ADVERTISEMENT

I have a flagpole and the flag is at half-staff for Senator Feinstein.

Aloha Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
The flag is at half-staff now and will be half-staff until sunset tomorrow as requested by the White House. I did the same for Ted Kennedy. I'll do the same for President Bill Clinton. This is the same as I've done for Republican Senators, Cabinet members, etc. It's the right thing to do.

People here know I've harshly criticized Feinstein, Kennedy and probably especially Bill Clinton. That's irrelevant. We honor the office always. Many times we're also personally honoring the person as well because we admired them during their lifetimes. You can't tell by my flagpole if I personally admired the individual in the office I'm respecting and that's the way it should be.

How many of you do the same - or would if you had a flagpole?

RIP, Senator.

And why don't you America hating, pinko, commie bastages have flagpoles proudly flying the US flag! ;)

The flag is at half-staff now and will be half-staff until sunset tomorrow as requested by the White House. I did the same for Ted Kennedy. I'll do the same for President Bill Clinton. This is the same as I've done for Republican Senators, Cabinet members, etc. It's the right thing to do.

People here know I've harshly criticized Feinstein, Kennedy and probably especially Bill Clinton. That's irrelevant. We honor the office always. Many times we're also personally honoring the person as well because we admired them during their lifetimes. You can't tell by my flagpole if I personally admired the individual in the office I'm respecting and that's the way it should be.

And why don't you America hating, pinko, commie bastages have flagpoles proudly flying the US flag! ;)
No I wouldn’t bother. I don’t care about her. She seemed in it for herself. Not true public service

No I wouldn’t bother. I don’t care about her. She seemed in it for herself. Not true public service
I think we all secretly (or not so secretly) think that about the politicians on the other side. I think it's best to assume they're doing what they think is right even if they're severely mistaken that what they're doing is right! ;)

Reactions: hoot1 and larsIU
I think we all secretly (or not so secretly) think that about the politicians on the other side. I think it's best to assume they're doing what they think is right even if they're severely mistaken that what they're doing is right! ;)
No has nothing to do with sides. Just her. Same for trump. I couldn’t care less when he passes. Along with so many others. Politicians today, many, are a far cry from public servants grinding it out on the general schedule as I’ve said before. Self interest. Narcissistic. Power. Etc.

Reactions: ulrey and jet812
And why don't you America hating, pinko, commie bastages have flagpoles proudly flying the US flag!
Got into it with the wife recently over a similar issue. We were driving around and i called her out a bit on her insitence that only Trumpers fly the flag. I told her I would if we had a flagpole and she believed people would just assume we're Trumpers. After letting her I know i really didn't give a shit what anybody thought of me I told her it shouldn't be political. It represents America. All of it. And that Dems shouldn't be afraid to say so.

She has yet to admit she's wrong but we've got years to figure that out.

RIP, Senator.

I trhought Scarborough (who served opposite her in Congress in the 90s) did a very good job of reminding us what a trailblazing pioneer she was, esp when it came to women in Govt. Her advancing age and declining health seemed to sneak up on me, and as someone who actually lived thru most of her career I lost sight of some of the accomplishments that younger folks seem unaware of.

I guess that's just another way that advanced age robs us of our life and diminishes our accomplishments. She was far more than just an elderly woman who suffered from dementia...

En
No has nothing to do with sides. Just her. Same for trump. I couldn’t care less when he passes. Along with so many others. Politicians today, many, are a far cry from public servants grinding it out on the general schedule as I’ve said before. Self interest. Narcissistic. Power. Etc.
End congressional retirements. Let them fund their own retirements like millions of Americans do.

Got into it with the wife recently over a similar issue. We were driving around and i called her out a bit on her insitence that only Trumpers fly the flag. I told her I would if we had a flagpole and she believed people would just assume we're Trumpers. After letting her I know i really didn't give a shit what anybody thought of me I told her it shouldn't be political. It represents America. All of it. And that Dems shouldn't be afraid to say so.

Wives are sometimes (often) wrong. Just don't tell her that too often! ;)

“Only Trumpers fly the flag”

How f’kd up is that?

RIP, Senator.

I think the half mast thing has gotten way out of hand. If I had a flag pole, I would lower it in recognition for dying while serving the country. A politician dying of natural causes while holding office likely wouldn’t qualify. It’s case-by-case. I would have lowered it for McCain. BTW, my flag is on a pole on the front of the house, I can’t lower it.

Reactions: jet812
I think it's best to assume they're doing what they think is right
I agree with you on most things but not that statement. Maybe I've just become too cynical but I think 90% of them do what they think will get them elected again and that applies to both sides. I think IN had a couple people that did what they thought was right..... Lugar and Lee Hamilton (even though I disagreed with him a lot of times).

Sure but losing your love and allegiance for your Country? Again f’kd up
I tihnk her fear is being accused of being a trumper. she's a naturalized citizen so she did the work.

She might be a double agent though........answers some of the questions...hmmmmm

Last edited:
She might be a double agent though........answer some of the questions...hmmmmm
I mean, why else would she be sleeping with you? Your car?

Chelsea Women Burn GIF by Barclays WSL

My flag is White, Blue and Red...patriotic!

Last edited:
Sousa tune … “Three cheers for the red white and blue” …
likely better known as “Be kind to your web footed friends”

I think the half mast thing has gotten way out of hand. If I had a flag pole, I would lower it in recognition for dying while serving the country. A politician dying of natural causes while holding office likely wouldn’t qualify. It’s case-by-case. I would have lowered it for McCain. BTW, my flag is on a pole on the front of the house, I can’t lower it.
For your flag situation you put a black ribbon above the flag to symbolize half-mast. I never did that when I displayed flags the same way. Civilians aren’t required to follow the half-staff proclamations so do what you want to do.

Last edited:

RIP, Senator.

This post is one of those that sounds sexual but isn't.

Reactions: All4You
I agree with you on most things but not that statement. Maybe I've just become too cynical but I think 90% of them do what they think will get them elected again and that applies to both sides. I think IN had a couple people that did what they thought was right..... Lugar and Lee Hamilton (even though I disagreed with him a lot of times).
Voted for Hamilton and Lugar as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT