ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

WE had one of the most morally reprehensible coaches? You do realize one of the banners hanging in Rupp was courtesy of a coach who later brought down your in-state rival with recruiting trip hookers and personally banging cocktail waitresses after hours? Not to mention some other former coaches were some of the most racist sumbitches around. RMK was a bipolar ogre at times but he's never been called a racist (except by Ted Valentine), never caught tapping hired help behind his wife's back, never had to vacate a title....should I continue? Dude, stones inside glass houses. It would figure 'not breaing any rules' won't earn much points in the collective hive down in Lexington, where rules are merely obstacles that can be side swiped courtesy of World Wide Wes.

Don't care what Pitino did at UL Irrelevant.

1. "If rape is inevitable, enjoy it".
2. Neil Reed
3. Knight is charged and later tried and convicted in absentia for hitting a policeman before practice at the Pan American Games in Puerto Rico
4. Knight gets involved during Final Four in a shoving match with an LSU fan who said Knight stuffed him in a garbage can at a hotel.
5. Refuses to let his team finish an exhibition game against the Soviet Union after he was ejected for arguing with a referee and is later reprimanded by the university.
6. Called a "classic bully" by Lou Henson
7. 1993, Knight screams at his player son, Pat, and kicks at him. When fans behind the Indiana bench boo, Knight turns and responds with an obscenity
8. Investigated for possible battery after allegedly choking a man at a restaurant. The man reportedly confronted Knight as he was leaving, contending he heard Knight make a racist remark
9.Reports surface of confrontations. In one, Knight throws a vase at a university secretary. In another, Knight's son Tim suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken nose during a scuffle with his father during a hunting trip. In another, Knight attacked and knocked out an Indiana sports information director in the '70s.

Don't care what Pitino did at UL Irrelevant.

1. "If rape is inevitable, enjoy it".
2. Neil Reed
3. Knight is charged and later tried and convicted in absentia for hitting a policeman before practice at the Pan American Games in Puerto Rico
4. Knight gets involved during Final Four in a shoving match with an LSU fan who said Knight stuffed him in a garbage can at a hotel.
5. Refuses to let his team finish an exhibition game against the Soviet Union after he was ejected for arguing with a referee and is later reprimanded by the university.
6. Called a "classic bully" by Lou Henson
7. 1993, Knight screams at his player son, Pat, and kicks at him. When fans behind the Indiana bench boo, Knight turns and responds with an obscenity
8. Investigated for possible battery after allegedly choking a man at a restaurant. The man reportedly confronted Knight as he was leaving, contending he heard Knight make a racist remark
9.Reports surface of confrontations. In one, Knight throws a vase at a university secretary. In another, Knight's son Tim suffered a dislocated shoulder and a broken nose during a scuffle with his father during a hunting trip. In another, Knight attacked and knocked out an Indiana sports information director in the '70s.
wow for a diehard UK fan you sure do spend a lot of time following IU. Maybe that's why you had nothing to say about all the times UK has been put on probation. You're more 'woke' about IU basketball than your own program. That's ok, it's still cute.

I think I'm on record saying RMK was a bipolar orge. But more curious why you have nothing to say about the pay-to-play that has been consistantly going on in Lexington back to the 1950s. And now your program is run by a coach who has left a constant trail of vacated wreckage at each program he's left. You do know all these facts point towards the inevitable? Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
As I said previously, I was there and there was some very unsavory behavior including racial slurs. I see, though, that you would rather stick to the more convenient "company line" than take a rational account from another. I do realize that it doesn't fit the story that you are trying to tell, but ignoring plain facts is delusion.

BS

You and others are here touting the "Cal Apologist" company line. Move along Ace, go back to the KY forum where they buy this crap.
How did your self-esteem get this torn up anyway?

wow for a diehard UK fan you sure do spend a lot of time following IU. Maybe that's why you had nothing to say about all the times UK has been put on probation. You're more 'woke' about IU basketball than your own program. That's ok, it's still cute.

I think I'm on record saying RMK was a bipolar orge. But more curious why you have nothing to say about the pay-to-play that has been consistantly going on in Lexington back to the 1950s. And now your program is run by a coach who has left a constant trail of vacated wreckage at each program he's left. You do know all these facts point towards the inevitable? Just a matter of time.

I don't "follow", though I do find their fans amusing. Those instances came from a simple Google search, and believe me, that's not half of them.

"Pay to play?" "Consistently since the 50's?" If you've got info on anything since 88-89 by all means share it with the world.

As far as Cal, has the NCAA found Cal personally responsible for anything at UMass or Memphis? I'll wait.... Also, he's been at UK for 10 years, and not so much as a sniff of an allegation. I guess we will keep waiting.

Meanwhile, you keep equating recruiting violations with being a despicable person. About par for the course I reckon. Bob Knight will have to hire pall bearers when he dies.

Funny how you constantly call Cal a cheater, But desperately want to play Arizona. But I'm guessing you don't actually need any evidence to convict Cal while turning a blind eye to Archie's brother.
no evidence of Cal being a cheater? Maybe focus less on IU's past and more on your own head coach's....as well as your own program.

meanwhile I'll dig through this website and see where we "desperately want to play Arizona". And Archie's brother has nothing to do with the IU program, so me thinks you are really reaching on that one (while struggling to accept Calipari for what he has been proven to be, time and time again).

BS

You and others are here touting the "Cal Apologist" company line. Move along Ace, go back to the KY forum where they buy this crap.
How did your self-esteem get this torn up anyway?
You may want to look back at my post as I never mentioned or defended Cal. I'm not sure where I touted the Cal Apologist company line. I gave a recollection of a personal experience. Also, I'm not sure where my self-esteem plays into this. My self-image is in no way tied to the aggressive ramblings of a rival fan (or sports at all for that matter.) I will leave you guys be as it is obvious that objective conversation is not in the cards. Good luck with your season. God bless.

Fountain of information here. You should call Pat Forde or Pete Thamel with your knowledge of transgressions; or better yet, call Mark Emmert.
They already know. If the NCAA isn't going to go after Kansas after the FBI got involved, UK is safe.

I'm still waiting for an IU fan to provide the actual facts of what happened at UMass and Memphis, as well as any actual allegations of Cal while in Lex. Do any of you actually have an answer for any of that, or is it just easier to say Cal cheats and you sleep with your sister?

I reckon you're going to continue to wait.
You see, we aren't obsessed with UK the way you are with IU.
This is evidenced by the fact that you are here and we are not there.
But tell yourself what you need hear.

They already know. If the NCAA isn't going to go after Kansas after the FBI got involved, UK is safe.
I think we can all agree that the NCAA is a sham that cherry picks what they want to enforce and who they will and won't go after. The NCAA is a joke with zero credibility. And people with the loudest voices like Vitale and Bilas should assume some of the blame for not speaking up about it.

And UK is safe because there was never even an hint of violations. And as I've said before, Cal was probably the heaviest investigated coach throughout this entire scandal. But not even a whisper of a hint of a rumor.

Last edited:
I don't "follow", though I do find their fans amusing. Those instances came from a simple Google search, and believe me, that's not half of them.

"Pay to play?" "Consistently since the 50's?" If you've got info on anything since 88-89 by all means share it with the world.

As far as Cal, has the NCAA found Cal personally responsible for anything at UMass or Memphis? I'll wait.... Also, he's been at UK for 10 years, and not so much as a sniff of an allegation. I guess we will keep waiting.

Meanwhile, you keep equating recruiting violations with being a despicable person. About par for the course I reckon. Bob Knight will have to hire pall bearers when he dies.
you 'don't follow' yet you're living on this site. And as for info after 88-89, half the rap sheet on RMK happened in the 70s. The view of the world must look different from the double wide you're in. Cue the banjos again....

you 'don't follow' yet you're living on this site. And as for info after 88-89, half the rap sheet on RMK happened in the 70s. The view of the world must look different from the double wide you're in. Cue the banjos again....
See, you make a nice, valid point ...but then you had to throw in a juvenile comment. I've lived in Indy for nearly 40 years. Don't act like there aren't trailer parks in Indiana, cause I've been all over the state.

I also remember UK wanting to play Notre dame for 20 years in Louisville so they could call it neutral site. LOL

No, they didn't.

They played that game in Louisville for the benefit of all the UK fans in Louisville.

See, you make a nice, valid point ...but then you had to throw in a juvenile comment. I've lived in Indy for nearly 40 years. Don't act like there aren't trailer parks in Indiana, cause I've been all over the state.

yeah I second guessed myself when I typed it. I grew up in Indiana, moved up to Chicago area 25 yrs ago chasing career and cash. Trust me, up in this commie cesspool, everything south of Lake County IN is one big confederate trailer park in the eyes of people in Crook County IL.

Honestly, UK will be just fine without IU on their schedule, and visa versa. The B1G regular season is a meat grinder year after year. We know whether or not IU has a good team by the end of January, regardless of who is on our out-of-conf schedule.

Okay, this has been interesting, if not fun. I can't say spending time interacting with IU fans has been a pleasant experience, and it has reinforced the opinions I already held, so now I'm ready to issue my findings.

1. UK and IU should play on a regular basis in almost all sports. It just makes sense. Geographic proximity; the schools are similar in that they are the public land-grant institutions in each state; similar in size, enrollment, academics, professional schools, athletic teams; both are basketball schools in football regions.

2. The fact that the schools play in different conferences makes it a unique rivalry experience, since most other intense rivalries occur within states or within conferences.

Having said that, though, it appears to me that what remains of our athletic rivalry will soon fade away to nonexistence for the following reasons:

3. Our football programs already play a rigorous conference schedule and neither would want to commit to another home-and-home series with a major program.

4. Our basketball programs are headed in opposite directions, at least for now. The UK program is looking at the future and how to adapt and succeed in a changing economic, regulatory, and cultural environment. The IU program not so much.

5. The baseball teams and the non-revenue producing teams will probably continue to play each other for awhile, as long as they are sparsely attended by IU fans. Should attendance reach a substantial level, the inevitable insults and name-calling by IU fans will begin, and those teams will no longer play.

Unfortunately, at some point IU fans decided it is more fun to maintain an attitude of superiority over all things UK and Kentucky, and to subject fans and residents to the most demeaning insults possible, than to participate in a normal sports rivalry. Which helps account for the abusive treatment experienced by UK fans at IU and the fact that Coach Cal refuses to go back.

So, there it is. You don't need us, we don't need you. You go your way, we'll go ours. And don't bother to respond with meaningless insults, name-calling, and claims of your superiority and our inferiority, both school and state. But of course, I know you will.

for the record, and IMHO only, I find 'rushing the court' after a victory embarrassing. I understand why it happened during the infamous Watshot game, because of what IU had gone through in the previous yrs. That was a singular, unique moment. But still, it drives me nuts that our fans point to those red banners swinging in the breeze above, then rush the court after a home win vs #4 Wisconsin like we're a D2 school that just knocked off a mid major and put ourselves on the map. I long for the day when winning a home game wasn't a reason to celebrate uncontrollably....because it was expected we would win that home game before tipoff. Hoping CAM is slowly taking IU back in that direction. Check back in about 6 months.

That's a lie.
Never in a million yrs did I think UK fans obsessed this much about IU ball, RMK, our history, our schedule, who we should play.... We've been feeling rather irrelevant for quite some time. Thanks for the ego stroke, it's much needed and appreciated.

Be honest, you guys are really just a group of little brothers from GBI who came here to stir it up under the guise of being Cat fans...no?

I'm still waiting for an IU fan to provide the actual facts of what happened at UMass and Memphis, as well as any actual allegations of Cal while in Lex. Do any of you actually have an answer for any of that, or is it just easier to say Cal cheats and you sleep with your sister?

If Cal is cheating, the layers are so thick, it would never be linked to him.
I will say this, why would all of these 5 stars want to live in Lexington KY for a year, playing for a coach who has won 1 Championship in his career with more talent than most NBA teams?

Reactions: GregHaggard
Never in a million yrs did I think UK fans obsessed this much about IU ball, RMK, our history, our schedule, who we should play.... We've been feeling rather irrelevant for quite some time. Thanks for the ego stroke, it's much needed and appreciated.

Be honest, you guys are really just a group of little brothers from GBI who came here to stir it up under the guise of being Cat fans...no?

Nah, not obsessed with IU, just amused. I visit a lot of boards. Saw this post, opened it and started reading and saw all the accusations and insults towards our state and our program and coach and decided to chime in. (By the way,, no matter how many Cat fans come to this board, you'll still be irrelevant. 1987 was a loooonnnnnggg time ago).

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Okay, this has been interesting, if not fun. I can't say spending time interacting with IU fans has been a pleasant experience, and it has reinforced the opinions I already held, so now I'm ready to issue my findings.

1. UK and IU should play on a regular basis in almost all sports. It just makes sense. Geographic proximity; the schools are similar in that they are the public land-grant institutions in each state; similar in size, enrollment, academics, professional schools, athletic teams; both are basketball schools in football regions.

2. The fact that the schools play in different conferences makes it a unique rivalry experience, since most other intense rivalries occur within states or within conferences.

Having said that, though, it appears to me that what remains of our athletic rivalry will soon fade away to nonexistence for the following reasons:

3. Our football programs already play a rigorous conference schedule and neither would want to commit to another home-and-home series with a major program.

4. Our basketball programs are headed in opposite directions, at least for now. The UK program is looking at the future and how to adapt and succeed in a changing economic, regulatory, and cultural environment. The IU program not so much.

5. The baseball teams and the non-revenue producing teams will probably continue to play each other for awhile, as long as they are sparsely attended by IU fans. Should attendance reach a substantial level, the inevitable insults and name-calling by IU fans will begin, and those teams will no longer play.

Unfortunately, at some point IU fans decided it is more fun to maintain an attitude of superiority over all things UK and Kentucky, and to subject fans and residents to the most demeaning insults possible, than to participate in a normal sports rivalry. Which helps account for the abusive treatment experienced by UK fans at IU and the fact that Coach Cal refuses to go back.

So, there it is. You don't need us, we don't need you. You go your way, we'll go ours. And don't bother to respond with meaningless insults, name-calling, and claims of your superiority and our inferiority, both school and state. But of course, I know you will.

El Oh El.

If Cal is cheating, the layers are so thick, it would never be linked to him.
I will say this, why would all of these 5 stars want to live in Lexington KY for a year, playing for a coach who has won 1 Championship in his career with more talent than most NBA teams?

Think it might be because the players he's coached have made $1 billion in the NBA?

This thread reeks of moonshine meth and burning couches. Why have the toothless and hygiene challenged invaded our board?

Nah, not obsessed with IU, just amused. I visit a lot of boards. Saw this post, opened it and started reading and saw all the accusations and insults towards our state and our program and coach and decided to chime in. (By the way,, no matter how many Cat fans come to this board, you'll still be irrelevant. 1987 was a loooonnnnnggg time ago).

"no matter how many Cat fans come to this board, you'll still be irrelevant"
again, more irony, without logic.

I think we can all agree that the NCAA is a sham that cherry picks what they want to enforce and who they will and won't go after. The NCAA is a joke with zero credibility. And people with the loudest voices like Vitale and Bilas should assume some of the blame for not speaking up about it.

And UK is safe because there was never even an hint of violations. And as I've said before, Cal was probably the heaviest investigated coach throughout this entire scandal. But not even a whisper of a hint of a rumor.

Yes, I agree with this...I have no idea if Cal cheats.
And UK has been in trouble before.
We also know that UK and alumni LOVE their basketball.
So, I find it very illogical that they would allow anyone, irregardless of their name, progeny, or success, to place that in jeopardy.
I have no inside information, so I'm simply stating my opinion.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
So, there it is. You don't need us, we don't need you. You go your way, we'll go ours. And don't bother to respond with meaningless insults, name-calling, and claims of your superiority and our inferiority, both school and state. But of course, I know you will.[/QUOTE]

Dude, when I first started reading this post I thought that perhaps you do have a bit of sense.
But my family comes from Kentucky, my father moved to Indiana in the 1950's for work purposes, so we have a nice familial rivalry.
Half IU, half UK.
I've been to many UK games, not just IU, so I can say with authority that UK fans are NO BETTER than IU fans when it comes to derogatory language.
You seem to have a bit of a god complex!

a5f18c76f3d65aefe97fdd5b39be26fb.jpg

I was drawn to this thread by a thread on RR . . . just sounds like a Kent Sterling echo chamber. 1st time here is also last time here. Reply if you want. I'll never see them. No UK fan wants to clog the schedule with IU. It is what it is.

Later taters.

Last edited:
I was drawn to this thread by a thread on RR . . . just sounds like a Kent Sterling echo chamber. 1st time here is also last time here. Reply if you want. I'll never see them. No UK fan wants to clog the schedule with IU. It is what it is.

Later taters.
You're dumb.

No, they didn't.

They played that game in Louisville for the benefit of all the UK fans in Louisville.

LOL. For 20 years? ND is also at fault for letting it continue.

Notice down the article that is pretty good reading that they italicized neutral in discussing the 20 years of the game in Louisville. So that means neutral for the benefit of UK fans? LOL

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/rivalNotreDame2.html

Also notice that Rupp set a precedent for Cal around the 1950 part of article where they mentioned he vowed never to back to South Bend. Apparently the crowd was just to hostile for them.

LOL. For 20 years? ND is also at fault for letting it continue.

Hmmm....interesting to note that you are an authority on Kentucky basketball history.

Yes. 20 years.

12/29/1981 (#4) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 34 - 28 OT (at Louisville, KY)
12/27/1980 (#2) Kentucky vs. (#8) Notre Dame L 61 - 67 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1979 (#2) Kentucky vs. (#8) Notre Dame W 86 - 80 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1978 (#13) Kentucky vs. (#2) Notre Dame W 81 - 76 (at Louisville, KY)
12/31/1977 (#1) Kentucky vs. (#4) Notre Dame W 73 - 68 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1976 (#6) Kentucky vs. (#2) Notre Dame W 102 - 78 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1975 Kentucky vs. (#5) Notre Dame W 79 - 77 (at Louisville, KY)
12/28/1974 (#17) Kentucky vs. (#13) Notre Dame W 113 - 96 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1973 Kentucky vs. (#3) Notre Dame L 79 - 94 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1972 Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 65 - 63 (at Louisville, KY)
12/28/1971 (#12) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 83 - 67 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1970 (#8) Kentucky vs. (#15) Notre Dame L 92 - 99 (at Louisville, KY)
3/12/1970 (#1) Kentucky vs. (#9) Notre Dame W 109 - 99 NCAA Mideast Regional Semifinals (at Columbus, OH)
12/27/1969 (#1) Kentucky vs. (#11) Notre Dame W 102 - 100 (at Louisville, KY)
12/28/1968 (#4) Kentucky vs. (#7) Notre Dame W 110 - 90 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1967 (#6) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 81 - 73 (at Louisville, KY)
12/31/1966 Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 96 - 85 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1965 (#5) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 103 - 69 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1964 Kentucky vs. Notre Dame L 97 - 111 (at Louisville, KY)
12/28/1963 (#2) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 101 - 81 (at Louisville, KY)
12/29/1962 (#5) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 78 - 70 (at Louisville, KY)
12/30/1961 (#6) Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 100 - 53 (at Louisville, KY)
12/7/1960 Kentucky vs. Notre Dame W 68 - 62 (at Louisville, KY)

Let's take a step back and start with the incorrect presumption. Indiana doesn't want to play UK as much as UK want's to play IU. We whooped you the last time we played so the ground rules will be laid out by IU.

We do not agree with playing at neutral sites and have no interest in it which is why the series was terminated. If you guys want to come back, you are more than welcome to take your beating but otherwise, keep losing to other teams in the pre-conference. I am ok with neutral sites periodically but am fully onboard with home and home. To say home and home with Louisville is enough is ridiculous because we also are playing Louisville in home and home....but have no problem with adding UK.

Lastly, we won't stop making incest comments until you guys stop doing it!

You whooped us the last time we played? Guess facts are optional to some.

I felt our Assembly Hall needed a thorough cleaning when the few UK fans left.

I would rather keep our rotation of playing Duke or UNC along with top programs from other conferences instead of giving into Calipari's efforts to have our state help him get a big revenue boost by sharing gate receipts. The games belong on our campuses. Oops, I guess Racist Rupp arena isn't really on campus is it?

Yeah, cause we need your gate money. Lmao! Come on, step your hate game up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT