ADVERTISEMENT

I'm probably making a mistake getting out in front here, but . . .

I'm deadly serious. One state protects its citizens and the other allows violent mobs to go hog wild.
That's because they killed a majority of the dissidents during the Cultural Revolution. Mao made Stalin and Hitler look like amateurs.

There's a difference between the two countries ethically and morally. I know you know that. Not the people, people are people everywhere but the CCP is an evil entity. Hard to say that with a corrupt imbecile in charge of the US but it stands. I doubt they are protecting anything other than their power and assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Yeah, but you did not see the initial arrest. I had heard a claim that he was resisting at first, that was not the case. If he got resistant, it was only after they drug him across the street for whatever reason. The police officers are going to have a hard time putting up the "he was resisting" defense with that video.
I don’t need to see the initial arrest. He was cuffed behind the back and on the ground on his stomach. It doesn’t matter if he was resisting at first. He was subdued.

Were they social distancing?
Well I spoke too soon. Now seeing images of large groups not social distancing and not wearing masks and wrecking shit. So first they are clearly MAGA supporters protesting wearing masks and second protesting dirty cops by way of looting. Busy political night.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Well I spoke too soon. Now seeing images of large groups not social distancing and not wearing masks and wrecking shit. So first they are clearly MAGA supporters protesting wearing masks and second protesting dirty cops by way of looting. Busy political night.
Antifa

So dumb. And incidents like this will never end. There are almost a million cops in the us. Tired. Under paid. Stressed. And now they have to deal with Covid. Some will wrongfully kill a black person. Some wrongfully kill white persons. Some are going to be racist. Some are going to be dirty. Based on the numbers alone it’s unavoidable. This cop based on what I’ve seen in the clips and read will be put away for life. That maneuver should be banned. A cop in prison for life - he’d be better off dead. He’ll get his. And that’s as close as we’re going to get to justice. Today there is nothing to riot or protest imo. If he’s wrongfully acquitted then protest.

You are letting your emotion get in the way of what I am actually saying.
Zero emotion on my end, and I’m crystal clear as to what you’re saying. You said the video gave “context” to the situation and I’m saying there is no context around using excessive force on a citizen who is clearly subdued on his stomach cuffed behind the the back. It doesn’t matter if he’s on drugs or punched the cop five minutes earlier, etc.

Again, plenty of posters in this thread are looking and hoping there is a way out for theses cops with context, nuance, and toxicology reports. They will be disappointed with the final outcome.

So dumb. And incidents like this will never end. There are almost a million cops in the us. Tired. Under paid. Stressed. And now they have to deal with Covid. Some will wrongfully kill a black person. Some wrongfully kill white persons. Some are going to be racist. Some are going to be dirty. Based on the numbers alone it’s unavoidable. This cop based on what I’ve seen in the clips and read will be put away for life. That maneuver should be banned. A cop in prison for life - he’d be better off dead. He’ll get his. And that’s as close as we’re going to get to justice. Today there is nothing to riot or protest imo. If he’s wrongfully acquitted then protest.

Thousands of police stops and arrests happen every day without incident. These include arrests by men, women, blacks, and whites of men, women, blacks, and whites. Now this. The cop’s actions seem inexplicable to me which itself is unusual. Often when a death or injury occurs in the course of an arrest, there is a readily apparent reason for the cop misconduct or excessive force.

All cops will be paying a price for this incident for a while. Policing will become more difficult. Fewer good people will want to be cops. Fewer minorities will be able to be cops for fear of selling out to the Man. Divisions between cops and the public will grow. That was bad for all of us.

Last edited:
Zero emotion on my end, and I’m crystal clear as to what you’re saying. You said the video gave “context” to the situation and I’m saying there is no context around using excessive force on a citizen who is clearly subdued on his stomach cuffed behind the the back. It doesn’t matter if he’s on drugs or punched the cop five minutes earlier, etc.

Again, plenty of posters in this thread are looking and hoping there is a way out for theses cops with context, nuance, and toxicology reports. They will be disappointed with the final outcome.

So you don’t think the cause of death is important. Got it.

Thousands of police stops and arrests happen every day without incident. These include arrests by men, women, blacks, and whites of men, women, blacks, and whites. Now this. The cop’s actions seem inexplicable to me which itself is unusual. Often when a death or injury occurs in the course of an arrest, there is a readily apparent reason for the cop misconduct or excessive force.

All cops will be paying a price for this incident for a while. Policing will become more difficult. Fewer good people will want to be cops. Fewer minorities will be able to be cops for fear of selling out to the Man. Divisions between cops and the public will grow. That was a bad for all of us.
You couldn’t pay me enough to be a cop. I handled a comp claim for this cop that rolled up on a call to find a guy with a hatchet stuck in his head. And he was alive. Blood was pouring down his face. He blew/spit like a bulldog and got blood all over her face. Her eyes. Nose. Mouth. Bc of hhippa etc we could never find out if he had anything. So she had to live in fear of hiv/hep etc for years. For $34k a year.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
So you think there is a debate as to the cause of death. Got it.

Maybe he took hydroxychloroquine or drank drano right?

I don’t see any innocent explanation for the officer’s conduct. But we still need to know the cause of death, that’s not the same thing as “debating” it.

You are the guy who claims to be not driven by emotion yet you post about drano and hydroxy in response to me? You are a moron.

I don’t see any innocent explanation for the officer’s conduct. But we still need to know the cause of death, that’s not the same thing as “debating” it.

You are the guy who claims to be not driven by emotion yet you post about drano and hydroxy in response to me? You are a moron.
I was just trolling on that part and you predictably took the bait so that makes you the moron you old grumpy MAGA turd.

Last edited:
I have not seen anyone say they were hoping for that. You are just projecting your caricature of what you think others arguments are on them.

I agree that the force appears excessive and that probably should be enough, BUT history tells us that all the other stuff you want to dismiss because "that should be enough" is often what ends up getting the officers off. So yeah, whether you like it or not, that actual context matters a ton. It removes one of the arguments that you tend to see in these situations: "We restrained him so long because when we let him up he was a threat."
There is no projecting; page one of this thread makes it crystal clear where Mayberry stands on this issue. Pulling out all the old classics like toxicology, nuance, context, character, etc.

Any human cuffed behind the back on his stomach is zero threat to four armed cops. So your “context” scenario does not matter in the slightest to anyone reasonable.

Sadly, I'm 100% sure you nailed this. Tomorrow, a big chunk of the posts on this forum about this event will fit this theme.

Wrong. All four cops need arrested and prosecuted. Doesn’t your crowd run the city and state? They should take care of this.

Reactions: Lucy01
That's because they killed a majority of the dissidents during the Cultural Revolution. Mao made Stalin and Hitler look like amateurs.

There's a difference between the two countries ethically and morally. I know you know that. Not the people, people are people everywhere but the CCP is an evil entity. Hard to say that with a corrupt imbecile in charge of the US but it stands. I doubt they are protecting anything other than their power and assets.

Fair points, but I'm talking about something else entirely. This is supposedly the greatest country on Earth, yet why is it that in East Asia I am able to walk around in nearly any city at any time of night with no risk to my personal safety, whereas in the so-called greatest "democracy" on Earth, one does not maintain that same level of safety? What kind of freedom is that? Where is the discussion of these underlying issues?

I’m sure the Uighurs would agree
We both know you wouldn't smell an uyghur if they shat on your forehead. And I mean that in jest.

You were apparently repeatedly dropped on your head as a child.

Oh, and **** China.

Were you this angry when Russia committed an act of war against the United States?
Check out who runs the city and state.
Why isn't the President taking action then? Send in the national guard. I fully support the use of force in the face of armed mobs.

Fair points, but I'm talking about something else entirely. This is supposedly the greatest country on Earth, yet why is it that in East Asia I am able to walk around in nearly any city at any time of night with no risk to my personal safety, whereas in the so-called greatest "democracy" on Earth, one does not maintain that same level of safety? What kind of freedom is that? Where is the discussion of these underlying issues?

We both know you wouldn't smell an uyghur if they shat on your forehead. And I mean that in jest.

Were you this angry when Russia committed an act of war against the United States?

Why isn't the President taking action then? Send in the national guard. I fully support the use of force in the face of armed mobs.
Last i checked the ten most dangerous cities in america were led by democrats.

Can’t the democratic governor send in the National Guard?

Check out who runs the city and state.

The mayor, governor, Lt. governor, and attorney general have all weighed in on proclaiming the cop guilty, or at least saying he needs to immediately be charged. That’s bad enough for tainting the jury pool. But there is more. How would you like to be a juror who wants to vote not guilty in the face knowing what will happen if the cop is acquitted? Or convicted of a lesser charge? If the juror’s identity is doxed, that person’s life will be upended forever.

Seems like a fair trial and an impartial jury is impossible.

because the people are scared shitless. If you commit a violent crime or a nonviolent one the consequences are far more severe than here. You support a party that wants far more leniency when it comes to capital punishment and sentencing, in general.

there is also a cultural difference missing from Asia that is persistent in the U.S.

because the people are scared shitless. If you commit a violent crime or a nonviolent one the consequences are far more severe than here. You support a party that wants far more leniency when it comes to capital punishment and sentencing, in general.

there is also a cultural difference missing from Asia that is persistent in the U.S.

The cultural/family pressure is pretty immense in Asia for people to conform to society and be successful. And people aren't walking around with guns either.

There's obviously still issues of race over there that minorities in those countries face.

You couldn’t pay me enough to be a cop. I handled a comp claim for this cop that rolled up on a call to find a guy with a hatchet stuck in his head. And he was alive. Blood was pouring down his face. He blew/spit like a bulldog and got blood all over her face. Her eyes. Nose. Mouth. Bc of hhippa etc we could never find out if he had anything. So she had to live in fear of hiv/hep etc for years. For $34k a year.
I know several current cops and retired cops both black and white, 100% of all the retired cops would tell you it was never worth it, aside from the ability to retire early and draw a pension. The one's I know usually retire after 20 years and can't wait to get out, the one's still working are miserable. My friend who is with Louisville PD, was discussing with me this weekend the prospect of my future son in law becoming an officer after he is done with his 4 years in the Marines. His exact words to me were tell him to find something else.

I know several current cops and retired cops both black and white, 100% of all the retired cops would tell you it was never worth it, aside from the ability to retire early and draw a pension. The one's I know usually retire after 20 years and can't wait to get out, the one's still working are miserable. My friend who is with Louisville PD, was discussing with me this weekend the prospect of my future son in law becoming an officer after he is done with his 4 years in the Marines. His exact words to me were tell him to find something else.
I’ve probably represented more than a hundred cops. All say exactly what you wrote.

I think a lot depends on the community where cops are cops. Much of the frustration I think comes from the politicians who throw cops under the bus instead of standing up to anti-cop political pressure.

Where I lived and practiced for years, the cops were mostly well liked. One of my favorite clients was a cop. The jury loved him. His case was the largest verdict I ever received. Maybe that's why I liked him. ;)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think a lot depends on the community where cops are cops. Much of the frustration I think comes from the politicians who throw cops under the bus instead of standing up to anti-cop political pressure.

Where I lived and practiced for years, the cops were mostly well liked. One of my favorite clients was a cop. The jury loved him. His case was the largest verdict I ever received. Maybe that's why I liked him. ;)

My cop friends always say "you hate us when it is you, but love us when it is happening to you". Such a love hate relationship with law enforcement and the public.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT