ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden charged.

No way the they’re lying about their existence. Content is very simple, the amount.
Sounds like you don't have the documents and have never read them and are relying on someone else's description of their content.

Conservatives on this board also use the tactic of (1) making an unproven assertion about something for which they lack both firsthand knowledge and proof, then (2) challenging their opponents to disprove their unproven assertion, and then (3) falsely claiming their opponents' inability to respond confirms their original unproven assertion.

Here's an example from Stoll's post No. 263 that you were responding to:

"Question, do you believe millions wired into Hunter accounts are a lie? If not, what do you think the purpose of the money was?"

See how Stoll's tactic works? He asked you to confirm his unproven assertion that there were "millions wired into Hunter accounts" and if you denied that, then he demanded that you explain what "the purpose of the money was" (even though his post assumed you had already denied that millions were wired in the first place).

Stoll thinks he wins no matter what you say. Weak.
Dumbest post I've read in a while.

No way the they’re lying about their existence. Content is very simple, the amount.
So, sounds like you're saying the records you refer to don't disclose the source of funds or country of origin, but just the amount.

So, sounds like you're saying the records you refer to don't disclose the source of funds or country of origin, but just the amount.
There’s enough information for authorities to determine those items.

The senators and congressmen aren’t guessing when they’re telling us the details they’ve been siting.

The senators and congressmen aren’t guessing when they’re telling us the details they’ve been siting.
But you don't know the details, and still you 100% accept hearsay descriptions from politically motivated speakers.

You asked if I doubted the stories about millions of dollars going into bank accounts. I doubt hearsay.

• Haha
Reactions: T.M.P. and DANC
No. You're dead wrong. An impediment to salvation for the rich is, in fact, selfishly hoarding wealth. Here's the entire passage which provides context for the camel/needle reference:

"A certain ruler asked: 'Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said . . . 'You know the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.' The man replied, 'I have kept all these since my youth.' When Jesus heard this He said to him, 'There is still one thing lacking. Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come follow Me.' But when he heard this he became very sad for he was very rich. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God. Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.'" Luke 18, 18-25.

"From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required." Luke 13, 48.

You need to bone up on your New Testament.
The man rejected Christ because he loved his riches more than Christ. It was the one thing he lacked. God is not against the rich. Abraham was rich for instance and he was called a friend of God. Isaiah 41:8But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend,

Because republicans said "scouts honor" when they said it...obviously couldn't lie

Sounds like you don't have the documents and have never read them and are relying on someone else's description of their content.
Weak. Show me the documents Trump had at Mar-a-Lago, not just pictures of classified folders, the actual documents, or else you are relying on someone's description of them. You have the bar set at a level that will never be cleared because the type of stuff you are asking for doesn't usually get released. And when things like emails get released you claim they are fake.

Question, what income do you think Hunter failed to pay taxes on? We know he "worked" with Burisma and we know he "worked" with CEFC. Those things are not in question. We have emails pulled from his personal computer and from the cloud (according to IRS whistleblowers) that indicate dear old Dad was part of these deals. We have evidence of LLCs set up to filter money to a bunch of the Biden family. The only thing we don't have right now is a DOJ that is having their feet held to the fire to actually look into these things.

You guys are the opposite side of the Trump supporters. You are in so deep and are so connected to your last vote you are finding it impossible to admit that you too voted for a dog shit candidate because any movement off of that position is an admission that maybe, just maybe, when faced with two poor choices your opponent thought they made a better choice. Thing is, in the last election there is plenty of evidence to suggest that unless you voted third party you voted for a corrupt, authoritarian leaning, asshole.

Weak. Show me the documents Trump had at Mar-a-Lago, not just pictures of classified folders, the actual documents, or else you are relying on someone's description of them. You have the bar set at a level that will never be cleared because the type of stuff you are asking for doesn't usually get released. And when things like emails get released you claim they are fake.

Question, what income do you think Hunter failed to pay taxes on? We know he "worked" with Burisma and we know he "worked" with CEFC. Those things are not in question. We have emails pulled from his personal computer and from the cloud (according to IRS whistleblowers) that indicate dear old Dad was part of these deals. We have evidence of LLCs set up to filter money to a bunch of the Biden family. The only thing we don't have right now is a DOJ that is having their feet held to the fire to actually look into these things.

You guys are the opposite side of the Trump supporters. You are in so deep and are so connected to your last vote you are finding it impossible to admit that you too voted for a dog shit candidate because any movement off of that position is an admission that maybe, just maybe, when faced with two poor choices your opponent thought they made a better choice. Thing is, in the last election there is plenty of evidence to suggest that unless you voted third party you voted for a corrupt, authoritarian leaning, asshole.
IUC, if you would just aim this post (and by that, I mean directly respond to) at the DANC's, stoll's, and dbm's, etc.. of this board, you would move into my realm of serious posters.
I mean, what higher honor could there be around here? :cool:

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01
IUC, if you would just aim this post (and by that, I mean directly respond to) at the DANC's, stoll's, and dbm's, etc.. of this board, you would move into my realm of serious posters.
Wait, I'm not serious?

(This got long, so tl/dr I see the point that the Aloha and Dan camps are both trying to make and attacking either of them makes me someone they would stop listening to. If I have a strong disagreement, I usually don't respond to any of them but it is clear I am in that convo.)

I find myself occupying a middle ground between (for example) Aloha and Dan. I think that the things Aloha says about Trump's character and what he did with the documents he had is mostly true (where I differ with Aloha is in ranking severity). Conversely, I also think Dan is correct in indicating that Trump is getting railroaded because there are numerous examples of other politicians having done this in the past and a few of them trying to obfuscate and lie about what they had....but I don't want to get into that too much.

You don't find me attacking Aloha or Dan or DBM or Twenty02 or Dan or Stoll or CoH or cray because I still think we are mostly on the same "team". We have things here and there that we don't agree on but I think that group of people would have an easier time landing on an agreed framework to run the country than we would with someone like IUHickory or butheremails. The group I mentioned above and sometimes you and Brad Stevens and Marvin (less often, but sometimes for you all) are more my audience because maybe some of the stupid stuff I write here causes that group to maybe think of things different. Politically I am too far from someone like Hickory for my opinion to matter to him or his to me the vast majority of the time.

I think Trump needs to go but I understand some of the interest in him. To the Trump supporters, saying you want another "run of the mill" Republican sounds like a bad deal. I kind of agree with that. We don't need someone that talks a big game but doesn't accomplish what we would like to see done. I think that criticism is exactly why Trump isn't a good pick either. Politics is about advancing a position. Winsome Sears mentioned that, voters shouldn't be loyal to people in politics. We should be loyal to advancing a position. Trump wasn't able to navigate the government the first time around and if he got a second chance it would be that much worse. I also think Trump would spend his time settling scores for Trump instead of doing what I would like to see done to improve things.

Wait, I'm not serious?

(This got long, so tl/dr I see the point that the Aloha and Dan camps are both trying to make and attacking either of them makes me someone they would stop listening to. If I have a strong disagreement, I usually don't respond to any of them but it is clear I am in that convo.)

I find myself occupying a middle ground between (for example) Aloha and Dan. I think that the things Aloha says about Trump's character and what he did with the documents he had is mostly true (where I differ with Aloha is in ranking severity). Conversely, I also think Dan is correct in indicating that Trump is getting railroaded because there are numerous examples of other politicians having done this in the past and a few of them trying to obfuscate and lie about what they had....but I don't want to get into that too much.

You don't find me attacking Aloha or Dan or DBM or Twenty02 or Dan or Stoll or CoH or cray because I still think we are mostly on the same "team". We have things here and there that we don't agree on but I think that group of people would have an easier time landing on an agreed framework to run the country than we would with someone like IUHickory or butheremails. The group I mentioned above and sometimes you and Brad Stevens and Marvin (less often, but sometimes for you all) are more my audience because maybe some of the stupid stuff I write here causes that group to maybe think of things different. Politically I am too far from someone like Hickory for my opinion to matter to him or his to me the vast majority of the time.

I think Trump needs to go but I understand some of the interest in him. To the Trump supporters, saying you want another "run of the mill" Republican sounds like a bad deal. I kind of agree with that. We don't need someone that talks a big game but doesn't accomplish what we would like to see done. I think that criticism is exactly why Trump isn't a good pick either. Politics is about advancing a position. Winsome Sears mentioned that, voters shouldn't be loyal to people in politics. We should be loyal to advancing a position. Trump wasn't able to navigate the government the first time around and if he got a second chance it would be that much worse. I also think Trump would spend his time settling scores for Trump instead of doing what I would like to see done to improve things.
Thank you for the thorough, well-thought out response. It's another example of why I read your posts for the content, and not just entertainment (not that you aren't entertaining). While I may not agree with many of your stances, your posts often make me stop and "listen". You post in good faith, which is a rare commodity around here. Keep up the good work.
(Just to head off the responses from the peanut gallery, don't worry...I don't consider my own posts to be worthwhile to anyone but me. I mainly just like to tweak noses, and act as a counterbalance to the DANCs, dbms, crays and Joes who post 100% B.S. I realize that sometimes I may be so obnoxious that @Marvin the Martian ignores even my rare good posts. Hell, he may even have me on ignore, and I would not blame him one bit. I do try to bring some levity to the board, and I do like posting in the "Only good stuff" thread, and riffing with @mcmurtry66 , @UncleMark, @larsIU, and, on occasion, @stollcpa, too.
And don't tell @CO. Hoosier, but I really know I have succeeded when he gives me a rare, sincere laughing emoji. I'm still working on @MyTeamIsOnTheFloor, but he is a tough nut to crack.)

Thank you for the thorough, well-thought out response. It's another example of why I read your posts for the content, and not just entertainment (not that you aren't entertaining). While I may not agree with many of your stances, your posts often make me stop and "listen". You post in good faith, which is a rare commodity around here. Keep up the good work.
(Just to head off the responses from the peanut gallery, don't worry...I don't consider my own posts to be worthwhile to anyone but me. I mainly just like to tweak noses, and act as a counterbalance to the DANCs, dbms, crays and Joes who post 100% B.S. I realize that sometimes I may be so obnoxious that @Marvin the Martian ignores even my rare good posts. Hell, he may even have me on ignore, and I would not blame him one bit. I do try to bring some levity to the board, and I do like posting in the "Only good stuff" thread, and riffing with @mcmurtry66 , @UncleMark, @larsIU, and, on occasion, @stollcpa, too.
And don't tell @CO. Hoosier, but I really know I have succeeded when he gives me a rare, sincere laughing emoji. I'm still working on @MyTeamIsOnTheFloor, but he is a tough nut to crack.)
Reorganizing the board would help if relegation isn’t an option. Pinned should be the good stuff music and tv. Then there should be 3 ongoing threads where posts are restricted to those threads. So the board would literally just have three threads labeled as follows:
SOCCER
POLITICS/WAR
RELATIONSHIPS

Nope, you aren't on ignore.

• Love
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Reorganizing the board would help if relegation isn’t an option. Pinned should be the good stuff music and tv. Then there should be 3 ongoing threads where posts are restricted to those threads. So the board would literally just have three threads labeled as follows:
SOCCER
POLITICS/WAR
RELATIONSHIPS
Uh, no.

GOOD STUFF
PICKLEBALL
POLITICS (LOCAL, STATE, FED, WORLD sub threads)
MOVIES/TV/BOOKS
HISTORY
DAY IN THE LIFE (no relationships)
COOKING/GRILLING/DRINKING
THE COURTROOM (for lawyers only)

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Wait, I'm not serious?

So I never made the team, that hurts 😢

Wth you include me in your finger pointing? Just when i thought we could get along. The “stuff” with Bidens is serious. The BSA reports aren’t made up. Hunter didn’t do this shit without papa Joe knowing.

The reason i am incensed is because Bidens are being protected while Trump gets hammered every time he turns around.

Just treat them both the same. If you’re serious about fair play just admit it’s not been equal justice.

Edit: I am extreme at times only because i get tired of the extremes on the other side. I’ve tried to get along the last few months but its nearly impossible when the other side ignores the Biden crimes.

Last edited:
Wth you include me in your finger pointing? Just when i thought we could get along. The “stuff” with Biden’s is serious. The BSA reports aren’t made up. Hunter didn’t do this shit without papa Joe knowing.

The reason i am incensed is because Bidens are being protected while Trump gets hammered every time he turns around.

Just treat them both the same. If you’re serious about fair play just admit it’s not been equal justice.

Edit: I am extreme at times only because i get tired of the extremes on the other side. I’ve tried to get along the last few months but its nearly impossible when the other side ignores the Biden crimes.
Did not mean to include you with the idiots. I apologize.

The contributions here fall into roughly three categories: serious, good faith content, good natured banter/snark/smack, and shitposting. We all contribute to each category to a greater or lesser extent. The challenge comes when the shitposting overwhelms everything else.

The contributions here fall into roughly three categories: serious, good faith content, good natured banter/snark/smack, and shitposting. We all contribute to each category to a greater or lesser extent. The challenge comes when the shitposting overwhelms everything else.
As Lucy would say, TSESAD. 😀

Wth you include me in your finger pointing? Just when i thought we could get along. The “stuff” with Bidens is serious. The BSA reports aren’t made up. Hunter didn’t do this shit without papa Joe knowing.

Ignore the Biden crimes or the Biden made up bull crap?

If the former then we will see him in court. But you have nothing in the way of evidence other than the word of your biased politicians who have proven time and again to be loose with facts.

Ignore the Biden crimes or the Biden made up bull crap?

If the former then we will see him in court. But you have nothing in the way of evidence other than the word of your biased politicians who have proven time and again to be loose with facts.
The IRS whistleblower is naming names as witnesses to the Delaware DA explaining that he was being restricted. All we have to do is put the named under questioning with perjury charges having over them and we can start to clear up all your "questions".

The IRS whistleblower is naming names as witnesses to the Delaware DA explaining that he was being restricted. All we have to do is put the named under questioning with perjury charges having over them and we can start to clear up all your "questions".

Why don't they just put Weiss himself under oath and cut out all the he said/she said bullshit?

Also, according to republicans, sitting presidents can't be indicted. So how about waiting til Biden is out of office before crying about a double standard.

But trying to come up with a look over there doesn't make Trump innocent.

If you ever find evidence against Biden, then he will get his day in court just like trump

But the more you defend Trump and act like he is above the law, the more precedent you set for future presidents to get away with breaking the law

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bill4411
George HW Bush and GWB were good people. As far as I know Obama was a pretty good person outside of politics. Of course, Carter was a really straight arrow as was Ford. There is nothing Christian-like in Trump's personal life, is there?
The Bush's were terrible people. Senior had more dirt than Hillary it was just well hidden and thats as far as I'll go. Obama sold us down the river are you that naive? What he did to Trump should have you furious, but you're too deluded with hate to know better.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT