ADVERTISEMENT

I fear that Cignetti…

I have to respectfully disagree.

Any other Middle Linebacker, on any other team in the country, would never get off the bench on game day if they consistently allowed the other teams RB's to average 6+ yards per carry on the ground when they're out on the field...

What I saw in the Spring Game was our LB's looking above average in pass coverage and consistently poor against the run and our penciled in starter at MLB looking pathetic...(against the run).

If we don't find someone who can consistently hit guys in, or at least near, the hole and stop the RB's for a 2+ yards per carry average, or less, versus 6+ then, in my opinion, we're in for a really long season against the Big Ten portion of the schedule...
Here is a link to only the highlights of the game. I challenge anyone to point out any play, via a time stamp, where he looked good outside of being halfway close to a receiver in coverage.

Check out this play. Just lost in the play

Cig said don't read too much into a glorified scrimmage.

I hope many are wrong. I also feel running around and reasonable capably getting to the plays in a 'bend don't break' type of fashion, isn't going to work in the B1G, and isn't really 'leading the defense'.

Hope I'm wrong and the coaches are way right. He's our guy, want him to kick ass. He made a lot of tackles on a defense that was pretty good, and the coaches like him. So I expect I'm way wrong.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT