ADVERTISEMENT

If you want to give money, give money to Hoosiers for Good

Really? Smh
Really. How would you feel if your bosses went to Congress to try to get laws passed to place market constraints on how much money you could make, and in what ways you could make it?

If your name, image, and likeness were worth anything, would you sell it to the highest bidder, or just give it to IU for free?

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
Really. How would you feel if your bosses went to Congress to try to get laws passed to place market constraints on how much money you could make, and in what ways you could make it?

If your name, image, and likeness were worth anything, would you sell it to the highest bidder, or just give it to IU for free?
The athletes are employed by the schools?

Reactions: bsmitty08
Greenspan May have been the worst of all time. He brought one thing that stuck and that was finally changing our red gear to crimson. Much better color for clothes and unis.

Greenspan had some real successes with facilities - North Endzone addition and Cook Hall, and believe that the baseball/softball fields were designed/approved under his watch. Hired Terry Smith which made IU baseball relevant. Even with bad luck with Hep's health, Hep got people to truly care about IU football again.

Greenspan's biggest issue is that he didn't have the wherewithal to push back against the administration, which made him a terrible fit and created massive problems despite doing some very good things.

Well they are not your “boss”. They are your coach, also making money of your NIL is not happening. It’s a pay for play game. That is what the new lawsuit will be about. It will keep the Miami’s of the world offering $800k to transfer over. It will stop USC from calling the best returning WR in the country $3 mil. It will keep the Quinn ewers from not playing his senior year of high school because of a a 1 million NIL from OSU to come there. This happening because of no regulations or rules to this.

Greenspan had some real successes with facilities - North Endzone addition and Cook Hall, and believe that the baseball/softball fields were designed/approved under his watch. Hired Terry Smith which made IU baseball relevant. Even with bad luck with Hep's health, Hep got people to truly care about IU football again.

Greenspan's biggest issue is that he didn't have the wherewithal to push back against the administration, which made him a terrible fit and created massive problems despite doing some very good things.
The Sampson hire is what I was thinking of when I mentioned Greenspan.

I'd forgotten about the Smith hire and Cook Hall.

Well they are not your “boss”. They are your coach, also making money of your NIL is not happening. It’s a pay for play game. That is what the new lawsuit will be about. It will keep the Miami’s of the world offering $800k to transfer over. It will stop USC from calling the best returning WR in the country $3 mil. It will keep the Quinn ewers from not playing his senior year of high school because of a a 1 million NIL from OSU to come there. This happening because of no regulations or rules to this.

This is happening because the NCAA dragged its feet for so long and thought it would go away.

People have been making money off college kids for YEARS. Why do you think there hasn't been a college basketball or football video game out since like 2014? The Ed O'Bannon lawsuit. The NCAA didn't want the kids paid and now the courts have basically sided with the students.

As long as the students do something for the money, twitter posts promoting a business or autograph signings somewhere, this is all gonna be the future whether people like it or not.

The NCAA hasn't enforced any rules before with payments when they weren't allowed... they aren't going to start when they are now.

This is happening because the NCAA dragged its feet for so long and thought it would go away.

People have been making money off college kids for YEARS. Why do you think there hasn't been a college basketball or football video game out since like 2014? The Ed O'Bannon lawsuit. The NCAA didn't want the kids paid and now the courts have basically sided with the students.

As long as the students do something for the money, twitter posts promoting a business or autograph signings somewhere, this is all gonna be the future whether people like it or not.

The NCAA hasn't enforced any rules before with payments when they weren't allowed... they aren't going to start when they are now.
So because the NCAA has drug it’s feet means they are wrong in this? You don’t see any issue with all of the million $ deals for recruiting reasons? That is pay for play which was illegal

The Sampson hire is what I was thinking of when I mentioned Greenspan.

I'd forgotten about the Smith hire and Cook Hall.
Of course, not really defending Greenspan, the things I mentioned don't come anywhere close to make up for the downside, but that that's more an indication of how bad the Sampson hire was. And my point was that Greenspan didn't want to hire Sampson, but didn't have the fortitude to talk Herbert out of it.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Of course, not really defending Greenspan, the things I mentioned don't come anywhere close to make up for the downside, but that that's more an indication of how bad the Sampson hire was. And my point was that Greenspan didn't want to hire Sampson, but didn't have the fortitude to talk Herbert out of it.
Hiring Sampson wasn’t the problem. Firing him was.

Way worse. The level of apathy and mediocrity Glass instilled in IU athletics will be felt for decades. Possibly permanently.

Hiring Sampson wasn’t the problem. Firing him was.
Why do you care? Morgan Burke was your high point regarding athletic directors. You guys haven't put a new sheep barn since then.

Why do you care? Morgan Burke was your high point regarding athletic directors. You guys haven't put a new sheep barn since then.
No idea who that is but I suppose a former Purdue AD? I don’t even know who the current Purdue AD is.

I thought his ban was permanent last time I did it. fixed it.
If he's really the IU superfan he claims to be, I have a hard time believing that he didn't recognize the long time AD of our most hated rival. He doesn't know how to play the persona very well. Feepew3 is already loaded and ready to go.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Of course they are. The kids provide labor in the form of a popular entertainment product in return for room, board, and classes. If the kid doesn't practice or play, kid gets dismissed.

Stop dodging the question. What would you do if your NIL was worth something? Sell it, or give it to IU for free?

If Mark Cuban offered you 800k to put your face on a mayo jar, would you pass? Your hero DJT love to do NIL...thats why his name has been on everything from a college to porterhouses. Why is that okay for him but not Nijel Pack?

I got a text from a few people asking about if we should anticipate a player transferring because of the craze on peegs. I don't read that garbage, but got pulled in today. HOLY SHIT. I cannot believe how many stupid people. (actually never mind America never shocks me on its stupidity) are giving money to the clown hysterics. They are cryptic posting that it is possible that someone leaves. Could it be JG??? Could it be Tamar?? That Eric guy is a rich attention whore and I wish he would move to Japan. Way more money than the normal fan, yet he solicits the public to give to his fund, that has zero transparency. These guys are complete clowns.

You want to give money and have it go to a specific athlete? DM me. You want to give in general for the greater good? Give to Hoosiers for Good. Think about drinking bleach before empowering those clowns tho.
Ok. Fair enough for pointing out their downsides. Now, please go full circle and tell me the downsides of giving to you.

Of course they are. The kids provide labor in the form of a popular entertainment product in return for room, board, and classes. If the kid doesn't practice or play, kid gets dismissed.

Stop dodging the question. What would you do if your NIL was worth something? Sell it, or give it to IU for free?

If Mark Cuban offered you 800k to put your face on a mayo jar, would you pass? Your hero DJT love to do NIL...thats why his name has been on everything from a college to porterhouses. Why is that okay for him but not Nijel Pack?
I don’t view them as employees. I view them as student athletes. You go play a sport and return you get free tuition and room/board, access to training, free marketing of your ability, and add…nutritionist, clothing, tutors. Etc..
Also I’m not against them getting money for trueNIL deals. It’s now turned into free agency and buying kids.
also why is DJT my hero?

Ok. Fair enough for pointing out their downsides. Now, please go full circle and tell me the downsides of giving to you.
I don't want anyone giving to me. If you have a sizable amount you want to give to a player directly, I will put you in touch with them. If you want to do it through cavanagh's corner, you can do that. If you have a business, do it through yours. Just for the love of god don't give to them.

I don’t view them as employees. I view them as student athletes. You go play a sport and return you get free tuition and room/board, access to training, free marketing of your ability, and add…nutritionist, clothing, tutors. Etc..
Also I’m not against them getting money for trueNIL deals. It’s now turned into free agency and buying kids.
also why is DJT my hero?
Ah, these deals are fine then, as long as they pass the "true NIL" test that you never mentioned before and didn't exist until you got backed into the rhetorical corner. Tell us about your true NIL test, and then tell us why Nijel Pack's deal doesn't pass the test.

Also, no one cares how you view it. Playing college sports on scholarship meets every reasonable definition of employment. They provide labor, and receive valuable consideration in return.

Ah, these deals are fine then, as long as they pass the "true NIL" test that you never mentioned before and didn't exist until you got backed into the rhetorical corner. Tell us about your true NIL test, and then tell us why Nijel Pack's deal doesn't pass the test.

Also, no one cares how you view it. Playing college sports on scholarship meets every reasonable definition of employment. They provide labor, and receive valuable consideration in return.
Ok you are end all be all on opinions. Nobody gives to shits on your opinions either. Jesus you are an ass.

Not to make it political but my money goes in my gas tank and to food. I am not giving some college kid free money with this inflation.
I totally agree and I'm probably completely 180 from your politics, but when you see kids getting free education, room and board, and more money than professional staff and assistant coaches, driving nicer cars, needs to be reigned in

He "yes sir'd" the hiring of Sampson and then did nothing to insist on academic discipline. Cook Hall was coming anyway. He shit the bed at Rice as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT