ADVERTISEMENT

How bout that stock market?

Never thought I’d see over 41,000! Guess Biden didn’t tank it. Just another wrong Trump prediction. Thanks, Brandon! PS: 61% of the population own stock, so don’t tell me it just helps the very rich.

I'd just like to point out that the markets have been hot garbage since you started this thread. The Dow is off 1000 points and the S&P is down like 3%. All since you posted this.

You're some kind of bad luck. Repent.

Your problem is being white. If you were black you’d have gotten off Scott free…
You don’t understand Jet. I hopped a fence at a bar and attempted to enter through the back door.

I am an advocate for prosecuting lower level crime as I think it leads to more violent crime. I should’ve gotten at least 3 years by my standards.

I am a hypocrite. As we all are.

I wish we had a system. Going to Indy would be so much better to hop a train and read, watch a video on my phone, nap. For some reason people driving past me on the interstate get angered at me doing those things.
Your EV isn't self-driving?

I agree with that. My 401k has been booming for almost 4 years. But, I don't think Joe Biden (or any president), has a significant long term impact on the stock market It is an indicator of something (could be bad or good), but long term, I don't think a president, good or bad, impacts the market. Yes, you have blips one way or the next, but it was stupid for trump to say the market would crash when Biden took over and it is stupid for Biden to take credit for a higher dow jones.

What is very much disturbing is the longish term disappearing middle class. Feels like the haves and the have nots, with a ton of asshole billionaires like Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg, etc all getting fat
You must have really not liked Paul Krugman, who forecast a stock market collapse and worldwide Depression if Trump was elected in 2016

He's a Nobel Prize winner and he thinks Presidents have a to do with the stock market.

Drive through any suburb of any US city and see the nice neighborhoods and houses. Those are middle class.

What's increased are the lower economic classes, but that's because of government programs that supposedly fight poverty and drugs.

There's no doubt that the distance between classes has increased, but the middle class hasn't gone away.

we spent two summers in Sweden with my kids playing soccer. We were in Gothenberg as our base of operations. The tram system is incredible and easy to navigate. Sometimes our games were 60 miles away--no problem there because their train system is fast, on time and clean. Absolutely loved that way to get around. For @larsIU --you would be impressed by the amount of meat smoking going in Sweden. :cool:
They are also heavily subsidized, as are most mass transit systems in Europe.

If the government is going to spend money, that's not a bad way to do it, imo. Love the Euroepean (and Scandinavian) train/streetcar system.

You don’t understand Jet. I hopped a fence at a bar and attempted to enter through the back door.

I am an advocate for prosecuting lower level crime as I think it leads to more violent crime. I should’ve gotten at least 3 years by my standards.

I am a hypocrite. As we all are.
Shoulda got life

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
we spent two summers in Sweden with my kids playing soccer. We were in Gothenberg as our base of operations. The tram system is incredible and easy to navigate. Sometimes our games were 60 miles away--no problem there because their train system is fast, on time and clean. Absolutely loved that way to get around. For @larsIU --you would be impressed by the amount of meat smoking going in Sweden. :cool:
How many blondes, per Capita, were on those trains?

There is not only the fee cost of the ETF... There is the cost of the leverage. Those funds usually obtain their leverage via swap agreements with prime brokers and banks. Typically cost of leverage in those swap agreements is tied to LIBOR rate.

Prior to 2022 rates were basically zero so you could pretty which ignore the carry rate. Now your carry rate is in excess of 5%, most likely.
Can you two just text me what to buy and when? And when to sell?

Thanks.

Tommy Cracker, where you been? Miss your posts.

Can you two just text me what to buy and when? And when to sell?

Thanks.

Tommy Cracker, where you been? Miss your posts.

Appreciate the love my brother. I just got used to not posting as much as I used to probably because I got tired, worn out of the political argument. My complaint for this board is we don't really have legit political discussions searching for consensus between friends or listening to legit reasons for an impression or response to the discussion topic and for me, understanding why someone feels the way they do is much interesting to me especially if I can better understand and it helps my personal relationships (example my GF's dad is a hell of a social person but is a hard core Maga Soldier so, this board helps me prepare for when we're hanging out with Pops and his buddies. It's tiring though and taking a break from political fighting was a nice break, which is why I haven't participated like I used to. I've been more about preparing vs participating with the cooler).

As far as what stocks to buy, I've had the best success with buying via whatever the specific month prices as a percent of the portfolio and then giving each entry a predetermined stop loss calculated off the specific monthly price.

For me that's a 45% loss rate which is probably too extreme for a lot but that is close to being a 20% NASDAQ loss which is fairly rare but it's more rare when you use multiple entry events.

So an example of how it works is Jan 2020 I'm 100% in the market (with TQQQ) with a calculated max loss off of the price from Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April, May and June....all the start of the month (so the open of the first day, whatever that price is calculated the stop loss).

2020 was the COVID entry and the market severely crashed in Feb and March. It hit my stop losses for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and March. However, the market rebounded starting in April as the reliance on tech juiced the market, and that saved my April, May, June, Sept and October entries, which let me have a profitable year. I ended up buying again but waited until the month to get back in. The example meaning by March 2021, I was 100% back in and 2021 was a great year.

Unfortunately 2022 sucked ass and unlike 20, every stop loss was hit. But I started accumulating in Sept 22 so by June 2023 I was 100% back in.

It crushed in 23 and had a hellacious run in 24. I'm currently still 100% in but holy balls the past two weeks have been hot garbage.

Today Tesla had terrible earnings and Google had disappointing earnings which was the big driver of today's shit sandwich, but because of the entry prices my stop losses start at $32 for TQQQ (which is my primary ETF).

Today it ended at 65 so, I'm not close to being exited. I have lost an insane amount of money the past two to three weeks but that's the game and having strict rules and exit strategies allows me to not get too depressed when the market turns into hot garbage. Actually I'm hoping TQQQ stays above 32 because I don't want to have to pay my long term capital gain on my 2025 taxes because it's been a really nice couple of years but inevitably there will be another garbage year in the future.

Thanks Biden

Thanks Elon. Tesla shit the bed with their earnings release. Google also had a poor performance which crushed tech today.

We're in a bit of a downturn this earnings season. Hopefully it's short term but after hitting it's all time high it's definitely relapsed the past few weeks.

Buying opp?

I personally don't like accumulating in late Summer, only because good years tend to mean you're at a peak those months and shitty years typically mean there's more pain.

It's probably dumb logic but back testing July and August have historically been the toughest months as far as profit. The conventional wisdom has always been don't buy Aug, Sept or October because historically the majority of our worst crashes have happened in the fall (think 1929, 1987, 9/11, August 2008, Katrina). Anyway, since 2000 Sept and October entries have been okay and much better than July and August. What's funny to me is that April has been one the the strongest entries, overtaking Jan (Jan is the second best which to me makes sense because Jan is the official measurement for the year but thanks to the COVID year, April has historically been more profitable than every other month post 2000 from my simple back testing. November is pretty good also but April and Jan are dominant. Jan got f#$ked in the COVID year while also struggling in 2011, 2018 and 2022. I think April didn't stop out in 2011 and 2020). Just know, there is no specific sure thing logic that I'm aware of. This is just performance rates per month post 2000.

Rough day for TQQQ.

We're now below or around June's open.

It sucks ass losing around two months of gains. What sucks about TQQQ is you get times like lately where you used to feel that we were so far from a point that we're probably not at risk of it being challenged after having steady growth for around a month and a half....but here we are.

Hot garbage, but my stop out starts around $32, which means a loss on the year so, hopefully it calms the f down and there isn't any drama filled news coming up.

Seems like today was driven by Tesla and Google posting disappointing earnings. My guess is Tesla's decline is due to Elon trying his best to become a right wing populous influencer. So pissing off woke libs is likely the largest potential Tesla buyers and not replaced by his ambition to be an influencer since EV passion is not associated with that base.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCCHoosier

It sucks ass losing around two months of gains. What sucks about TQQQ is you get times like lately where you used to feel that we were so far from a point that we're probably not at risk of it being challenged after having steady growth for around a month and a half....but here we are.

Hot garbage, but my stop out starts around $32, which means a loss on the year so, hopefully it calms the f down and there isn't any drama filled news coming up.

Seems like today was driven by Tesla and Google posting disappointing earnings. My guess is Tesla's decline is due to Elon trying his best to become a right wing populous influencer. So pissing off woke libs is likely the largest potential Tesla buyers and not replaced by his ambition to be an influencer since EV passion is not associated with that base.
The whole EV industry is in a slump. Has been for a couple months. I doubt it has anything to do with his politics.

I think the Fed has waited too long to lower rates.

Thanks Elon. Tesla shit the bed with their earnings release. Google also had a poor performance which crushed tech today.

We're in a bit of a downturn this earnings season. Hopefully it's short term but after hitting it's all time high it's definitely relapsed the past few weeks.

lucille-bluth.gif

I know Elon has F You money and probably doesn't care, but Tesla employees have to be frustrated by his strong political stance. Pissing off the very base that are most likely to buy an EV is a odd way to run a business.

I know some say it doesn't matter, but based on anecdotal evidence I see, it is having an impact.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I know Elon has F You money and probably doesn't care, but Tesla employees have to be frustrated by his strong political stance. Pissing off the very base that are most likely to buy an EV is a odd way to run a business.

I know some say it doesn't matter, but based on anecdotal evidence I see, it is having an impact.
Hilarious, the guy was a total Dem. He's not stupid and sees through the BS and has made that VERY clear. Hopefully people snap out of whatever spell they have you under. The guy single handedly rescued Free Speech on social media. Otherwise you would have watered down, government influenced, apps. Is that what you want? I don't understand what you dems don't understand about that. Elon, Matt Taibbi, all dems and all attacked by our own government have turned PUB because they see what's happening. When is the light bulb gonna turn on for some of you?

And not picking on you BCC but here's another example. This is tiring man!

In 2019, GovTrack, a non-partisan platform, ranked Kamala Harris as the most liberal senator. Recently, this ranking page was removed from the site, sparking discussions and claims of a cover-up or censorship. Some users and political groups suggest that this action is part of a broader effort to control media narratives and protect the Democratic Party. The incident has raised concerns about transparency and the manipulation of digital records.
This story is a summary of posts on X and may evolve over time. Grok can make mistakes, verify its outputs.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC

The Mag 7 have been priced for perfection and any hiccup is going to send them lower in the short term. I've been accumulating small caps (SP600) last few months.

From what I’ve read it has nothing to with musk’s politics. People don’t want EV’s. There was a core group horny who got them that’s effectively the EV base that is tapped. So they’re running out of customers. If the other ev companies were going gangbusters I’d say it’s a Musk issue. But they’re not. Some are going under

I love Musk. I’d support Tesla. But I have zero interest in an EV

From what I’ve read it has nothing to with musk’s politics. People don’t want EV’s. There was a core group horny who got them that’s effectively the EV base that is tapped. So they’re running out of customers. If the other ev companies were going gangbusters I’d say it’s a Musk issue. But they’re not. Some are going under

I love Musk. I’d support Tesla. But I have zero interest in an EV
EV sales in general are slowing vs expectations. Ford and GM have both scaled back plans for EV production. I believe both announced that this week or late last week.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT