven’t seen them but if he did I have no excuses. Exaggerated, but out and out lies, of course no excuses.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/08/katie-britt-sotu-reaction. Read and learn what your fellow Republicans had to say. You think Biden’s speech was bizarre, well I’ve got news for you….
Says the dementia denier.

The criticism was that she wasn’t bitchy enough. Yeah, let’s have more of that.

I don’t give a damn what you and the world thinks. Her speech was closer to what we need from political leaders than what the feisty fiery, drug infused Biden delivered. He put the age question to rest my ass. This is the guy who just days before was confused by a podium and needed note cards to carry on a one-on-one conversation. We can’t have a president who can only do his job while amped up on speed.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Trying to pass off someone who is a career politico as a normal housewife was as desperate as it gets.
No way. Passing off members of congress as ordinary people is good messaging. She didn’t pull it off. But it was a good idea.

Britt's entire career has been in national politics. For fk sake ... She literally started working for Senator Shelby as soon as she graduated college and has done nothing else but political work... almost everything as his minion.

Surely you aren't putting her up as this romantic idea in your head of a citizen legislator. She is more a professional politician than you could ever find. Who does very bad acting as a normal housewife.
I stand by my objections to professional politicians. There is nothing romantic about it.

I don’t know Britt at all, but I see nothing inconsistent with being a staffer and also being a citizen legislator. We still have some. If her citizen job is being a mom and homemaker why would you or anyone ridicule that?

I stand by my objections to professional politicians. There is nothing romantic about it.

I don’t know Britt at all, but I see nothing inconsistent with being a staffer and also being a citizen legislator. We still have some. If her citizen job is being a mom and homemaker why would you or anyone ridicule that?
How about the making shit up part? No issue that I assume...just a means to an end

Are you defending every false thing Biden said in his speech? See fact check above.
Apparently they couldn't come up with much so they had to include omissions and pretend they were lies. And hard to get mad at someone for lying when they have dementia. Lol

What is Britt's excuse? She ain't old and I highly doubt she forgot the truth

But yes, biden was wrong for lying. Can C.O., you and any other biased conservative say the same of Britt or just have excuses and yabbuts?

Apparently they couldn't come up with much so they had to include omissions and pretend they were lies. And hard to get mad at someone for lying when they have dementia. Lol

But yes, biden was wrong for lying. Can C.O., you and any other biased conservative say the same of Britt or just have excuses and yabbuts?
So there you go, you cannot criticize Democrat Joe Biden for lies he told during his speech, but you can't stop criticizing Britt. I don't excuse any lie Britt told. A lie is a lie.

Even had a segment with Britt keeping up the lie. She's going to catch up with Santos on the lie'o'meter.

The take away from this thread is that liberal Democrats are more misogynistic than conservative Republicans. You only care about the right kind of women with the right kind of experiences saying the right kind of things.

The take away from this thread is that liberal Democrats are more misogynistic than conservative Republicans. You only care about the right kind of women with the right kind of experiences saying the right kind of things.
Amy Coney Barrett was also treated reprehensibly, both here and elsewhere.

It’s, unfortunately, nothing new.

What should be disturbing is that she was willing to do the breathless little woman in the kitchen bit as instructed. Someone with some sense and backbone would have told them to fvck off with that shit.
Probably why they didn't ask Nancy Mace.

That’s stupid. No one should support all women, any more than anyone should support all men. There are women who do bad things and men who do also.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Amy Coney Barrett was also treated reprehensibly, both here and elsewhere.

It’s, unfortunately, nothing new.
I don’t remember that as much as people being mad about the way it was done. And that she was obviously the anti choice vote seated for that purpose and like the others lied about it. ( incoming all the reasons you say she didn’t lie. She did )

I don’t remember that as much as people being mad about the way it was done. And that she was obviously the anti choice vote seated for that purpose and like the others lied about it. ( incoming all the reasons you say she didn’t lie. She did )
Not true. There were hateful, loathsome feminists claiming that she didn't have a mind of her own and mocking her affiliation with her community Christian group.

Well let’s just say I don’t consider myself a Handmaid.

I think she has to ask her husband what he thinks about the sky first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT